HHN XXI Speculation II

For anyone wondering, I cleaned up the disagreement. While it was reasonably civil, lets keep this clean fun. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets not sling mud. If you have personal grievance with someone about something said, use PM's if possible or contact someone on the Mod team if that fails. Intent can be lost in the translation and may be a simple misunderstanding. No need to drag it out on the forum.

As we get closer to the event, the challenge is always to keep the information on top where people can find it without having to dig through hundreds of pages of posts. So posts that don't contribute to the forward progress do get removed. (or moved to the appropriate thread). It isn't anything personal were just trying to keep these pages accurate and accesible to everyone. If there is a question regardng this please contact me or another mod.

That said, we now return you to your regularly scheduled speculation... :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is super off topic and sorry about that beforehand but i think its hilarious how busch gardens in williamsburg has a catacombs house like we did last year. it makes me excited to know that hhn is so awesome thatparks not even in florida are trying to compete with hhn or try to be as good as it. idc icon or not ive never been as excited for hhn as i am this year. :D

this is super off topic and sorry about that beforehand but i think its hilarious how busch gardens in williamsburg has a catacombs house like we did last year. it makes me excited to know that hhn is so awesome thatparks not even in florida are trying to compete with hhn or try to be as good as it. idc icon or not ive never been as excited for hhn as i am this year. :D

well actually, Busch in Williamsburg had their Catacombs house before ours in 09 ( read this review if skeptical http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200910/1447/ ).

The Catacombs is located below the stage of the Royal Palace Theater in France. This maze had the best set design of all the mazes in the park, with corridors that really made you feel like you were in the sewers under Paris. Scareactors lurk around every corner, and potentially may pop out of any hole that you might see in the walls.
Edited by Venom

Actually, Busch Gardens Williamsburg had Catacombs in 2009, BEFORE Universal had it last year.

I definitely think that's supposed to be a reference to Dr. Who. We've had a house based off a Buffy episode and last years B&T had Dr. Who in it. So we know the creative minds are Dr. Who fans. I'm on board thinking it's Who as well.

God, I hope so. I know Aiello is a huge Doctor Who geek.

It takes one to know one.

"We see you’ve been begging to learn all about HHN 21. So we’ve decided to reveal ALL of the horrifying details a day earlier – Aug. 31. Only one week left…tick tock…remember, you asked for it…"

I definitely think that's supposed to be a reference to Dr. Who. We've had a house based off a Buffy episode and last years B&T had Dr. Who in it. So we know the creative minds are Dr. Who fans. I'm on board thinking it's Who as well.

I just recently started watching Doctor Who, and I am most definitely looking forward to seeing if the references go any further.

People have now started to get the latest card as a reward for being among the first 21 to respond at the FB page.

292816_238401889529584_138225739547200_594541_4221889_n.jpg

As you can see it has another quote, this time from a "17th Century French Poet".

So that means Hal Geluk was the only one to get a personalized card with a sort of vaguely threatening message... hmmmmmmmm.

All of this talk about scareing gave me pause. When a Scareactor does "get" you let them know that is what you came for. "You really got me" or "That was good" is truly appreciated. We do try to our best to get even the most jaded. Some guests get annoyed when you scare them. Why did they come to this event? I return you to your regularly scheuled forum.

I always like to use you got me good job followed by a thank you. What you guys do is truly appreciated by me. So even before the event I want to say Thank You to all of the scareactors out there.

I always like to use you got me good job followed by a thank you. What you guys do is truly appreciated by me. So even before the event I want to say Thank You to all of the scareactors out there.

Right back at'cha. : ) Sometimes it's hard to communicate, especially in the houses, but a lot of us appreciate you guys just as much as you appreciate us. Entertainment is an interesting industry because each of it's individual components must be of equally consistent and great quality. You can't get away with one part being of lesser value than the total sum. Even though this community is in the minority of people who come every year, scare-actors would be dealing with only the general public if it didn't exist. People would get so sick of the constant abuse they were taking that our numbers would drop like flies. And without enough actors, the experience no longer lives up to its reputation. Same goes for the content. We'd look awfully out of place without ambiance or setting, which gets funded partially by the quantity of general public attendance. It's all a delicate, symbiotic relationship.

People have now started to get the latest card as a reward for being among the first 21 to respond at the FB page.

292816_238401889529584_138225739547200_594541_4221889_n.jpg

As you can see it has another quote, this time from a "17th Century French Poet".

So that means Hal Geluk was the only one to get a personalized card with a sort of vaguely threatening message... hmmmmmmmm.

The '17th Century French Poet' is Jean de La Fontaine. He is famous for, among other things, writing a series of fables.

Dr. Jimmy, with Hal Geluk the only one getting a personalized card that contains a threat, I am wondering if he is going to meet a grisly demise in the near future. That would serve as a warning to all the rest of us and, with this latest card, leave little doubt as to whom is to blame.

I am wondering if he is going to meet a grisly demise in the near future. That would serve as a warning to all the rest of us and, with this latest card, leave little doubt as to whom is to blame.

I agree! Something tells me Hal may very soon meet a sudden end to his luck.

Oh yeah, I use the "Holy S#!+...you got me!" congratulation for the Scareactors. I have to admit, going with a group of 30-something year old guys in a big group we hardly get any scares so we PURPOSELY try to talk and distract ourselves walking through the houses/streets to bring on more scares. Nothing is more frustrating than walking through a house with a group of girls in front of you and behind you getting ALL the scares while you get largely ignored.

Of course, got my HNN Shirt to see if that helps fix my problem this year..... :lol:

Edited by Oysterhead00

Ok, I updated the map with the changes. There is most likely a scarezone where the Rat Lady is based on the street construction going on now. I doubt the park map would say "Rat Lady" on it. Think of it as just a placeholder. ;)

I hate seeing the back of the park so dead. I'm used to it by now but it's still disappointing. I thought the pirates house was actually something based on Columbus instead of pirates? Did I miss something?

It's not Pirates. None of clues point to Pirates, but rather Columbus.

It's not Pirates. None of clues point to Pirates, but rather Columbus.

Thank you, I thought I missed something in the last few hours ;)

When I said the back of the park seems dead look at the map. Look at how the scarezones are laid out. The're all towards the front. Yes there is a house in jaws queue and the Bill and Ted show but other than that it's rather dead back there besides the normal rides and entrances to houses depending on how that is set up.

Well At least now I can stop ignoring the elephant in the room.

Although tonight last year was the full reveal (8-25 at 11:00 PM). If it had happened tonight this faux pas wouldn't have happened.

Since it was postponed.. . rather than get the first look in all her splendor... you get a Bk window cling... oh well still a nice pic.

Thank you, I thought I missed something in the last few hours ;)

When I said the back of the park seems dead look at the map. Look at how the scarezones are laid out. The're all towards the front. Yes there is a house in jaws queue and the Bill and Ted show but other than that it's rather dead back there besides the normal rides and entrances to houses depending on how that is set up.

In a way, its better to not have scarezones there because whenever the Bill and Ted show is over, that area gets FLOODED with people. Having a scarezone there would make it even more difficult to walk through :(