Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I think I may have missed something...why are we suddenly so fixated on everything doubling up? 2 prison houses (TWD & an original), 2 werewolf houses...I'm confused.

Because it's HHN 22... Wait... no...

Well, damn.

• Like 4

I think I may have missed something...why are we suddenly so fixated on everything doubling up? 2 prison houses (TWD & an original), 2 werewolf houses...I'm confused.
I think it's more or less just a matter of it just seems like that's the direction everything looks like it's going. Whether its intentional or not, everything has WAYY too many similarities this year....I think we're more or less just trying to speculate why haha
  • Like 1

Because the addition of an original prison made the connections and similarities obvious. We had previously discussed 2 zombie houses and 2 cabin houses. But an original prison haunt the same year that TWD season 3 will most likely appear at HHN? That is not a coincidence or syncronisty.

It's easy to find similarities and connections in horror movies. Cabin plays off of those. AWIL, even references other horror films. And all these IPs are popular now, well maybe not AWIL. You can chalk the similarities up as coincidence.

But, when you add in the originals? Especially if a rumored prison house comes to fruition. It no longer a coincidence. A&D will have chosen and created the originals.

Considering how elaborate some back stories have been, I just can't see them missing all the links and connections.

P. S. - If we get Evil Dead, the Deadites are Morphans. I'm claiming them for my legion now.

Deadites are greedy, self-gratifying tricksters.

• Like 3

Look lets just call a spade a spade at this point folks and move on with our lives. These houses have been the worst kept secrets since March. So many people have posted them way too early. It is what it is at this point.

TWD, AWIL, Evil Dead (replaced AHS), Cabin in the Woods, Resident Evil, La Larona, Havoc, and a prison of some sort.

I'm confirming this list.

• Like 5

Look lets just call a spade a spade at this point folks and move on with our lives. These houses have been the worst kept secrets since March. So many people have posted them way too early. It is what it is at this point.

TWD, AWIL, Evil Dead (replaced AHS), Cabin in the Woods, Resident Evil, La Larona, Havoc, and a prison of some sort.

I'm confirming this list.

*sighs* If only Hollywood was this easy to crack.... But alas... Have fun Orlando :)

• Like 1

I agree Dr. Jimmy . . . nothing is ever fully deciphered when it comes to the masterminds behind (and "working for") HHN. I, too, think that the "Eraser" clue was originally for AHS and scrapped for Evil Dead, which was expected from the beginning.

I definitely think there is a connection between Goth Wackee NOT accepting any Maschorians and there being a prison house. There is clearly a link between the two and I'm sure this will get hashed out with time. But, why are Kerezans different? This was a direct statement referring to one particular legion. Hmm . . .

I also think that the HU FB speculation regarding Dr. T(ee) as Dr. Thorncastle is spot on. I'm so glad to see LT making a return. Remember, though, Dr. Richard Steerington is of the Baccanoid bloodline - another tie in to the legions. And I've been saying for a while now, that Boris (another Baccanoid) should make a return so we can find out his fate. These facts, amongst others, point to a HU/LT relationship of some sort. Maybe we'll find out more tonight once Goth Wackee lands in NJ. . . .

*Oh, and since everyone else is participating . . .

Fact: A barnacle has the largest penis-to-body size ratio than any other animal on Earth. (My students love that fact.)

• Like 1

FACT: Things change, what is confirmed today may be scrapped tomorrow.

As was proved last year and the AHS/ED issue.

Nothing is100% till construction... even then your building might get demolished.

I hope, with permits filed and things moving forward, no more upsets occur to the lineup.

I do feel this info shouldn't have come to light early but to ignore the elephant in the room is counterproductive.

Plus we still have story, site, streets, and sarezones to contemplate.... but I shall not be relinquishing anything else I may or may not have either now or up until the event starts.

• Like 5

very interesting line up.... One thing I am really glad about is not seeing Alice Cooper in there, I hope it stays that way.

The houses might have similar themes, but I wish they used different creatures for each house. For example, I would be happy if they focused a little bit more on using monsters for Resident Evil than just zombies. It would be great to see different creatures from the games (plus the zombies) That way it would feel different.

Same thing with Cabin in the Woods, I would hope they focus more on how the movie ended rather than the cabin and the beginning of the movie itself. It would make it feel different than Evil Dead.

My fear about this line up is that one house will feel just like the other one. Maybe it won't happen but I would be a little bit afraid of that.

Well... Not knowing anything about this new house... Is it possible it's like an Alice Cooper: Incarcerated or something like that?

Sure why not "Alice goes to Jail".

There was already "Alice goes to hell".

Next you year it could be "Alice goes to camp", "Alice saves christmas", or "Alice scared stupid" :lol:

• Like 1

Same thing with Cabin in the Woods, I would hope they focus more on how the movie ended rather than the cabin and the beginning of the movie itself. It would make it feel different than Evil Dead.

My fear about this line up is that one house will feel just like the other one. Maybe it won't happen but I would be a little bit afraid of that.

Pure speculation on my part, but after thinking the same thing, what if CitW ends up being the "comedy" house with the emphasis being on the third act of the movie? First room, or even just the facade, is the cabin, everything else takes place downstairs. [being vague to avoid moive spoilers]

The only other potential dark comedy house I could see would be the prison--and that setting seems better suited to "scary" than "funny."

Why my dear doctor I do believe that was a shot at little old me *bats eyelashes*

But you are right hard to spoil was was long since. Anyway take it for what it is. It's May. :P

As for dark a comedy house... Could this be the first year without one since Meats? Gasp... the horror.. the horror. I hope not. I like the comedy houses.

• Like 1

It was called simon in the Land of Chalk... Use to come on Pinwheel back when that was all the was on Nickolodeon (and Nick actually went off the air at 6 pm). But Meyes got his inspiration from it (note the theme song).

there was also Harold and the Purple crayon.

Actually, a house about drawings coming to life could be frightening.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you can forget any idea about Alice being involved in any way shape or form in 8th house lol. It's not going to be based on any IP property but something else entirely.

I know...

Now for a beer...