HHN XXI Speculation II

I didn't ask anyone to reveal hidden insider information. As has been noted/revealed, the "rumor window" is in full view of any park guest yet this is the first many people are hearing of it, meaning some knew of it and based speculative claims on it, but said nothing of its existence. I don't recall reading about this window in 08 on the Vault (where it apparently held some answers there). I just see no reason to hide something like that (again, something in full public view with a precedent for giving clues) from the general HNN populace.

Just as a follow-up response, since I feel I was just indirectly insulted and called "elitist" for discussing the window...

I live in Nebraska. I have no direct contact with the window. If someone chooses to share the window contents with me, then it is up to that person to share the information with the group if they so choose. They haven't chosen to do so, nor have they given me permission to distribute the picture they took.

I feel like this point has been brought up multiple times so far by Legacy, but I want to reiterate this: those of us who are more "in the know" typically have allegiances with sources. We reveal what we're allowed to or direct conversation as best we can without directly stating what we know. This isn't some sick game we play to feel powerful or "elitist." It's to protect our sources - otherwise we wouldn't continue to receive such information. If I am given permission to share, then I do. I know others on this forum who are "in the know" are the same way.

"Elitist" seems to be the hot button word this year, but please trust that we're not doing this to screw you over. We're trying our best to distribute the information we have without losing our sources.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to insult anyone nor do I need a lecture about protecting one's sources - I've been watching the speculation game for a couple of years now (though much of it was on the Vault), this isn't a new concept to me. What does bother me is that we had something that is in public view that has a precedent for providing clues - and yet it isn't brought up. I'm not sure how noting a window we already knew to provide clues from previous years would be damaging to one's source relations, but if so, then I stand corrected and apologize. Lizz & Legacy, I enjoy reading your posts here and I don't mean to stir discontent or create animosity between us - nor is my ramble chiefly directed at you two - I do just get frustrated sometimes when there are things that seem to be able to revealed - because they're sitting in Hollywood Boulevard - aren't, or are vaguely referred to, leaving the uninitiated in a daze.

Just as a follow-up response, since I feel I was just indirectly insulted and called "elitist" for discussing the window...

I live in Nebraska. I have no direct contact with the window. If someone chooses to share the window contents with me, then it is up to that person to share the information with the group if they so choose. They haven't chosen to do so, nor have they given me permission to distribute the picture they took.

I feel like this point has been brought up multiple times so far by Legacy, but I want to reiterate this: those of us who are more "in the know" typically have allegiances with sources. We reveal what we're allowed to or direct conversation as best we can without directly stating what we know. This isn't some sick game we play to feel powerful or "elitist." It's to protect our sources - otherwise we wouldn't continue to receive such information. If I am given permission to share, then I do. I know others on this forum who are "in the know" are the same way.

"Elitist" seems to be the hot button word this year, but please trust that we're not doing this to screw you over. We're trying our best to distribute the information we have without losing our sources.

Ok let's all calm down a second, were all friends here right?

Fallow I understand where you are coming from on your point and I have felt the same frustrations as you by feeling I don't know what others know from time to time. I've raised similar concerns in the past and got a little paranoid but as I'm sure Legacy will confirm he's explained the situation to me in the past and I accept that. Just hang in there and be patient and I'm sure we'll both get the info we want.

I just want to take a second to say that I understand the position that Lizz, Legacy and JWFearman are in too, not wanting to sink ships with loose lips. I respect that and would not want you to betray a trust or do anything illegal. I've watched and listened to pretty much everything that been posted on here the last few weeks and from comments you start to learn who's opinions to trust. I believe that you are not being elitist but doing what you think is best for everyone involved. Just spare a thought to the little guy though. You know where the info comes from but when others not so informed don't it's easy for them to get a little paranoid.

Finally I'd just like to say that this is a great forum, with good people and a fun place to spend some time. Let's spend that time enjoying the event and getting to know each other not bickering ok? In the words of Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks "Can't we all just get along?" lol.

Since I posted the photo I might as well explain why I did not do so earlier. I myself did not know about the window in 2008. It was recently brought to my attention by someone who has been correct about the event more often than not, especially this year.

Nevertheless, I felt it was a longshot at best. So I started hinting about a possible Chinese New Year scarezone, but that was only based on the window. This is why I tried to stress possible and maybe in the posts about that. I always do that about something I'm not sure about.

For the same reasons I chose not to bring up the window in a public forum as I really wasn't entirely sure it meant anything. Then came the confirmation about the "pirates/ships" which I had originally discounted. This may give more weight to the speculations based on the window.

And today as the window was actually being discussed and Jeramy explained all about it, I figured I'd go ahead and post the photo.

P.S. I did actually post this photo many weeks ago in my Tumblr blog.

Ok let's all calm down a second, were all friends here right?

Fallow I understand where you are coming from on your point and I have felt the same frustrations as you by feeling I don't know what others know from time to time. I've raised similar concerns in the past and got a little paranoid but as I'm sure Legacy will confirm he's explained the situation to me in the past and I accept that. Just hang in there and be patient and I'm sure we'll both get the info we want.

I just want to take a second to say that I understand the position that Lizz, Legacy and JWFearman are in too, not wanting to sink ships with loose lips. I respect that and would not want you to betray a trust or do anything illegal. I've watched and listened to pretty much everything that been posted on here the last few weeks and from comments you start to learn who's opinions to trust. I believe that you are not being elitist but doing what you think is best for everyone involved. Just spare a thought to the little guy though. You know where the info comes from but when others not so informed don't it's easy for them to get a little paranoid.

Finally I'd just like to say that this is a great forum, with good people and a fun place to spend some time. Let's spend that time enjoying the event and getting to know each other not bickering ok? In the words of Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks "Can't we all just get along?" lol.

Agreed. This is why I share what I can, but don't flaunt information that I'm unable to share. It's one thing to withhold information to protect sources... it's another to withhold information just to dangle a carrot in front of someone's nose to seem "in the know." There are definitely both kinds of people in the community, so I understand the frustration.

Just as it's difficult and frustrating to not have all the information, it is also difficult and frustrating to try to share as much as you can and then be lumped together in that secondary "elitist" group.

So that's my final say on this subject, and I will gladly move back into regular speculation. =)

Thank you all for being civil...

Here is something to think about in the way of speculation.

The doors on the website seem very iconic. Much like the mirror in '08 the theater in '09, Warehouse in '10, etc. Universal loves to put us in the Commercial/website. It seems odd, to me, that we would not somehow see those doors and whatever is inside.

The rub here being the entire "New age" deal... but not really seeing as last year we entered the warehouse.

The ONLY thing that even remotely makes me think that we wont see said ICON house is its placement. A sprung tent is a weird place for a ICON.. but so was the Jaws queue.

Thank you all for being civil...

Here is something to think about in the way of speculation.

The doors on the website seem very iconic. Much like the mirror in '08 the theater in '09, Warehouse in '10, etc. Universal loves to put us in the Commercial/website. It seems odd, to me, that we would not somehow see those doors and whatever is inside.

The rub here being the entire "New age" deal... but not really seeing as last year we entered the warehouse.

The ONLY thing that even remotely makes me think that we wont see said ICON house is its placement. A sprung tent is a weird place for a ICON.. but so was the Jaws queue.

The problem with "doors" being used for recognition is that, in houses, all doors that you go through are open. To walk through them, as you stated, you would never actually see those specific doors being closed or opening. If you do see them "open" they would be beside/behind you, and as such would be much hard to see let alone recognize. Looking at the wall paper framing the doors, it's obvious that it's already inside another building, which would make spotting the doors in a house even more difficult. A mirror you could imply walking through. A theater and warehouse are easily recognizable and create an "easy" facade. Doors in a house? Not so much.

At least in a scarezone or at the gates you would have time to look at them.

We have yet to see what type of building the doors are in, and THAT would be the building they would build for the icon house. We're all assuming the house of cards is the "icon" house, but they would have built a steeple on Sprung 2 to match it if that was our signature house.

Everything about the website this year inside something that we have yet to see... We saw the lantern first. We saw the Universal Palace first. We saw the carnival first. The mirror was the only difference, but that was item... not an actual place. The last time we had a website with so much "inside" development, without any view or reference to the "outside" world was 2004.

Good point about the doors. But I still hold that not having an icon is severly Atypical... Especially if we have a character who speaks and does things in the commercial... whenever we finally get to see that.

In '04 we had a more abstract commercial that didn't even have a character. (Other than the guy running from room to room). Every other year since 2000 has been an icon in the commercial (well '01 was a jumbled confusing mess but it did say JACK).

So if they go back to a no icon year, I would not expect them to put a face to the event. At least not one that does more than pose in some photos.

Of course the game has changed at this point so who knows. POE just seemed so far-fetched to me but, I would completely enjoy it anyway being a huge classic literature fan.

Take a look at the horse shoe victim in the new pic on the facebook page, the mark looks raised up and clean. But all around it is dirty and charred looking, as if exposed to smoke and fire. Plus the dudes head is not resting on the table, he might be trying to stay awake.

Guest HHNPicMan

In concern to those who did not know about the window, let me apologize to you for bringing up something that you didn't know, and without explanation. Like many others, I too did not know about the window before 2008. As a matter a fact, I just learned about it this year, back in May. In defense of myself, I was told that no one would put any credence in it and therefore I failed to post about it when I did learn about it.

I only began bringing up the objects in speculation once someone else from this forum and myself talked about it one day in the park. Also, this window is where I first got the idea of bringing up the whole pirate concept. Which, when I first connected it to the mutual friend clues, was shot down big time on multiple web sites for it not being true. Of course, we know now how that turned out.

One final thing, before I move on to speculation of the day, which appears to be the doors on the site. I too feel like I am in a group that is constantly shot down for speculation. Like many others, I don't have direct resources/sources that I talk to. While I do work at Universal during the week, all of my information comes from friends. Which, by the time it gets to me is most likely a 6th, or 7th hand account of what really is happening. So, to those who wish to debate other folks speculation, do so with some justification. If you have sources, then keep that to yourself. Please do not come here and simply tell people that they are wrong if you are not going to back up why they are wrong. If you can't tell why they are wrong, then don't post at all. Simple as that. I for one, would much rather see post flaming each other, than to read someone say something like, "I have sources, but I can't tell you." I did do that earlier when I brought up the little birdie, so for that I apologize again.

Now, onto the doors. So, JW Fearman brought up that Universal tends to put things that become iconic in their commercials and teaser sites. I agree with this. So, how about I attempt to dissect what I see. First, I see plaster peeling off brick walls. Now, I do know a few things about architecture and can say that that design is specific to certain regions. Mainly, in the south. More specifically, the humid and hot regions of the south. The brick provides the structure and strength for the walls, while the stucco prohibits heat from entering the walls. Bricks tend to retain heat. Which is why they use them in pizza ovens and such. The stucco tends to not retain heat, thus whatever is on the inside tends to be much cooler than its outside. So that alone leads me to say that we are somewhere in the south. You know, could we be looking at a gambling parlor on a Louisiana plantation? The doors have slats for ventilation so that also, to me, affirms that we are in some sort of hot climate. Of course, Iwill admitt that the region may have nothing to do with this years event. But, then again, you just never know until Septembe 23!

Also, as an update to the rumor window. The windows has be updated since Dr. Jimmy's photo. I am now home from work, but I will be sure to snap a picture tomorrow as to share it with all here. While most of that main objects have remained, several of the hats have been removed and others have taken its place. There is a cowboy hat behind the pirate costume. You can see a little bit of it in Dr. Jimmy's photo. I will take multiple pictures from multiple angles for all to see.

Until next time, sorry for the long-winded post and happy speculation.

I only began bringing up the objects in speculation once someone else from this forum and myself talked about it one day in the park. Also, this window is where I first got the idea of bringing up the whole pirate concept. Which, when I first connected it to the mutual friend clues, was shot down big time on multiple web sites for it not being true. Of course, we know now how that turned out.

This has been misconstrued. We tried to guide you away from looking at pirates in relation to every hint we were receiving from our mutual friend, because we assumed we'd be getting a clue specific to a pirate house. Which we did some time later (jn theory, at least. Still not 100% it's pirates). As we said then - we weren't shooting down your "pirates" idea. We were simply stating that you were stretching to fit what you wanted into clues that were meant to be house specific.

So, to those who wish to debate other folks speculation, do so with some justification. If you have sources, then keep that to yourself. Please do not come here and simply tell people that they are wrong if you are not going to back up why they are wrong. If you can't tell why they are wrong, then don't post at all. Simple as that. I for one, would much rather see post flaming each other, than to read someone say something like, "I have sources, but I can't tell you." I did do that earlier when I brought up the little birdie, so for that I apologize again.

I'm not sure everyone would agree with you on this point. No one is going to share info and then attribute it directly to their source. As far as I know, everyone who posts hints and information here are secondary sources. Part of speculation is learning who to trust and then following what that person says each year. Dr. Jimmy is a good example of that. People listen when he speaks, because he has proven that his information is correct more often than not. But you'd rather have him not post or guide discussion without a bibliography or justifying every theory?

My point is that - if you don't have sources and you still want information, then you have to be patient and learn who to trust. You don't need to know the source directly if you trust the person who is distributed the information. Yes, there are people who just say: "No. You're wrong." And don't try to guide conversation. Others, like myself, will tell you you're off track but also try to guide you toward the light. My example above with your pirates post should be an indicator of that. We don't always have a way to explain our "why" in a public way, but we're trying our best to do so. Furthermore, the owners and staff of this site have asked us not to remain silent when we know newer members or members not "in the know" are going down a wrong path.

Edited by Lizz

So to bring everything back around to speculation consider this:

For the most part everyone is on the right track for houses. For our mutual friend clues, in the past they have been very straight forward and obvious when the full event is revealed. Relook at some of those especially one regarding a house whose theme is still in question.

Also, consider this, last year we have a brand new icon with no icon house. This year you can expect a face of the event to be represented elsewhere and in the park but where?

And I will leave you with this... A lot of people have been putting a lot of stock into the "New Era of Fear" and missing the fact that it was all just hype for last year. There really is no new era, but new ideas and a new team. We can see and expect new things but don't look for radically new changes. We are still experiancing an event that is being produced with the same venues and budget that hasn't changed for years. With that said, if our creative team was looking to expand and improve and inovate in new ways I bet they want to be able to do it in a way that guests will notice. So where could they change and improve that most guest will be able to see and experiance several times each night?

The helicopter rumor I inadvertently started a while back may have some merit after all according to HHN Rumors.

http://hhnrumors.com/index.php?a=127

The question remains, which soundstage? My guess would be 23A.

Haha - Did you know you were psychic? Apparently you knew about the helicopter before you knew about the helicopter.

I'm leaning toward 23A myself. And I must say, I'm pretty excited about the possibility of an actual helicopter in the Thing house! That's a pretty impressive prop, if it's true!

Another completely unsupported thought; but what does everyone think about a black-and-white house for the WWI house?

Anybody who walked through silver screams in '09 remembers the phantom of the opera room where the lighting made you feel like you were in an old black and white movie.

the only evidence i could gather (and its a stretch) is the WWI game on the site is, unlike every other game, in Sepia (aged film fades to brownish hue).

What if, and a big WHAT IF, the entire house was in black-and-white or in Sepia? thoughts?

Another completely unsupported thought; but what does everyone think about a black-and-white house for the WWI house?

Anybody who walked through silver screams in '09 remembers the phantom of the opera room where the lighting made you feel like you were in an old black and white movie.

the only evidence i could gather (and its a stretch) is the WWI game on the site is, unlike every other game, in Sepia (aged film fades to brownish hue).

What if, and a big WHAT IF, the entire house was in black-and-white or in Sepia? thoughts?

There may be A LOT of white for all of our soundstage houses. It's looking like a very white halloween this year.

I think a house done in black and white or a sepia type color scheme would be cool. It would almost be art in my opinion. I doubt they would do it honestly but it's a good idea.

well they were able to capture it in the Phantom of the Opera room in Silver Screams. I mean, of course it wouldnt be 100%, but the way they light the room and the way they paint the room/design the costumes could make it possible for you to feel like you're at least looking at a Black&White scene.

I think a house done in black and white or a sepia type color scheme would be cool. It would almost be art in my opinion. I doubt they would do it honestly but it's a good idea.

I LOVE "select color" stuff like Sin City and I have a collection of NYC posters with a yellow cab and the background all B&W and stuff like that...

A fake B&W WWI house with everything black and white EXCEPT the blood would be amazing. Black, White, and Red Blood....no other colors. Would love that!

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the site thread, but there are fake "sneak in" pictures on the HHN21 facebook. One is from disaster and one is from Jaws. Really ins't much, but hey, it's something!

Edited by Goo

I really think that its bad for him to trespass in the house and think he is gonna get in super trouble. well anyways these are the pics...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=110988242336732&set=o.126469058232&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=110989339003289&set=o.126469058232&type=1&theater

Edited by gcwolf101

The "how fast can you type an email" contest just happened on the FB wall.

‎"'To wait for luck is the same as waiting for death.’ – Japanese Proverb. Be one of the first 21 people to email HHN21@universalorlando.com with your full mailing address, and then just wait…

And you think you’re just waiting for cards. As fate would have it… there’s more… much more to come to those fortunate enough to be the first 21 each week…"