HHN 23 Construction (Discussion)

not attacking just confused what everyone wants. I mean it is a near exact replica of herschel's barn (mirrored for some reason)

nn8t8y.jpg

24nmnva.jpg

Sure it may not be exactly to scale but it's 3/4 scale at least... and the biggest dang thing I have EVER seen built in the streets for HHN.

I'm not even a huge TWD fan and i'm really impressed with the scale of things this year. The sets, the facades.... I mean La Llorona is unbelievably huge. This barn is insane compared to anything we've had in the past.

• Like 5

Guest kiwisoup

not attacking just confused what everyone wants. I mean it is a near exact replica of herschel's barn (mirrored for some reason)

nn8t8y.jpg

24nmnva.jpg

Sure it may not be exactly to scale but it's 3/4 scale at least... and the biggest dang thing I have EVER seen built in the streets for HHN.

I'm not even a huge TWD fan and i'm really impressed with the scale of things this year. The sets, the facades.... I mean La Llorona is unbelievably huge. This barn is insane compared to anything we've had in the past.

If you can walk through it, then it wouldn't be mirrored on the other side? maybe this is the back side?

nn8t8y.jpg

24nmnva.jpg

Looking at the pics, it's mirrored because of it's location, I think.

Placing the plant area on the other side was hampered by the logistics of the location.

Does that make sense?

And Jeramy, I am with you.

TWD may not be my personal cup of tea (and I'm not even really big on street sets to be honest), but what has been designed and set up on the streets this year...AMAZING!! Breathtaking!!

This shows how awesome A&D is, and I'm going to have a great time this year because I spell HHN FUN!!!

• Like 4

Jeramy, thanks for posting the picture. I was going to say exactly what Heather stated about the location. The overhang on the "real" barn's left side wouldn't have fit in the "HHN" barn's left side. I don't think this is supposed to represent the back since the Walkers come out through the front of the barn. Unless, both sides are exactly the same and Sophia indeed came out through the back and not what we're assuming is the front.

I don't think the barn is small in any way. We should just be extremely happy that we're getting SETS in the streets again. It might not fit the size and proportions of sets in the past, but they're SETS! And to have one as large as the Greene family barn . . . we should be doing our fanboy/fangirl happy dance! When I first heard rumors about the barn being located across from Mel's, I just thought . . . oh, the memories of the Skoolhouse, which is the BEST SZ to date, for me at least. I'm sure this barn will hold its ground as being a great SZ. Let's just hope that we get our Sophia. And, from who I understand is being represented in the Woodlands, the Survivor's Camp, and the house itself, it sounds like Walker Sophia will get her time to shine this year! I just thought it was sad to see her last year hiding in the corner (as if to hide her from AMC heads).

Once the crowds come. The experience of this barn will be terrible. I'm happy that A&D are thinking outside of the parade route to bring streets back. As a fan the houses are one thing but the streets are where I truly enjoy most of my HHn time.

I thought the same thing back in 2008 when the skoolhouse had the walk in area. Yes there may have been a long line at times, but in less than a minute i was already inside it. Since the barn is bigger, maybe it'll work out better,

The quickness of the lines could have been from the skoolhouse being tiny and really a straight pathway. Hopefully with the barn being big. Walkers can scare the guest out quickly. The skoolhouse also had a cool bus across from it and also a cool switch out.

The streets really do look good. Even if I wasn't a huge Walking Dead fan, those sets are Universal quality. I hope they don't get ruined. The barn looks awesome from the latest pics JDW posted, and I'm curious how they will pull off the fire effect this year but yeah once the crowds hit that area is probably going to get overcrowded.

The streets really do look good. Even if I wasn't a huge Walking Dead fan, those sets are Universal quality. I hope they don't get ruined. The barn looks awesome from the latest pics JDW posted, and I'm curious how they will pull off the fire effect this year but yeah once the crowds hit that area is probably going to get overcrowded.

The good thing is that people coming here plus the barn plus the zombies, it is going to make it look like a bigger horde of zombies.

It seems like the street sets are over the top better then last year or is that just me?

Not just you! I think there is a lot ot be said for one consistent theme in the streets on a massive scale rather than individual and unrelated sections. Plus, we haven't seen everything in place yet - the Clear for example.