HHN XXI Speculation II

According to the you tube info the sound was a cleaver being sharper and then being brought down on something. Possibly the severed hand on the teaser trailer? I would imagine what is chopped off is the memento lol

Ahh, spot on. The sound LEADS to a momento for you - the chopped off object is our memento, with a cleaver (or some other blade) making the sound.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more like a throwing knife being sharpened then being thrown at one of those rotating wheels where a victim is strapped down upon. This is a sort of attraction that is popular in carnival-esque and Vegas style shows.

well, did reaserch on seneca the younger (full name),he is the man who said the quote on the media invitation...

he died of a suicide which was sort of weird, he cut his veins, his wife did the same but then she decided to have her cuts stiched up, furthermore because of senecas old age it took extremely long for the blood to flow out, he had already tried poison but it did nothing, so he decided to immerse himself in a hot bath to ease blood flow, but he supposedly suffocated to death from the steam rising from it.

also he was a charachter in a play called L'incoronazione di Poppea which is supposedly extremely perverse and malevolent

Edited by sebi321

Sounds like a knife or a tomahawk.

Like I've said in another thread it's a cleaver being sharpened then brought down upon something. Think a butcher cutting through meat on a chopping block. I think the memento is what is cut off like a hand. This info comes from the keywords information page after you play it on you tube. The whooshing sound isn't something being thrown but the sound of the cleaver being brought down probably from head height to table height.

I was thinking, the site and game continuously say "Nobody beats The House." The cards on the game are building a house no doubt, an maybe in this case because of the hand the tag-line and game could mean that nobody beats the house and lives. Just sone thought..

I was thinking, the site and game continuously say "Nobody beats The House." The cards on the game are building a house no doubt, an maybe in this case because of the hand the tag-line and game could mean that nobody beats the house and lives. Just sone thought..

Yea I think we already talked about the tag line awhile back. As soon as I personally saw the tag line I thought it meant nobody beats the house and lives. It's kind of obvious to be honest with you.

Lizz you nailed it.

Take a look at these 1960 - 1969 TV Set Advertising and 1970 - 1979 TV Set Advertising, for comparison.

The posters in the TV game say "New Color TV" "New! Console TVs!" and "Everything you always wanted in a color TV"

HHNGTV.jpg

The Console TVs was the new thing in the 70's .

Now look a this 1971 Admiral "Portable" Console TV poster:

1971-Admiral-21in-BW-TV-Ad.JPG

Is the exact same poster at the right in the TV game.

So, it's early 70's.

I don't know if this is relevant but, on the top of the tv of the poster, there is a 21.

Hi everyone new to the site but have been following spec with interest, regarding the Lady Elizabeth Hawthorne clue i googled a little like everybody else and found a couple of things actress Elizabeth Hawthorne starred in a 1996 universal made movie about the paranormal called the frighteners a possible LT reference also looking at the history of Ghostbusters http://www.ectozone.com/gbny/liz.php Lady Elizabeth Hawthorne also known as Lady Enlightenment is married to the ghostbusters founder Ray Stantz and also has connections with the inquisitors anyway i`m probably rambling on and probably not connected but just thought it was interesting

New post on Uni's FB page:

"Depend on the rabbit’s foot if you will, but remember it didn’t work for the rabbit.” – R.E. Shay

Well, obviously a rabbit's foot is an omen for good Luck. But the rabbit didn't have good Luck to begin with to have it's foot severed.

I think that may go along with our house in Disaster! With the Easter room maybe? A rabbit with three feet and thinks you took it so he is extremely mad at you. Just putting in my thought

I think your probably right. A bloody Easter rabbit missing a limb has the potential to be hilariously terrifying.

"Depend on the rabbit’s foot if you will, but remember it didn’t work for the rabbit.” – R.E. Shay

Just look up and read the "R.E. Shay" or even "Rabbits Foot" wikipedia pages, and you'll see that this "luck" quote has ties to the Cemetary House.

I quote: "The belief in North American folklore may originate in the system of African-American folk magic known as hoodoo. A number of strictures attached to the charm that are now observed mostly in the breach:

First, not any foot from a rabbit will do: it is the left hind foot of a rabbit that is useful as a charm.

Second, not any left hind foot of a rabbit will do; the rabbit must have been shot or otherwise captured in a cemetery.

Third, at least according to some sources, not any left hind foot of a rabbit shot in a cemetery will do: the phase of the moon is also important. Some authorities say that the rabbit must be taken in the full moon, while others hold instead that the rabbit must be taken in the new moon. Some sources say instead that the rabbit must be taken on a Friday, or a rainy Friday, or Friday the 13th. Some sources say that the rabbit should be shot with a silver bullet, while others say that the foot must be cut off while the rabbit is still alive.[1]"

(Also: it might make for a nice chance to sell colorful Fake-Fur Rabbit Foot HHN souvenirs this year as well.)

Edited by ragenx