Dark Legions: Traditionals

Mark M.

I FINALLY had candy last night in Kid's Zone. Of course, Rosie did end up with the bulk of the batch (at least the batch she knew about). However, I did stand my ground - so to speak - even though she and Dead Uncle Fred were having a very unpleasant conversation about me. And they didn't even have the courtesy to do it behind my back!! ;) Well, that's a story for another time...

Nonetheless, my resistance withstood the onslaught, and I successfully delivered the long promised candy to my ballerina! I was so happy to hear that it was her favorite, too! I was glad to hear their very tall "guardian" is pleased that we are also looking after their children.

... to all the Traditionals in Kids Zone last night, you were truly amazing, fun, and totally on point. Thanks for yet another genuinely delightful night! <3

Oh and Sam you forgot to mention the "std's" socially transmitted diseases...

When owl boy was talking about Facebook I said yea you don't want to get std's he said what's that? And I responded socially transmitted diseases. We laughed all night about that.

Dear god how did i forget that part!!!!????? TOO AMAZING!!! XDDDDDDDDDD

Socialy Transmitted diseases. As a child he was very socially awkward like most are, which makes the joke more fantastic!

Edited by TsunamiFox

Sam this was on Saturday.

Well, she did it on Thursday too remember? She threw it on the ground...this was when we were trying to bribe her about where the task was. Then Chicken Boy and her stood together and pointed at you and said they were at war with you. Then not too long after they went backstage. Remember now?

I posted something similar in the discussion thread, BUT:

I just wanted to say thank you to EVERYONE! The Traditionals wouldn't have been half as much fun if we didn't have you guys to play along every night! You put up with verbal abuse, nagging, and everything in between with such a good sense of tolerance and humor. We absolutely loved seeing y'all every night. You are just as much a part of what made this legion so special as we were. THE BIGGEST SUGAR COATED THANK YOU!

• Like 5

I just wanted to say thank you to EVERYONE! The Traditionals wouldn't have been half as much fun if we didn't have you guys to play along every night! You put up with verbal abuse, nagging, and everything in between with such a good sense of tolerance and humor. We absolutely loved seeing y'all every night. You are just as much a part of what made this legion so special as we were. THE BIGGEST SUGAR COATED THANK YOU!

Don't make me cry...I said I wasn't going to cry.

• Like 1

ok this belongs here more...

Ok, now for story time.

Fox girl encounter 2

Found some traditionals by the bakery bathroom ( the Me room as they called it), we asked them where the fox girl was.

Cat girl #1: "why do you want to find the fox girl?"

Cat girl #2: "yeah, she is mean! she takes our candy!"

They did point us in the right direction after we gave them some candy.

I soon found her after she ran after a guy. (Man, she is quick!) She was talking to a man with his face painted. she soon noticed me standing there.

Fox Girl: "TAKE A PICTURE IT WIL-" *i hold up a handful of candy* "Oooh, candy!"

We then talked a bit and gave her the rest of the candy in which she gave to the Op that was there. She had us point and laugh at the guy she was talking to cause he only brought her 1 piece of candy. so we gave all of the trick or treaters candy. But fox girl got the most of them all.

I dont know if i got rosie or not, i did take a picture i will edit in later...

Edited by Doctor Cogstein

What she said basically, everyone that kept coming back to see us is what made it so awesome. You guys knew all of our characters so well that you could even tell us apart outside of costume. :lol: We LOVED seeing you guys because we knew you would give us the chance to go to extreme levels with our interactions which is fun for all of us. So thank you for helping with what has been the most fun HHN I have had!

• Like 3

What she said basically, everyone that kept coming back to see us is what made it so awesome. You guys knew all of our characters so well that you could even tell us apart outside of costume. :lol: We LOVED seeing you guys because we knew you would give us the chance to go to extreme levels with our interactions which is fun for all of us. So thank you for helping with what has been the most fun HHN I have had!

mandy are you a traditional?

did we give you candy last night?

i was pushing a walker and had goggles on my head.

Edited by Doctor Cogstein

I was there on October 27th & 28th (Richard, the guy in the HHN Zombie shirt, for those who remember) and the Traditionals definitely helped make my night 22 times better! Of course, everyone loved Rosie the Fox Girl and Chicken Boy. I tried sneaking in a few big Snicker bars (I meant to ask all the Traditionals their favourite candies, but I never got around to it) but Security made me throw them out. Rosie got mad when I told her that and asked why I didn't put them in my shoes or something. I told her I thought about that, but I didn't want to give her smelly, sweaty candy. Only the best quality candies for one of my favourite Dark Legions! Anyway, on the 28th, I had a lot of fun with a few Morphans while we were waiting for some updates on the Horror Unearthed game and Chicken Boy came up to us, Brent Terrien gave him some candy but then one of the stilt walkers took it from him and was holding it above Chicken Boy making him jump for it. Lots of fun. It was amusing watching all the Traditionals coming over to us after that asking us for candy. Rosie came up to Brent and lifted her mask when she got candy and asked him if he was sure that they didn't have any poison in them.

A few hours later, after the Q & A, Dr. Jimmy, myself, and a third man hung out by the entrance to Penn & Teller, and Rosie stayed by and chatted with us for the longest time. Getting us all to stick out our tongues since the Morphans won the game. It's not often that you wind up having Doctor Who discussions with a Scareactor.

Also, on the 27th, I had said something to Rosie that I think made her mad because she followed me around for about 10 minutes after that while I was getting into the line for Alice Cooper asking me why I didn't have any candy.

Lastly, I must give kudos to the blonde Fox Girl. After the event opened on the 28th, I saw her yelling at some guy who didn't have candy and trying to get him to go into the store to buy some. When he said he would and walked away, it made me laugh when she yelled, "I LIKE SOUR PATCH KIDS!" Although it's not the blood of innocent babies like her sister likes, it was still funny to hear.

She appreciate it I'm sure. I always gave her 3d glasses she loved them.

Now i remember. i caught Mandy and 2 cast mates outside the bakery bathroom in the tunnel. they called it the "Me Room".

we were looking for Rosie to give her candy. we asked them all and they told us, after we gave them some candy. we did miss on giving candy to the tiger, but i think we got the rest.

the op showed us how much they got. they got a good bag of candy yesterday.

The Traditionals - what should have been SOTY! Your interactions with the guest and with each other, the dedication to your specific roles, the lusting for candy, the tantrums when you didn't get the candy, and so many other things made both Traditional casts truly a pleasure to be around. While you weren't the scariest of the legions (that goes to the Warriors, in my opinion), you were the most entertaining. However, you did get many scares through your antics on a nightly basis. One of my favorite houses is the Skool in 2005 (don't judge, we're all entitled to our opinion) and my favorite scarezone is the Skoolhouse from 2008; now I can add the Traditionals to a great line of favorites. Know that you will all be missed!

And here's to one final special shout-out to all of the foxes, especially my marzipan friend - Bill. Rosie, you, too, were phenomenal every night. And to Rosie's evil twin . . . look at it this way, at least you were nicer than Rosie. That counts for something, right?

• Like 5

Are you guys ready for some videos of Traditionals? Well, you better be because I have four of them! xD And note, a lot of Scare-actors on here are in these videos and fans likewise. All were filmed by me and on the Thursday October 25th (Morphan Task night).

Here's some Rosie madness. In this video, she responds to the song I wrote for her, as in she wrote me a song! Brilliant!

This video was filmed right after the Morphan group picture was taken.

This one is all about the amazing Zachary (The Owl Boy). *Sorry for my hyena laugh, Zach is just too damn funny.

Last one! This one is for Bill (The Fox Boy). He's fantastic, lol.

• Like 3