Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

Secondly, where is Pyramid Head's blade? And why does he run down the hallway?

That may have been only one particular actor, as when I saw him he did a stiff-limbed "robot walk".

Also, for your own safety, do NOT look into the locker air cannons toward the beginning of the house. They're high pressure, and they WILL hurt you.

• Like 1

While I never played the games (sadly), I did watch and really like the movie. It creates an atmosphere that draws the viewer into the Otherworld and makes one think about what each creature represents in the human psyche. As BSquare said, we have been asking for this house for a LONG time and Universal finally delivered a long-awaited treat! By far, this was my most anticipated house of the year. However, with very high expectations, could come some very big disappointments. I should just listen to my friend who always tells me not to have any expectations, for then I may just enjoy everything and not be disappointed.

Hmm . . . I do feel that they captured the essence of the franchise, including the theming, but there are some things that I hope to see fixed over the next few weeks. The transition to the Otherworld doesn't seem to work as I had hoped, especially since the siren isn't loud or persistent enough and the lights don't dim when it starts. I was really hoping for a Psychoscareapy-type effect with the transition and the siren. Secondly, where is Pyramid Head's blade? And why does he run down the hallway? He is a truly iconic character who needs to be portrayed with precise detail. Thirdly, the nurses are not nearly crowded enough. Why are they off to the side and not staggered in the middle of the room like in Dead Exposure? I will say, however, that the nurses are amazing. I love the costume and the scareactors who play them are incredible. Last night's finale scene was very intimidating - good job ladies!

I do have this house ranked number four right now, and I do have high hopes for this house since changes can still be made. For example, when walking through the bathroom scene on Friday, we all wondered where the janitor was (why is his stall empty?), but he appeared on Saturday night.

Despite my criticism, I have to give a big thank you to Universal for giving us this house! Incredible!

this is what I was saying earlier, I really wish they did not have Pyramid head going back into the hall he goes to, I kinda wish that wall didn't exist,

and the nurses, it needed to be more crowded with them, yes,

The siren should be fixable as long as it's not built directly into the music (meaning that they'd need to open up the entire background audio track and edit the mix, which takes probably more time and effort than some would want), but the nurse problem is a bit more difficult. ABU and fire crew need to be available to fill in empty spots, so it would really only be possible to get more nurses on a temporary basis by picking girls who fit the costumes and aren't needed elsewhere to fill holes.

I want to understand why we were given only 1 pyramid head while Hollywood has more, Why? that made me kinda sad about it, yes the one we have is great, but I kinda wish he appeared more than once,

I would rather have Pyramid Head than the guy from the toilet with his legs on his head in that room, what I mean is, I wish they placed the guy with the feet on his head somewhere else, and gave two rooms to Pyramid Head,

that did disappointed me greatly,

they did not have to give an entire room to the Bathroom guy though, they could have put Pyramid Head there, a second one, and put the Bathroom guy in another smaller place, Bathroom guy is not as iconic as Pyramid, and having only one is too little,

I liked seeing the Bathroom guy in the house but he should have been put near the beginning of the house as well, since he appeared around the middle of the movie, not the end,

the thing that makes me feel pissed off about this is that Hollywood has like 5 0r 6, and they are actual actors that come out of boo holes to scare you, we have nothing like that here... that just makes me so upset,

Yeah I agree. They had pyramid heads coming out of everywhere. And the fact that they were coming out of boo holes is what upsets me a little. I still loved our house though, just cus I'm a huge fan of the game. But I really feel like Hollywood got it perfect with Silent Hill. And Walking Dead. Another question, is the Robbie the Rabbit in the finale an actual actor?

• Like 1

Yeah I agree. They had pyramid heads coming out of everywhere. And the fact that they were coming out of boo holes is what upsets me a little. I still loved our house though, just cus I'm a huge fan of the game. But I really feel like Hollywood got it perfect with Silent Hill. And Walking Dead. Another question, is the Robbie the Rabbit in the finale an actual actor?

not on ours, it's just glued to the wall, I saw the video for Hollywood and they have actors as Robbie the Rabbit right?

What the F__k happened to our Silent hill?

wait, you Didn't like they were coming out of Boo holes? I kinda wish they did for Orlando I mean, he Looks great, Pyramid Head is really really awesome, just makes me kinda mad that we only have him once,

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

not on ours, it's just glued to the wall, I saw the video for Hollywood and they have actors as Robbie the Rabbit right?

What the F__k happened to our Silent hill?

wait, you Didn't like they were coming out of Boo holes? I kinda wish they did for Orlando I mean, he Looks great, Pyramid Head is really really awesome, just makes me kinda mad that we only have him once,

I worded that wrong. It upsets me that we didn't get pyramid head coming out of a boo hole like Hollywood. And yeah they had like 4 Robbie the Rabbits in the finale room. They also had a room with the classroom scene from the movie, which we didn't have. I feel like Hollywood just put more effort than Orlando when it comes to Silent Hill and Walking Dead.

• Like 1

I think I know what those monsters in the Otherworld alleyway are. 200px-MumblerSH1.pngThe monster picture shown is the closest thing to the ones in the house. The are called Mumblers. They are lesser seen and known enemy from the very first game. In the US version, I believe they only show up specifically in the second Sewers trek you make in order to reach the Amusement Park.

In the PAL version of the first game, all of the Grey Children monsters(the demon kids with knives) were replaced with the Mumblers due to laws regarding the killing of children / child-like resemblances in a video games over in Europe.

Edited by ZekeStarr
  • Like 1

I think I know what those monsters in the Otherworld alleyway are. http://silenthill.wi...ki/Mumbler The monster in that link is the closest thing to the ones in the house. A lesser seen and known enemy from the very first game. In the US version, I believe they only show up specifically in the second Sewers trek you make in order to reach the Amusement Park.

In the PAL version of the first game, all of the Grey Children monsters(the demon kids with knives) were replaced with the Mumblers due to laws regarding the killing of children / child-like resemblances in a video games over in Europe.

is this the monster?

the page you linked doesn't show a pic

027a.jpg

Is going to sound dumb but they kinda looked like Buttface monsters LOL :lol:

The "bathroom guy" is the Janitor from the first film. He was actually a popular character among even the video game creators and they wanted to try and implement him or a similar creature into future games.

yeah I know it is when she has to reach into his mouth to get the key,

I like him in the house, I just didn't like they gave him his own room and made him the center of attention in that room, he could have been placed in another room

I guess I am just pissed about only one Pyramid Head, that seems so little to me, I like the bathroom guy a lot, the actor was really good too, he was freaky, I just didn't like the way they used him,

I have been waiting for this house like others have for so long, and there are all this little problems with the house, things that are small but very disappointing, that doesn't mean the house is not good, it is good, just makes me disappointed to think about it, they should have done it like Hollywood did, their house is pretty amazing compared to here

Pyramid Head Actually scares you, he comes at you, I thought we were going to experience that in here, we didn't

is this the monster?

the page you linked doesn't show a pic

027a.jpg

Is going to sound dumb but they kinda looked like Buttface monsters LOL :lol:

I edited my previous post. I removed the link and replaced it with a picture of the enemy I was trying to link to. Haven't a clue why the link wasn't working. Ah well. Regardless, go take a look at the picture. Also, the enemy in that picture of yours is called a Romper. Kinda ape-like in appearance, movement, and sound. Your nickname for it is quite funny.

I edited my previous post. I removed the link and replaced it with a picture of the enemy I was trying to link to. Haven't a clue why the link wasn't working. Ah well. Regardless, go take a look at the picture. Also, the enemy in that picture of yours is called a Romper. Kinda ape-like in appearance, movement, and sound. Your nickname for it is quite funny.

I see it now, I saw a picture for both monsters but I thought it was the same monster,

(they do look like buttface monsters... )

Edited by Mr. Black

Since i've only done this house once so far, I will only give my first initial impression....

Never played the games, but have seen the movie twice.

- watching the lights-on walkthrough reminded me a lot of the movie

- House facade/entrance is pretty much what I expected

- lacks in the scare department (which is disappointing because I expected to shit myself in this house)

- found the movie to be MORE creepy/scary than the actual house

- while the sets are nice, was very underwhelmed

- Pyramid Head = best. thing. about. the. house.

Hopefully this house improves because I was very disappointed by it. Maybe I just need to have more than just one drink before going through it :lol:

• Like 1