Dark Legions: Traditionals

Mark M.

Such great fun last night! I felt SOOOO bad for the ballerina who was expecting candy from me this time - and I didn't have any more! I really did get some, and it really did get eaten *cough* me *cough*. Also the young lady who keeps accusing Dr. Jimmy of poisoning her - one of the best performances ever! It's really tough to watch a little girl cry like that. Even when she does decide what she really wants is "FRESH MEAT"!!

And the witches and vampires and all those with Nightmares shout outs - happy Halloween yet again!

• Like 3

I pass through these boys and girls a lot when going to and from our sets, and I love every bit of them. They get a ton of screams and send masses of people running for the hills, and their interactions with the Beasts as they pass through are adorable.

I pass through these boys and girls a lot when going to and from our sets, and I love every bit of them. They get a ton of screams and send masses of people running for the hills, and their interactions with the Beasts as they pass through are adorable.

We love the Beasts, you guys are our favorite to interact with.

• Like 2

You all do such an incredible job with the creativity of your phrases and interactions. You are definitely the most fun horde to watch. I'm glad I made some new "friends" this weekend - I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your cast in the upcoming weeks. And, of course, a special thank you to my favorite fox. You never know . . . I just may bring you some marzipan one night.

I'm the ballerina with the kitty mask and weird twitch. :) The girl with the fox mask is hilarious! I'm glad you all are enjoying our legion so far, we're having a blast playing out there. :)

Mandy! I was there on Friday and right when I saw you I knew it was you lol!

You all did great it was awesome! Hopefully going to be going back sometime this month. (:

Long time no talk! :)

Mandy! I was there on Friday and right when I saw you I knew it was you lol!

You all did great it was awesome! Hopefully going to be going back sometime this month. (:

Long time no talk! :)

Ah I didn't even see you! Did I go up to you? I was actually just thinking about asking you if you went yet haha. Definitely come back and let me know what day! :)

So Corey had another epic playdate with the Traditionals... i believe it was Cast B... unfortunately we didnt get pics this time. Well Corey has like one or two..

He had his bag of candy for them, and of course Rosie (dark haired fox girl) pounced on that... which resulted in tug-of-war over the bag of candy between Corey & the fox girl :lol: When he wouldn't let her have the whole thing, she had a "tantrum" (Corey has a pic)... of course he let his guard down, which resulted in her grabbing the bag of candy & running like hell through Hollywood around the big set piece with Corey chasing after lol

Later on we saw the cast again over in World Expo and the other trick-r-treaters were giving Corey a hard time about not having candy for them..

• Like 2

Had a similar thing with Rosie and the chicken mask boy. They came to me asking for candy while I was videoing some kids getting freaked out by the monsters, and I just so happened to have some Party Patrol candy left in my backpack! As I went to pull it out, they began tangling their arms up in a sort of Two Stooges routine and finally ended with their outstretched arms twisted around each other. I gave Skittles to Rosie and a bag of Swedish Fish to chicken mask, and promised them more in the future.

So Corey had another epic playdate with the Traditionals... i believe it was Cast B... unfortunately we didnt get pics this time. Well Corey has like one or two..

He had his bag of candy for them, and of course Rosie (dark haired fox girl) pounced on that... which resulted in tug-of-war over the bag of candy between Corey & the fox girl :lol: When he wouldn't let her have the whole thing, she had a "tantrum" (Corey has a pic)... of course he let his guard down, which resulted in her grabbing the bag of candy & running like hell through Hollywood around the big set piece with Corey chasing after lol

Later on we saw the cast again over in World Expo and the other trick-r-treaters were giving Corey a hard time about not having candy for them..

Rosie is a selfish little.....individual :P haha stole all the candy and made it so I couldn't give any to anyone else. But I think the tug of war and the epic melt down in Hollywood was worth it all. I don't think I've ever seen anyone cry and have a full on temper tantrum that loud. Not even a real 8 year old. But that's what I think makes Rosie who she is. She begged me last night to turn her into an internet meme. We'll see haha

Saw a lot of cast B last night though. Lines were way too long, and I'd yet to get some good pictures of this legion. So I figured I would take the opportunity to take some fun pictures of these guys. I mean, they are my favorites after all! Considering I was able to run into them every set, they probably thought I was following them all night but alas, I guess I just happened to be in the right place at the right time last night haha Tyler and I even mentioned at the end of the night, while walking to HoH, that it was funny we ran into them when we were expecting them to be on the other side of the park. Either way, I'm glad it worked out and I'm glad I got to get some fun shots of you guys...even if it was just with my iPhone...

Rosie, if you're out there lurking, I want to thank you for really making this year something memorable. I love your entire cast! But you certainly add a great sense of fun to the whole legion and really make it hard for me to try to not find you guys in the park. I think you represent perfectly what a Traditional should be like and I can't wait to see what you bring to the table for the few remaining nights. You and your cast have, alone, made this my favorite street experience ever! With that said, I vote Rosie for Scareactor of the year! :) Once again, Traditionals, thank you guys so much!

• Like 2

I know many think quite highly of me, but I am hardly perfect.

Sometimes Dr. Jimmy makes mistakes. Sometimes I make a BIG mistake.

I have reported here earlier about my many encounters with the wonderful fox-masked girl, to be specific the one with the dark brown or black hair. From other's encounters with her, I have learned she is using a character name of "Rosie".

I had not seen her for a few days since she last stormed off when I had failed to notice her watching me eat at the Monster's Cafe.

Last night about 1:30 AM or so I was heading down Hollywood Blvd with BSquare near Mel's when I was confronted by the Fox Girl standing in the dark with the same crossed arms pose that I had seen before.

I asked her "Are you still mad at me?" She nodded.

I offered her a piece of candy in atonement "I'm sorry Rosie, would you like some candy?" She recoiled and just glared at me.

Slowly she reached up and pulled her pig-tails out of the shadows into the light.... they were light brown with blonde highlights!!!!

I gasped and sputtered to Bruce, "oh my God the wrong hair color that's the other Fox Gi-"

Before I could get the rest of the sentence out she exploded:

HOW RUDE!!!!!!!

I think I may be doomed.

• Like 8

Oh you're in deep shit now Doc! Bring her a bag full of York Peppermint Patties. Apparently she likes them...she took all of mine the other night. I gave her one and then she walked away....scared someone...and then came back exclaiming a loud, over-exaggerated *AHEM!* while sticking her hand out. I asked what her favorite was and she pointed at the one in her hand already haha so I gave her another one. She'd then go scare someone and do the same thing all over again....until I ran out of them haha so maybe that'll make amends with her if you bring her some :)

As far as Rosie goes, apparently the way to make her happy is through...ummmm...well now that I think about it, nothing's ever good enough for Rosie :P don't let her find out though that you confused her with her "sister." She'll probably have your face for lunch...

• Like 2

Rosie (I know you're out there....), you've once again stollen my heart this evening. You turned tonight into what could have possibly been a really horrible and overpacked night but somehow through your wit and sarcasm you made tonight, once again, extremely memorable. Basically I'm just trying to say this: I like the cut of your jib. I haven't laughed this hard in a while! Nuff said. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

Keep up the great work guys! All of you!

....I'm really going to miss you all at the end of this season. I'm talking like....the way Dorothy felt about the Scarecrow at the end of The Wizard of Oz...

(Bee tee dubz, if you all want pictures of yourselves that I've taken thus far, feel free to send me a message or even add me on Facebook. My screen name is my real name haha I'm always up for sharing...you should know this based on my generous candy sharing :P )

• Like 1

Last night in Central Park I met up with the blonde Fox Girl. I tried to apologize for having mistook her for Rosie but before I could say anything she screamed "I DON'T LIKE YOU!!!!" in my face and ran off. I had bought a bag of Peppermint Patties before this however as I had been told by Corey were her favorite. "Don't you want any candy?" I called after her. She came running back immediately with hands held out. "A peace offering" I said, but before I could take out a piece of candy for her she grabbed the whole bag! She looked at me for a beat then shouted "BUT, NO!!!!!" and ran off again.

Shortly after this, still in Central Park a Kitten Ballerina and a Hag approached me. The Cat Girl said "Dr. Jimmy you are in BIG trouble!", she told me she had heard what happened with the two Fox Girls the other night. I started to explain to her what had just happened with the Fox while she listened patiently when suddenly I was nailed by a Jack O' Lantern sneaking up and scaring me from behind! The little Cat had set me up! She just giggled evilly at this.

Later I finally met up with Rosie herself near Men in Black. She was also quite a bit angry, as she had heard that I had mistook the other one for her. I apologized profusely and told her what had happened. "She's my sister" she said with some disdain, "but I have nothing to do with her." "Don't you have any candy for me?"

"I'm sorry but she took the whole bag. She doesn't want to share any with you."

Rosie: "THIS IS WHY I DISOWNED HER!!!!"

"but, you really have no candy for me? how could you? I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!" and she started to cry.

I really began to feel bad for her. And desperately looked around and saw the MiB shop. "Wait, don't cry. There's a shop, I go see if they have candy"

I ran in and bought a large bag of M&Ms. Plain - just in case Rosie might have any allergies.

I came back out, and almost panicked as I didn't see her at first... but then there she was. "Here I got some for you, M&Ms. They don't melt in your hands." I said vapidly.

Slowly with great hesitation she considered the candy.... "Can I trust you?" "Is it poisoned?"

"Yes, please trust me." i pleaded. Then the Chicken Boy who had been watching all along clucked "I WANT IT!!!" Both he and a Goblin began grabbing at the bag. This convinced her.

"NO!" She told her fellow Traditionals, "This is MINE!!!!"

And she took the bag and ran off happily screaming, while the Chicken Boy chased after her!!!

• Like 8

Rosie is a very emotional one! Here's a story for you, I love the Traditional: "The Tiger Astronaut." I'm sure you know who he is...anyways, I made a shirt that, well praised him, and wore it that night. By this point, I had already had many talks with Rosie (and she even said my name in the video...but I didn't notice). She actually said hi to me (on her own) before the tragedy happened. Anyways, she saw the shirt I was wearing and began to flip shit! Like, oh my god...someone earlier mentioned not even an 8 year old could throw a tantrum like that, and you're so right!

I flimed it if you're interested...here's the video:

If you watch the video I posted above, you can see I really broke Rosie's heart. I knew that all the candy in the world couldn't fix it, so I used my music skills and wrote a song for her, offering my forgiveness. (I am the guy with the guitar).

Here's the song:

Also, Mandy, I think you're in the video as well. With the red lighting it's hard to tell. But, I apoogize to you and the rest of the Traditionals for kind of coming off like an ass. I had no idea how to handle the situation, and you all kind of "gang raped me," with words/demands for candy/hate/crying/and arghh! haha. It was a bit much. Hope to see all you again soon! Keep on doing amazing as you have been!

Edited by TsunamiFox
  • Like 1