HHN 21: Our Mutual Friend

JDW

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Tis wise to avoid cemetaries by night, Lest one should encounter the dreaded blue light.

Well there is the novel "Blue Light" written by Walter Mosley.

The novel is pure (if not simple) science fiction.

Synopsis of the novel:

It begins during the 1960s, when flashes of extraterrestrial blue light enter the bodies of several Northern Californians. Those struck by the flashes immediately take on superhuman abilities.

This does tie with some of the code names for the roles (i.e. Francisco). I think this clue points to the Parade Building house.

Does this mean, the the house might be based on Alcatraz with prisoners being possessed with superhuman abilities wreaking havoc because of the "blue light?" Quite Possibly.

I wonder if there is any reason why the word cemeteries is misspelled as "cemetaries"? Our Mutual Friend has always seemed so very careful about such things, that I cannot but think this is deliberate.

I noticed, when I typed it to post on Rumors. Wondered if it was deliberate (and thus did not fix the spelling when I posted), but... I have no clue why it would be.

Hi everyone, long time lurker here, as well as on the Vault. I am going to start speaking up a bit more. Anyway, thought I would throw this out as something that I found. Here is another old cemetery that has reports of blue lights being seen. http://paranormal.about.com/od/earthmysteries/ig/Spooklights--Where-to-Find-Them/Silver-Cliff-Cemetery-Lights.htm

I also find it a bit curious of the wording that Our mutual friend uses when they say cemeteries (cemetaries) BY night, not AT night. It is probably nothing, but one never knows. The devil is in the details

Hi everyone, long time lurker here, as well as on the Vault. I am going to start speaking up a bit more. Anyway, thought I would throw this out as something that I found. Here is another old cemetery that has reports of blue lights being seen. http://paranormal.about.com/od/earthmysteries/ig/Spooklights--Where-to-Find-Them/Silver-Cliff-Cemetery-Lights.htm

I also find it a bit curious of the wording that Our mutual friend uses when they say cemeteries (cemetaries) BY night, not AT night. It is probably nothing, but one never knows. The devil is in the details

I think it might be better to think more of the concept of the blue lights, rather than peg a certain location. Seems to be a common phenomenon at multiple cemeteries. I'm replying to your post as a way of demonstrating that - there's more than one location which reports ghostly lights.

Blue light might pertain to something different entirely, but I'm pretty sure we've at least got the cemetery portion correct. Fairly certain that part is literal.

Hey guys, this is my second post, I'm also a long time reader on HNN as well as on the Vault, blah, blah, blah (you know how it goes).

Anyway, when I saw the new clue I immediately though about one of my favorite book, Stephen King's horror novel/cult classic movie "Pet Sematary" (yes it's spelled SEMATARY).

Now, take a look at the book cover:

10583.jpg

When Lewis (the main character) follows Victor (the ghost) to the Pet Sematary, he sees this creepy blue light, which is meant to represent some kind of barrier between the world of the living and the world of the dead. He's advised many times not to go there, but well, we all know how it ends.

I tried to look for the scene, and the only thing I found was a this fanmade youtube video with some of the movie scenes, (jump to 4:39)

Having said that, does this mean we are going to see a Pet Sematary house/scare zone this year? Or could this be a mere coincidence??

Stephen King has so much good material that had never been exploited in HHN (maybe only IT?), a Pet Sematary house could be awesome.

What do u think?

There was a Swedish death metal/gothic metal band called Cemetary that existed between 1989 and 2005. They had multiple albums, one of them called "Sundown". I'm trying to find if any of the songs on it mention a blue light. Not sure what that will mean if I do, some kind of demented rock group? Hmmmm kinda sounds like last years HOS.

After checking all the lyrics to the previously mentioned Cemetary album "Sundown" i can find no mention of blue lights but i did find something interesting. The whole album strikes me as having a theme of Vampires and being turned with song titles such as Sundown, New Dawn Coming and The Embrace (a term that is used for the turning of a human into a vampire). An example of lyrics from "The Embrace" are as follows:

A slave to my desire

Crimson honey on my lips

Order of the process

Dead red passion trip

A thought then struck me about a possible theme to the house if i'm on the right track about the clue. Universal have been known to follow popular trends when making houses in the past and what is more popular than the Twilight series (to others not to me lol). There seems to be an ever growing tide of Vampire wannabes and the outlook of Vampires as romantic, tortured souls and not as the monsters they were originally portrayed to be.

I then gave a thought to what the blue light might be and after discounting the idea of Dr Whos TARDIS (joke) i thought of a blue neon sign. Like what you might find outside of a bar or club.

What if the theme of the clue is a club/bar that is where Vampire wannabes hang out, where the type of gothic metal music would play but that was run by actual Vampires and not the romantic type. The monstous, savage, evil type that feed off the people that vist their establishment. Kind of a metal version of From Dusk Til Dawn with us, the paying guests as the victims of the house.

I then gave a thought to what the blue light might be and after discounting the idea of Dr Whos TARDIS (joke) i thought of a blue neon sign. Like what you might find outside of a bar or club.

What if the theme of the clue is a club/bar that is where Vampire wannabes hang out, where the type of gothic metal music would play but that was run by actual Vampires and not the romantic type. The monstous, savage, evil type that feed off the people that vist their establishment. Kind of a metal version of From Dusk Til Dawn with us, the paying guests as the victims of the house.

We already had that, correct me if I'm wrong, in 2007. It was called Club Vampyre.

Clue #1

In heaven, the three with whom I would talk? Eoin Colfer, Steve Jobs and Peter Falk.

Clue #2

One stands to lose their body's bounty, If they return to God's Own County

Clue #3

The midnight hour does not deter me, I always count on Floyd and Nurmi.

Clue # 4

'Tis wise to avoid cemetaries by night, Lest one should encounter the dreaded blue light.

Clue #1

In heaven, the three with whom I would talk? Eoin Colfer, Steve Jobs and Peter Falk.

Clue #2

One stands to lose their body's bounty, If they return to God's Own County

Clue #3

The midnight hour does not deter me, I always count on Floyd and Nurmi.

Clue # 4

Two questions -

1) How does "Talk" relate to "Count?"

2) Why are in taking apart words to found "Count?"