HHN XXI Construction

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A glorious two-path house. Ala Frightanic. It would be -fantastic-

One can dream. wink.gif

I wish we would see something like Frightanic again...anything close to a two-path house would be a blast from the past and very well received. (At least by long time attendees like us!)

Nothing new in Sting Alley yet, but they have started putting things out in Hollywood. So far there are seven actor platforms in the street, starting at The Brown Derby and going all the way down to the magic shop across from HMU. Here are some shots from today's construction update:

http://horrornights.be/construction/hhn21/908/index.php

7_001.jpg

ge_002.jpg

cods_004.jpg

You can view all 24 pictures from today here:

http://horrornights.be/construction/hhn21/908/index.php

Great construction update, thanks for taking the pictures! Canyon of Dark Souls seems to be taking shape a bit more differently than i had expected. I was thinking a literal canyon, but it looks like instead the walls are made of large cloaked figures.

It's nice to see construction started in Hollywood also. 7 different platforms for 7 different actors. With them all spread out like that and with a few extra roaming the streets this could be a well balanced zone.

Wow, Canyon looks pretty interesting. I can really see where there might be actors "attached" to the cloaks on the "cliffs". Perhaps they will be up on the scaffolding, behind the wall and manipulate some sort of puppetry for the dark, ominous figures. I do remember someone mentioning stilt walkers in this zone though, so maybe they will have a combination of attached creatures and roaming creatures on stilts.

Also, is that a projector in Nightmaze? If so, I can see them projecting the quantum physics jargon from the site art onto the floor or the walls.

Thanks for the awesome pics!

Also, is that a projector in Nightmaze? If so, I can see them projecting the quantum physics jargon from the site art onto the floor or the walls.

Thanks for the awesome pics!

I've been trying to figure out what type of lighting fixture that is for a week, but it's not a projector. Projectors traditionally don't use lenses that large because those generally create a blurry light beam. I was initially thinking it was a spot-light of some sort, or a rotating beam effect. It could even be a UV cannon (for black lights). The odd thing about it is that it looks to be on an automated mount, which means it could move back and forth at least.

Actually, though, I heard it was removed last night though. We'll see if it's still up today.