HHN 22 Speculation

^ The conflict that I heard was the licensing of the individual character names. If they don't get it resolved it'll still be "Walking Dead", but it'll have characters like "Generic Sheriff" and "Guy with fishing hat" instead of Rick Grimes and Dale when used in advertising..

• Like 1

Like anyone will notice if the sheriff is Rick or just a sheriff. It's a moot point to have the actually characters represented as they rearely talk in the houses (or say peoples names for that matter) and I doubt you will find anyone who looks just like the characters.

• Like 6

Like anyone will notice if the sheriff is Rick or just a sheriff. It's a moot point to have the actually characters represented as they rearely talk in the houses (or say peoples names for that matter) and I doubt you will find anyone who looks just like the characters.

that is exactly what I was thinking, if they could just do genetic characters what is the problem? I mean, is it the Look of the characters that is the problem? and even that can be worked around, I don't know this confuses me, I hope they can work around it and give us Human characters, that house pretty much relies on them, just as much as the zombies

You can have a generic sheriff, you can have a generic redneck with a crossbow, you could probably even have a generic little girl zombie... but without resolving the rights issues, could you have a generic African American woman warrior with a sword wearing a hooded cloak leading two armless zombies on leashes?????

• Like 2

You can have a generic sheriff, you can have a generic redneck with a crossbow, you could probably even have a generic little girl zombie... but without resolving the rights issues, could you have a generic African American woman warrior with a sword wearing a hooded cloak leading two armless zombies on leashes?????

wait so she will be in the house?

That's true Doc and I thought that after I posted. she would be the exception as she has very distinct look.

she wont be in the show till next season, and if they are basing the house on the show, she wouldn't show up, or would she? I mean, comic fans knew her and now with the new season everyone will, but basing the house on the first two seasons she wouldn't really need to show up

Haven't past houses been done when the selected property is being released later in October? The house I remember doing this was The Thing (2011). The event opened before The Thing (2011) was released. The third season of the Walking Dead starts in mid October. I think they could potentially have aspects of season three in the house (characters, locations...). That way it sort of acts like a promotion for the upcoming season as well as the show's past.

I do not know if they had any plans to use her or not. But with her appearance at the end of season two and season three episodes airing at the time of the Event, that is what I would have planned if I had to do it.

Also they will miss out on a nifty in-joke if they can't use Shane's #22 necklace.

• Like 2

Haven't past houses been done when the selected property is being released later in October? The house I remember doing this was The Thing (2011). The event opened before The Thing (2011) was released. The third season of the Walking Dead starts in mid October. I think they could potentially have aspects of season three in the house (characters, locations...). That way it sort of acts like a promotion for the upcoming season as well as the show's past.

the way the house ends is at the barn no? that's the last part of the house? if that's the case they wouldn't do anything from season 3, just wondering about it, but maybe we will see her, Well, if what you guys are saying we might not even see any of the characters at all besides the zombies no?

I do not know if they had any plans to use her or not. But with her appearance at the end of season two and season three episodes airing at the time of the Event, that is what I would have planned if I had to do it.

Also they will miss out on a nifty in-joke if they can't use Shane's #22 necklace.

I would love to see Michonne and the two zombie "pets" in the house. That would be such an awesome scareactor combination.

that would be really cool,

How sure are we that we might get a Silent Hill scarezone? I know it is speculation still but,

From the licenses HHN has got there has never been a scarezone and house tied has it? there was no Chucky zone or Saw zone ( I know its different since Silent Hill has a bigger world), but like that would be a first no? I really hope we do, but, I'm not sure what to think,

Well Zobiegeddon and Zombie Gras... Body Collectors and Body Collectors.. but right I don't thik a highly visable IP has been a house and a scare zone.

Now I fully expect a walking dead scarezone outside of disaster. A SH SZ would be easy and would make since. I don't know the limitations of the agreement, but it makes since that if you paid for it.. you can use it.

At HHN17 they did make the big three cover up outside of the house. However, even if it is an issue, it would be easy to make a zombie theme (or a "monster in the fog" theme) and just not directly reference the IPs.

As stated before though a prison feel outside of disaster would be really neat. Maybe a prison court yard with barbed wire, seach light towers, and zombies. Call it zombie Riot, or lock down quarentine... etc.

• Like 1

the way the house ends is at the barn no? that's the last part of the house?

That's the assumption, however construction pictures have shown a hallway and door to the left of the barn that it looks like guests will be moving through as well. I think it's more likely guests will exit that hall into a "field" in front of the barn and then enter the barn itself.

I also think you will exit past the Winnebago and along the wall, similar to the layout of Texas Chainsaw through the sheets.

• Like 1

Well Zobiegeddon and Zombie Gras... Body Collectors and Body Collectors.. but right I don't thik a highly visable IP has been a house and a scare zone.

Now I fully expect a walking dead scarezone outside of disaster. A SH SZ would be easy and would make since. I don't know the limitations of the agreement, but it makes since that if you paid for it.. you can use it.

At HHN17 they did make the big three cover up outside of the house. However, even if it is an issue, it would be easy to make a zombie theme (or a "monster in the fog" theme) and just not directly reference the IPs.

As stated before though a prison feel outside of disaster would be really neat. Maybe a prison court yard with barbed wire, seach light towers, and zombies. Call it zombie Riot, or lock down quarentine... etc.

I would love the Silent hill zone with the projections of the Buildings decaying, that would be pretty awesome, but it would be the first for a n IP to have house and zone,

and if they did Walking Dead as well, it would be 2 in a row this year, which, I would really love to see, but, I dont know how likely that would be

My opinion, I don't think we'll be seeing the vortex tunnel at the Silent Hill house. I think they'll be using projections to simulate the jumping between Fogworld / Otherworld, instead.

Well I hope its projections... we did have a house with the vortex.. .20B was supposed to be the AWIL house.. so not sure what it is now... guess it could be SH. But I would rather the projections :)

They had planned on an IP zone to go with IP houses in 2007, there was to have been a scarezone in Shrek alley I believe that would have been "Freddy vs. Jason" but this was struck down by the limitations NLC placed on use of the characters.

Hollywood has had IP zones to fit with houses in the past and with the homogenization of HHN on both coasts we might see something like this, but this is pure speculation.

• Like 1

I could not be more thrilled with the current announcement but was hoping they would update the website along with it. Anyone think that maybe this house will be a bit bigger than others since we have one less than usual? Just a thought.

I don't think we'll have a problem with copyrights to be honest. We've had the Die-Ins with no problem. If we lose a character, we lose a character. Although it would be neat to see Michonne in the house, they could easily replace her with something else. I do think it's silly, though, that they don't mind Universal having a Walking Dead House but they have an issue with them using the characters...

• Like 1

I don't think we'll have a problem with copyrights to be honest. We've had the Die-Ins with no problem. If we lose a character, we lose a character. Although it would be neat to see Michonne in the house, they could easily replace her with something else. I do think it's silly, though, that they don't mind Universal having a Walking Dead House but they have an issue with them using the characters...

I was thinking maybe it has to do with the actors? but, could that happen? it is really really weird, don't really get it,

Am I the only one beginning to believe we won't be seeing Walking Dead? I mean clearly, Comic Con was the best place to announce something like that and we didn't get a peep.

I dunno. I'm expecting something else at this point.

I wonder if you might be right,