HHN 21: Our Mutual Friend

JDW

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me make something clear - I do not expect everything to tie into "gambling." Rather, I expect them to play off the idea that everyone's FATE leads to DEATH. Gambling will obviously play a role, with a house, zone, hell maybe even a show. But the core idea that will link the houses and zones (based on what I've read and what's been implied to be true) will be that everyone's fate is death, no matter what you do. Almost any HHN concept can be tied rather easily to that, even The Thing (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let that rumor be true!)

This is something I was trying to say not 2-3 weeks ago when the website went up, but most shot me down. I love the fact that we have all come full circle to return to the impressions I received initially.

One stands to lose their body's bounty, If they return to God's Own County

The body's bounty is blood, and Gods Own County can refer to New Zeland, Yorkshire or the American South...

I feel this is a hint to Jaws....

what takes your blood....

Edited by TheEyeOfHorus

could be a vampire or saws and steam clue

I was thinking more along the lines of S&S only time will tell if we get more.. Say one for each Maze? That would would need to happen to be sure.

I hope we don't go the Vampire route. Being that most of the staff is a True Blood fan along with so many others, I fear they just might include a Vamp Maze.

I know this may be farfetched and over thinking, but I did some research on the significance of death in Yorkshire

In 1349 Yorkshire was devastated by the Black Death, which killed about a third of the population

Conditions in the new industrial towns were often appalling. They were dirty, unsanitary and overcrowded. In 1832 and 1848 there were outbreaks of cholera in the towns. However things improved in the late 19th century. Sewers were dug and piped water supplies were created. Public parks and public libraries opened. Standards of housing also improved considerably.

During World War II, Yorkshire was a target for German bombing.

I think it is possible whatever house or whatever this hint is based on, may have one of these significant events as a basis for the story.

I know this may be farfetched and over thinking, but I did some research on the significance of death in Yorkshire

I think it is possible whatever house or whatever this hint is based on, may have one of these significant events as a basis for the story.

Do we know that the hint is to a Maze?

At first I thought vampires. Now the only thing that makes sense to me is S&S.

Horizon Extraction Facility... Extraction being the key.

According to calvary, there were two water tanks and a large gear in the queue. Somone else stated they saw a rusty pipe full of holes... so I think it is sounding good.

Edited by JWFearman

According to calvary, there were two water tanks and a large gear in the queue. Somone else stated they saw a rusty pipe full of holes... so I think it is sounding good.

I was about to post this! lol I think it would be cool to see how the people from S&S "extract" the water they need from people's bodies. Maybe something Body Collectors like maybe? Instead of collecting body parts, its water.

black death? catacombs sequel anyone?

At the risk of being misunderstood again, I recommend paying close attention to this :

So I'm probably way off here, but with the original quote dealing with 3 people to talk to in heaven, and the song dealing with the number three, could it be a hint as to maybe 3 icons coming around this year? 777 adds up to 21, and it's also gambling related? Just something that came to mind when looking at these..

I would LOVE to see how they would extend S&S into a house. The only problem I see though is that S&S was in the NYC section originally, and making its house in the Amity section seems awkward.Both areas have different feels and looks to them, how would they be able to pass Amity off for the same area we saw last year? I'm really hoping its an S&S house, but I'm beginning to think maybe an evil vampiric company that extracts our blood would make just as much sense.

I noticed that your post said "I feel this is a hint to diaster...."

Did you make a typo?

:unsure:

Further discussion changed his mind from Disaster to Jaws...

I'm still thinking Disaster for this clue, however.

And no... I do not think this is a sequel to the Catacombs. That requires ignoring the beginning of the clue.

And the styling of the house. It is all rusted metal, rivets, water tanks and gears apparently. On top of the name "Horizons Extraction Facility"... with the clue I just can't see how it could not be.

So, I'm thinking we over thought the first clue and the people who suggested it meant The Thing were right.

Clue 1 - The Thing and I'm going to speculate that it is in SS23A.

Clue 2 - Saws & Steam in Jaws.

As a side note, I can't remember where a read the rumor, but there was a rumor that we would see a SZ from last year turned into a house.

And the styling of the house. It is all rusted metal, rivets, water tanks and gears apparently. On top of the name "Horizons Extraction Facility"... with the clue I just can't see how it could not be.

Yeah when I went through the queue last week I saw what looked like a saw/gear prop through an opening in the black tarp.

God's Own County is Yorkshire. All those other places in New Zealand and Tennessee are God's Own Country. One letter does make a difference. I did think that as Yorkshire was where they had the shipyards of Hull where the HMS Bounty was built that perhaps this pointed to a clue involving a Mutiny on the High Seas so to speak.

But now that I am reminded of last year's New Yorkshire, and the use of the word return, and most especially as I already knew where - if any chainsaws were to be located, I must agree with the assessment of Rob and others here.

Well, now we know what is to be extracted by the Horizon Extractors!