HHN XXI Auditions

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only chose 1 person in my group.. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. They are very very selective during open auditions due to casting so many people at internals.

I'm curious if they suggested to come back for a later audition? I was told by a friend that they were told if they weren't cast, not to audition again.

Guest HHNPicMan

GREAT NEWS....

I have been cast as a full-time scareactor...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so honored to be joining the veteran scareactors this year at a new era in horror night history.

With that being said, I look forward to learning all I can from veteran scareactors. So, if you have any info that you wouldnt mind sharing, please send it my way!

They told us that we would here what our roles will be next Thursday night at the new HHN-hire orientation.

Second, I must say that I have never been to an HHN audition before, however, the appointment process was awesome. My appointment time was at 4:15. They took me in at 3:45. I found out that I was selected by 4.30. I didnt leave until 6, because of the paperwork. Which is understandable. Whoever came up with the appoinment idea. I hope you recieve a bonus, raise, or something for your good thoughts.

By the way, they told my group 3 times not to come back this year if you were not selected. They said it nicely, but were very serious about not getting another appoinment.

The request to not return is more for paperwork problems; sometimes people who don't get a role are later called in when they lose someone, hence why they keep your application on file. Multiple auditions can result in you getting multiple calls and getting cast for several roles at once, which is a huge headache to figure out.

I think I may have made it! Out of the group I was one of five to get through. They have to go through my conditional re-hire status since I worked at Universal before I went into the military and said I should be getting a call in a week. Crossing my fingers.

I was very nervous, but when I made the panel laugh with my answer it felt like a load was lifted. Whew.

From what I am reading they are either:

A. Loaded from reunion auditions.

B. Being very selective.

©. going to be a year with lighter than normal cast.

To those cast (you were CAST not casted) congratulations, tho those who did not, be patient, I am sure they have some of you penciled in tentatively, just waiting to see who else auditions and if they would better fit the role.

Edited by C_D

Well, didn't get in :( I wasn't too shocked, as the majority of females from my group were cut (I had a 4pm appointment, and was out by 4:30). And as we were told not to go back to another audition, I guess I will just have to cross my fingers if I get a call later on. If not...oh well. I'll just go every night as a guest

Damn, didn't get in :(

I decided, to hell with everything else, and put full availability. I'll make my schedule work with whatever they decide to give me.

I was in the very last group tonight, which was about 50 or so people I think.

Out of us, like 3 or 4 got cast. We all were asked the same question: "What was your favorite Halloween Costume?" I answered a robot costume that i made from cardboard boxes, and I wrote on it "insert candy to activate." I wouldn't leave people's porches until they inserted candy (or money) and then I'd "activate" and walk off.

Now I'm regretting telling them about the cute one, and wondering if I should've told them about the shark-attack victim costume that I made for someone else haha.

Oh well, maybe I'll get a call. I certainly hope so.

Also, Aiello was one of the guys doing casting...I thought he retired from Universal? Or was that just from writing Bill and Ted?

Edited by Cramer

Also, Aiello was one of the guys doing casting...I thought he retired from Universal? Or was that just from writing Bill and Ted?

Just B&T. I like your robot costume story though :P

Congrats to everyone who has been cast thus far :D

And to those who weren't cast, just like Jake said, you still get to go to the event with your friends, hang out, and enjoy the event at your own leisure :)

Yeah, it was worth going there just to meet people. I met someone else with a woot.com shirt for the first time ever...and like 5 other PC gamers. I don't think I've met another "pure" PC gamer in a very very long time. Ahh, I'm such a geek :P.

My only regret is not asking anyone else's name or getting numbers, so many awesome outgoing people there with similar interests. And they enjoyed listening to me blabber about this website and about all I knew of the impending audition.

Thats usually the interesting thing about Auditions. You meet some pretty awesome people and enjoy yourself while you are waiting around it makes the time fly by :P. To those who didnt make the cut, DO NOT lose hope! I didn't make the cut when i auditioned for XX last year and a month later i got a call to fill in a role and it took me by complete surprise! It is possible to get a call regardless of making it that night or not so just wait it out(if you choose to) and if you don't get that call then yes enjoy the event with friends its still a kick ass event :P. Also the people you may have met could be on this site so i recommend getting to know people here since from what i've seen, everyone is nice and fun to talk to here and theres plenty of convo starters on this site to go around :).

I always heard that regardless if there were roles or not, they would work every night they were available.

Even if they had to create a role/spot in a house/SZ for them...

That is correct Tman, In 08 i was firecrew and spent every night except one in creatures, in a "Non Role" that was made for me to fill. It was not a role in the house, I was basically an extra treat in the house.

Not to many "Big guy roles" were open that year, most showed every night.

Guest HHNPicMan

That is correct Tman, In 08 i was firecrew and spent every night except one in creatures, in a "Non Role" that was made for me to fill. It was not a role in the house, I was basically an extra treat in the house.

Not to many "Big guy roles" were open that year, most showed every night.

C_D, I remember creatures. Were you the T-Shirt salesman behind the bar? I remember going in one night and a scareactor asking me if I wanted to buy a t-shirt. It was extremely funny, and scary, all at the same time!

Also, sorry about using the word "casted." I guess I leanred something yesturday! Lets just say that english has never been my strong point.

And, speaking of big guy roles. I am so thankful that they apparently have some big guy roles this year. I am quite large myself. I actually thought that my size would work against me in auditions. However, apparently, it didnt. I am most thankful for that!

C_D, I remember creatures. Were you the T-Shirt salesman behind the bar? I remember going in one night and a scareactor asking me if I wanted to buy a t-shirt. It was extremely funny, and scary, all at the same time!

No I was the one walking around the bar. And i remember the guy your talking about! Shoe!!! He is awesome. Here is a pic of me from creatures!

>

Edited by C_D