HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Well murdy said the next maze announcement will be tuesday of this week. I'm guessing thst it will be tonight at midnight again since technically tonight at midnight is tuesday. I'm telling you guys I have a feeling that this year may be a big surprise. Or maybe not lol.

Edited by Hhnh86987

@HorrorNights With the mazes covering 3 continents and 4 countries, is that including the House of Horrors overlay?

yes

(This could possibly rule out any use of Europe for any of the other mazes at all. With HOTC's return, clearly in America and The Thing already being set in Antarctica, HOH could honestly just be the third country and we do know, it partly takes place in Europe due to Frankenstein's lab, the Dracula references and etc.. Unless they dismantle all that stuff or cover it up, which is damn near impossible to do if not doing a major overlay which I suspect they're not, we already know what our third continent is. Meaning, all of the other mazes could potentially take place in North America or even the United States as for all I know, HoH could potentially cover two whole countries in it. While I'm not ruling out Hostel, this would THEN mean that with Russia being one country and London being the other for the HOH. So everything after The Thing, HOH and Hostel, all the mazes take place in the United States. HUGE piece of speculation SOLVED... that is if Hostel is announced tonight.)

Let's see here: The Thing is in Antarctica, which is not a country. House of Horrors and Soap Opera will most likely take place in Europe, and Hostel will take place in Russia. HoTC will take place in the US, of course. Three continents, and four counties outside of the US.... shoot, this isn't looking very promising for Scream. That would mean only three counties would be used if Scream was in the mix-unless the Norway territory counted as the fourth country or one of the mazes spanned two countries (Either which is a stretch). I'm really puzzled and nervous at the same time about this since there have been so many hints/teases that Scream would show up this year in our "speculation trail".

Well since Hostel is going to be pretty much given for the upcoming announcement, anybody want to take a stab at what the subtitle could be? I'll try:

-Hostel: Kill for a Price!

-Hostel: Bloody Territory

-Hostel: In Soviet Russia, The Maze Walks Through You.

@HorrorNights is the terror tram route the same every year?

Its been in the same part of the lot but the path has changed a lot since 06

(This is a dodged question but clearly this shows our TT route will be the same this year. No problem by me, considering we're getting a 6th maze and plus I love that route.)

I kinda saw that coming since a new location would be too good to be too good to be true, but oh well. They better make it different than they have for the past six years.

Wow, forgot Antarctica has no countries in it. Okay, let's rethink this...

3 continents:

North America

Europe

Antarctica (The Thing)

4 countries (not outside the US, just 4 countries total is what I've been lead to understand, Freak):

United States (HOTC)

Russia (Hostel)

London (HOH)

United Kingdom... possibly? UK is part of the hint but doesn't necessarily have to take place there... has tombs, forests, basement tape... (Soap Opera)

That leaves 1 mazes left that take place in the US.

*sighs* I don't know... I just don't know.

It's okay, Ghostface... there's always... well actually, your odds of next year don't seem high at this point either... lmfao

In 4 years time, Hatchet has sold 600,000 units. In 2 years time, TrT has sold 250,000. Hatchet had the help of a limited release, broadcast on Starz (one of the major movie channels) AND a sequel (sequels ARE promotion for other movies in the franchise, afterall). So by basic math, if TrT continues it's streak WITHOUT the help of a limited release, WITHOUT being broadcast on a major movie channel and still WITHOUT a sequel to help promote, it will have made the same numbers as Hatchet. So by default, that shows TrT has a much stronger core of fans by doing the numbers it has without all the benefits Hatchet has had. If that doesn't spell it out for ya, buddy, I don't know what else can haha.

Dude the TrT trailer came out when the Dawn Of The Dead remake dvd was released back in 2004! So you mean to tell me with all the hype from 2004 this movie still hasn't sold 250,000 units? You mean to tell me Hatchet sold a steady 150,000 dvds a year? LOL dude it doesn't work that way. Those sale #'s are mostly all surely from the 1st year and 2year of its release! Here's PROOF. Hatchet was released on dvd Dec. 17th 2007.. By Feb. 17 2008 (WHICH IS 3 MONTHS) Hatchet had sold 347,920 total units! LMAO dude just stop saying TrT has a bigger fan base,following,mainstream than Hatchet. Truth is here.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2007/HTCHT-DVD.php

Hatchet sold more in 3 months than TrT sold in its entire run! :-D

Well buddy did I spell it ok for u? lol

Edited by Kush3dOutZOMB13

Will we PLEASE STOP with this Hatchet vs TrT feud its getting us NOWHERE

And Actually to specifically lay things out properly,

The Thing IS Placed in Antartica, but the people are from Norway (big hint)

If you read between the lines and connect the two to the final puzzle, the Answer should become clear.

I shall speak no more and continue on with speculation

... TrT wasn't even filmed back in 2004. The trailer came out with 300 (it's another Zach Snyder film, so maybe that's how you were confused).

And what you said clearly shows that only HALF of Hatchet's units were sold within it's first 3 months. It's taken 4 years for it to double that.

And that doesn't say anything about mainstream or horror fans either about either films. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding (the GP) clearly shows a lack of knowledge when it comes to Hatchet and more to TrT. They're both very obscure anyway and neither have chances this year, so as I said, the point is moot and this is the 2011 speculation thread! We can continue this elsewhere ;)

End of the day, TrT has been requested more. Done, settled and that's all that matters. lol

Dead Silence has been seen by 40 times more people than both of those movies combined and that doesn't stand a chance, even in comparison to TrT, because it's been requested less. END OF DISCUSSION! lol

Edited by DTH316

This has been bothering me: Hostel does not take place in Russia. It takes place in Slovakia. Very different countries!

Eh, I'll be first to admit my Eastern European geography skills aren't that great but thanks for the clarification lmao. If you were to ask me, I would tell you that Czech, Hungary and Poland were all IN Russia. How I came to think this, considering those are countries and not cities and since Russia isn't a continent is beyond me. I guess my mind was just not thinking lmao

But okay... Slovakia...

Will we PLEASE STOP with this Hatchet vs TrT feud its getting us NOWHERE

And Actually to specifically lay things out properly,

The Thing IS Placed in Antartica, but the people are from Norway (big hint)

If you read between the lines and connect the two to the final puzzle, the Answer should become clear.

I shall speak no more and continue on with speculation

That's what I tried saying at first. They're both obscure and they're both irrelevant to this year lol

As for The Thing, we're talking the countries and continents being used. Antarctica has no countries and I don't think ownerships of certain parts of Antartica count in what Murdy is setting up for in the hints. So with that said, there's 5 different countries/domains that the mazes take place in. United States, Slovakia (!!!), Antarctica (Norwegian Territory) and London/United Kingdom (possibly both). Or actually, it would have to be both to satisfy the 4 countries (unless, like I said before, HoH takes place in 2 countries). So what we're looking at is 6 mazes with only 2 of them taking place in the US and with HOTC still being well speculated. *sighs* this is exhausting...

Edited by DTH316

... TrT wasn't even filmed back in 2004. The trailer came out with 300 (it's another Zach Snyder film, so maybe that's how you were confused).

And what you said clearly shows that only HALF of Hatchet's units were sold within it's first 3 months. It's taken 4 years for it to double that.

And that doesn't say anything about mainstream or horror fans either about either films. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding (the GP) clearly shows a lack of knowledge when it comes to Hatchet and more to TrT. They're both very obscure anyway and neither have chances this year, so as I said, the point is moot and this is the 2011 speculation thread! We can continue this elsewhere ;)

Yeah thats right it was 300 and it came out on dvd before Hatchet. How do u know it took 4 years to sell 600,000? How do u know they didn't sell another 300,000 in 2008? The same way you knew TrT was selling at the same rate? Haha I cant let it go! It's like you still think TrT is equal 2 Hatchet in terms of sales and is more "popular" Hatchet selling more it's first 3 months than TrT has in it's entirety and than even doubling those #'s and than not even counting the sequel, doesn't say anything about the fans or mainstream? You even said they broadcasted Hatchet on Starz a mainstream movie channel and TrT is going on a highly unknown fearnet 2 years after its release. Lol I can't let it go until u say it! I think this is speculation because nobody even mentioned Hatchet and was always mentioning TrT. I'm simply stating Hatchet has a bigger following and is more likely than TrT based on that and the Murdy/Green tweets of last year. So if anyone says Trick r Treat someone has to say Hatchet. I'll stop now. Time 2 watch Scream 4!

End of the day, TrT has been requested more. Done, settled and that's all that matters. lol

Dead Silence has been seen by 40 times more people than both of those movies combined and that doesn't stand a chance, even in comparison to TrT, because it's been requested less. END OF DISCUSSION! lol

Oh man right when I was gonna stop you came back with a new one lol! How do u know TrT was requested more? Where do u get ur "facts" FB? The hatchet maze got on the survey somehow! Did I miss the tweet where someone asked if TrT was requested more than Hatchet? Bringing up Dead Silence doesn't change the fact you were wrong about your TrT/Hatchet comparisons. I don;t remember Murdy ever tweeting he was looking into making a Dead Silence maze. Is he a fan? yes. But he's clearly stated no to that. Again I remember Murdy sounding extremely interested in Hatchet to the point where he meets with the maker to discuss it. Has he met to discuss a Dead Silence maze? Again ur math is a lil off... Has Dead Silence been seen by a lil more than twice the people of Hatchet? Yes. 40 times? hmmmm?

Edited by Kush3dOutZOMB13

Kush, I'll let Freakazoid or Grindhouse cover the rest of that for you; a lot of this has been discussed on this board over the last 2 years and they can help fill you in as to what I've been saying since the three of us and a few other members have been on here for the longest and the most obsessively lmao. They will help "prove" my points because I don't think there's anyway that just I can explain it to you lol

I hope you enjoy Scream 4, I loved it. There's quite a few environments in that film that I'd love to see in a Scream maze (the Stab-A-Thon barn, Kirby's house, Olivia's room, the opening kill investigation deleted scene).

7 hours until midnight. :)

Kush, Murdy tweeted that TrT and Evil Dead had made it on his short list based on the requests of the fans. No mention of Hatchet. Dead Silence did in fact become a maze in Orlando. Murdy said he would love to do it, but it wasn't popular enough.

Just like to add Murdy's latest tweet for your analysis. .

"As far as the next maze release goes...you can get a good night sleep tonight (hint hint)."

and a follow up question from DAFT_MONSTER:

@HorrorNights So this means it will be released at midnight !!!!

@DAFT_MONSTER No it means the opposite

Does this mean it gets announced @ midnight tonight? LOL! He said we could get a good night sleep and I was all FUCK... NOES! I'm stupid!

New maze and my D23 ticket came in the mail today!? BEST DAY EVER!

Edited by the ghost

Yeah thats right it was 300 and it came out on dvd before Hatchet. How do u know it took 4 years to sell 600,000? How do u know they didn't sell another 300,000 in 2008? The same way you knew TrT was selling at the same rate? Haha I cant let it go! It's like you still think TrT is equal 2 Hatchet in terms of sales and is more "popular" Hatchet selling more it's first 3 months than TrT has in it's entirety and than even doubling those #'s and than not even counting the sequel, doesn't say anything about the fans or mainstream? You even said they broadcasted Hatchet on Starz a mainstream movie channel and TrT is going on a highly unknown fearnet 2 years after its release. Lol I can't let it go until u say it! I think this is speculation because nobody even mentioned Hatchet and was always mentioning TrT. I'm simply stating Hatchet has a bigger following and is more likely than TrT based on that and the Murdy/Green tweets of last year. So if anyone says Trick r Treat someone has to say Hatchet. I'll stop now. Time 2 watch Scream 4!

Oh man right when I was gonna stop you came back with a new one lol! How do u know TrT was requested more? Where do u get ur "facts" FB? The hatchet maze got on the survey somehow! Did I miss the tweet where someone asked if TrT was requested more than Hatchet? Bringing up Dead Silence doesn't change the fact you were wrong about your TrT/Hatchet comparisons. I don;t remember Murdy ever tweeting he was looking into making a Dead Silence maze. Is he a fan? yes. But he's clearly stated no to that. Again I remember Murdy sounding extremely interested in Hatchet to the point where he meets with the maker to discuss it. Has he met to discuss a Dead Silence maze? Again ur math is a lil off... Has Dead Silence been seen by a lil more than twice the people of Hatchet? Yes. 40 times? hmmmm?

Kush, I'll let Freakazoid or Grindhouse cover the rest of that for you; a lot of this has been discussed on this board over the last 2 years and they can help fill you in as to what I've been saying since the three of us and a few other members have been on here for the longest and the most obsessively lmao. They will help "prove" my points because I don't think there's anyway that just I can explain it to you lol

I hope you enjoy Scream 4, I loved it. There's quite a few environments in that film that I'd love to see in a Scream maze (the Stab-A-Thon barn, Kirby's house, Olivia's room, the opening kill investigation deleted scene).

7 hours until midnight. :)

Kush im sorry but im gonna tell you like DTH is saying, were gonna let Grind and Freak handle this

from here on out NO MORE DISCUSSION ABOUT HATCHET any further post both mods shall delete

this forum is about speculation NOT dicussing the output of one movies fan base to anothers

if theres any problem with this, take it up with me or the mods

now onto discussion

Murdy tweeted a few minutes ago saying this

Horror Nights: As far as the next maze release goes...you can get a good night sleep tonight (hint hint).

then someone named Daft Monster said:

DAFT_MONSTER: So this means it will be released at midnight !!!!

Horror Nights: @DAFT_MONSTER No it means the opposite

@HorrorNights I just thought it would becuz if u released it at midnight we would get a goodnight sleep. Get me ???

looks like it wont be till possibly early tomorrow, unless Murdy says otherwise

oh and btw....called it ;D

Update: DireBrian got it before i was able too :P ahah goodjob!

Edited by StevenForTmrw

Kush im sorry but im gonna tell you like DTH is saying, were gonna let Grind and Freak handle this

from here on out NO MORE DISCUSSION ABOUT HATCHET any further post both mods shall delete

this forum is about speculation NOT dicussing the output of one movies fan base to anothers

if theres any problem with this, take it up with me or the mods

now onto discussion

Murdy tweeted a few minutes ago saying this

Horror Nights: As far as the next maze release goes...you can get a good night sleep tonight (hint hint).

then someone named Daft Monster said:

DAFT_MONSTER: So this means it will be released at midnight !!!!

Horror Nights: @DAFT_MONSTER No it means the opposite

@HorrorNights I just thought it would becuz if u released it at midnight we would get a goodnight sleep. Get me ???

looks like it wont be till possibly early tomorrow, unless Murdy says otherwise

oh and btw....called it ;D

Update: DireBrian got it before i was able too :P ahah goodjob!

haha you as well, quick to the draw.

Which part did you call Steven?

and I'd like to prod you for more input on the correlation between Antarctica and the people from Norway. How would BOTH of these tie into the big picture?

haha you as well, quick to the draw.

Which part did you call Steven?

and I'd like to prod you for more input on the correlation between Antarctica and the people from Norway. How would BOTH of these tie into the big picture?

i called the release date being Tuesday :P

So instead of drawing a map i decided to pinpoint a few key things

7 continents: North America South America Asia Europe Australia and Antarctica

Murdy stated this: 3 continents & 4 countries, he said each has to pertain to A Maze correct?

Did Murdy ever say that TWO of them can affect ONE maze? i think not

Lets put it like this

So we DO know we have:

North America ( HOTC)

Europe (Hostel Territory AND The Thing)

Antarctica ( The Thing)

We ALSO know we have a few COUNTRIES as well

Slovakia ( Hostel Territory)

The THING ( Norway: The Crew was from Norway only SOME of the crew was from North America)

so what does that leave us?

well with speculation at hand we've narrowed it down to a few countries

and YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE US IS A COUNTRY

Just because HOTC is taking place in North America DOES NOT MEAN its the ONLY MOVIE to take place in America

need more I clearly can stress this point out

YES Murdy said that it would be different places per maze, BUT didnt say they COULDNT be from the same country

for that matter Throw Out having Hostel and The Thing if they're in the Same Region of Europe

-end rant

Edited by StevenForTmrw

The latest twitter post stated that we "can get a good night sleep tonight (hint hint)" so I'm thinking the next maze announced might be Nightmare on Elm Street.

Murdy clarified that the hint was that the maze would not be announced at midnight, but some time during the day tomorrow.

First of all, let the whole TrT VS Hatchet discussion end, please. It's getting us absolutely nowhere. Bottom line is that Trick r Treat has a bigger following than Hatchet. Let's look at the box office gross, shall we?

First Hatchet:

Domestic: $175,281 + Foreign: $33,269

Second Hatchet:

Domestic: $52,604

I think it's safe to assume TrT would have done a lot better. Again, do you all really think we need to discuss this further? Nobody wants Hatchet. End of line. I don't think I need to say anything more. That is all.

I'm actually glad the second relese isn't going to be at midnight. I need to get a little extra sleep tonight.

Ok everyone I'm very excited cuz in the next 24 hours we will know maze #2... Does anyone have a clue or idea what broken neck could be? It's making my brain hurt thinking about this...

Just putting my 2cents in I would rather see a TrT maze than a hatchet one...

All I can say is I am very excited this year that were not getting the big 3 or saw.. the newness of this year makes me the most excited!!!

The thread has now been cleaned up. If you would like to have a good, healthy discussion on this thread or any other places on the forum, please feel free to do so in a civilized manner; otherwise, if anybody on here starts an argument or a "virtual fight", please do not provoke the person to do so by teasing him or "feeding" him with insults. Thank you.

And now, back to our discussion. :)