HHN 22 Speculation

you make a good point actually, I completely forgot about the 100th anniversary, i mean, I know there were talks about the monster house, but I forgot,

doesn't sound like an epic year like 2010 was. I mean, Im sure it will be fine, and who knows maybe the scarezone Is based on the monsters, maybe, that would be cool,

It has to be epic. Im hoping universal has something up there sleeve

It has to be epic. Im hoping universal has something up there sleeve

yeah I forgot, Unless... Unless the way to honor the 100 years is with a horror lagoon show, no scarezone or anything but just the lagoon show....

I mean, they wouldn't have to do much and they would cover the anniversary

Perhaps with all this uncertainty and disarray about HHN 22 maybe this is what Universal meant when they said A New Age of Darkness begins. Because we are definitely in the dark right now... :unsure:

:lol: :lol:

*ahem* Trying to change the subject :)

The road between SS44 and the Lagoon is completely blocked off now by the walls surrounding SS44. Do you think it will stay this way?

How with this affect crowd flow and or placement of a possible scare zone in Shrek Alley?

It would definitely impact a "Death Drums" type show as the preformance area from last year is way too cluttered now and the path is blocked.

*ahem* Trying to change the subject :)

The road between SS44 and the Lagoon is completely blocked off now by the walls surrounding SS44. Do you think it will stay this way?

How with this affect crowd flow and or placement of a possible scare zone in Shrek Alley?

It would definitely impact a "Death Drums" type show as the preformance area from last year is way too cluttered now and the path is blocked.

I hope not. There's already enough clutter going on without having that area being blocked. Alot of people walk that way during HHN so I could see that being a problem with Shrek Alley because if it's still blocked come HHN 22 that will be one less way for the crowds to go...

I hope not. There's already enough clutter going on without having that area being blocked. Alot of people walk that way during HHN so I could see that being a problem with Shrek Alley because if it's still blocked come HHN 22 that will be one less way for the crowds to go...

Well to clarify its blocked up to the side walk but that is a very small passage in comparison.

Well to clarify its blocked up to the side walk but that is a very small passage in comparison.

Even with it blocked up to the sidewalk it would still pose a problem for traffic so to speak. A lot of people will most likely just avoid even going that way. I think it will be cleared by the time the event starts anyway because Uni has enough problems to worry about with crowds in the first place and i'm sure they will make the event as convenient as possible for the guests...

That's hard to speculate. If it is going to be expanded out that far then some adjustments are going to have to made to that area for crowd flow. Not just for HHN but during normal park hours as well. I mean it's just one road but it could be one less road and the saying less is more wouldn't really be applicable in this situation...

I'm watching Season 2 of the walking dead right now and it's the episode (for those who have seen it) where we discover what has been going on in the barn, and i'm just thinking of how amazing of a finale the walking dead house could have. I mean, considering that the last scene is the barn and the idea of the barn from the show, it has the possibility of having an awesome finale!

Yup. Gotta have plenty of room for construction.

unless the ride is being expanded out that far and the road is gone forever... I failed when I didn't check to see if the road was still there behind the wall.

It's hard to tell from the pictures I've seen, but the area looks completely torn up. So I'm guessing at least part of it is gone.

I don't think I have ever seen and heard this much negative speculation towards HHN and this years event in my entire 15 years of attending Halloween Horror Nights. I can't wait until the event starts and proves all those wrong... ;)

I just can't even begin to fathom all of the hate on this year AND IT'S JULY. JU-LY.

Also, my sources told me that the icon is going to be the deer head and laughing lamp from Evil Dead II.

Would like to clarify that my post wasn't being negative towards the event, just the "take what you get" attitude. Not trying to start trouble at all, just trying to voice the other point of view. I think it's impossible to be negative about a year that they haven't even announced yet and that nobody has experienced.

And regarding the walls being extended, I imagine that that is just for construction purposes. They would need the lagoon side for a facade/entrance/queue. Definitely does once again complicate crowd flow for HHN.

i don't look at it as being negative its more along the lines of we are paying out the ass for tickets to a special event. We as a whole HHN fans and first timers want what they we paying for not some half done production. That be like paying to see Michael Jackson during his Bad tour and the it only thing on stage was a bar stool and spot light. I think there would be major disappointment from all that went,Yes you got to see Jackson but not in all the grandness that you had heard from others and seen on tv. Same goes for HHN there is a standard and quality set by years past that needs to be kept some how and price should not be a factor.

• Like 1

i don't look at it as being negative its more along the lines of we are paying out the ass for tickets to a special event. We as a whole HHN fans and first timers want what they we paying for not some half done production. That be like paying to see Michael Jackson during his Bad tour and the it only thing on stage was a bar stool and spot light. I think there would be major disappointment from all that went,Yes you got to see Jackson but not in all the grandness that you had heard from others and seen on tv. Same goes for HHN there is a standard and quality set by years past that needs to be kept some how and price should not be a factor.

Well back in 1998 when I first attended Halloween Horror Nights the event was very different from what it is now. There wasn't 8 houses or even 6 scarezones and I was still blown away. I was so hooked from going that year that I haven't missed a year since then. My point is whether it's your 1st time going or your 22nd time going it will never be disappointing. A&D will most likely make up for the lack of houses and or scarezones with bigger facades and effects. Everything will be ok. Trust me... ;)
  • Like 1

I watched The Walking Dead marathon this past weekend but didn't pay too much attention to the commercials. I didn't see anything that mentioned HHN. Does anybody know how Universal will make the official announcement of TWD house?

I was expecting them to. (I watched it as well) But I did not see anything. I even watched the Talking Dead afterwards thinking they may announce it there (Thank God they didn't).

I expect it to happen soon though.

• Like 2

After watching last years tweet up, I was crazy excited for this year when one of the members of A&D said this year is going to be his favorite year ever..... I wonder if this is still the case?

He says that every year. It's called, "Hype."

After watching last years tweet up, I was crazy excited for this year when one of the members of A&D said this year is going to be his favorite year ever..... I wonder if this is still the case?

I saw the same thing and was mega excited about this year. Then all the rumours started and it went to hell. Seeing as I can't believe the A&D guy was referring to what were getting now I can only presume plans have changed drastically since the tweet up last September. My friends and I were convinced that last year was a test for some of the new technology used and that this year we would see those things incorporated in a bigger and better way. Now, I just don't know.