HHN XXI Construction

It's been mentioned earlier that the parade floats can be easily moved to an off-site warehouse or an un-used onsite soundstage, so that wouldn't be too much a problem.

That's definitely a possibility. I figured it was kind of unlikely because they've already started construction elsewhere. I suppose there's still time, but why wait with construction in that building when it doesn't interfere with existing queues?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Some Reason when i look at the Facade For One of The Sprung Tent i feel like that is going be a Outside Scare when we Exit the House Cause i Remember Last Year with Hallow Past Jack came out and scare People when U exit the House and Same Thing for ZombieGeddon!!!

they did that with Leave It To Cleaver. That was probably the best scare i've had, with the chainsaw.

It's not much, but there was a truck backed up to Sprung Tent 1 on Saturday that appeared to be delivering a lot of black tubing to the tent. I know that these tents have had a lot of tubing hanging down from the ceiling in past houses so they might just be recollecting the tubing. Or, it might just be used for electrical housing. In either case, it was the only difference that we noted on Saturday.

IMG_1220a-01.jpg

Edited by Voorhees

Nice pics Cavalry. Looks like things in the Disaster! area are moving smoothly. Does anyone have anything interesting from the Jaws queue?

you wont see much from Jaws Queue, its waaaaay to dark and the only other option would be trespassing which you wont get from me. usually when Uni gets busier the line will actually go to the front and someone gets a pic of the facade.

No need to feel dumb im sure your not the first to think it is used for houses, (: thanks.

No, I know I'm not the first but it's not my first rodeo so to speak. I knew that it's always there but I guess I just had a brain fart. This no clue/hint thing is getting to me. I need info. A hint, code name, anything at this point.

No, I know I'm not the first but it's not my first rodeo so to speak. I knew that it's always there but I guess I just had a brain fart. This no clue/hint thing is getting to me. I need info. A hint, code name, anything at this point.

I hear you on that one, its starting to get old really quick . but at least construction seems to be moving along quite nicely, things will surely pick up in the next couple of weeks.

So now we know!

and the rest from today, which is more of Disaster.

http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac179/Cavalry_Const/?action=view&current=fac.jpg

Wow, I guess if Disaster is like that then the rest of the houses at the very least must have the floorplan all layed out at the very least. Construction is definitely happening..we just aren't seeing aaanything.

Wow, I guess if Disaster is like that then the rest of the houses at the very least must have the floorplan all layed out at the very least. Construction is definitely happening..we just aren't seeing aaanything.

Yup. I was at the parks the other day and couldn't see much of anything either. But at least we know something is happening...

Just wondering, are they planning to have open ceiling plans again for the houses? I would love it if they went back to closed ceilings (they did that, I think) because I found the open ceilings quite distracting and they take away from the overall atmosphere; LT house had open ceilings.... In a house....'it just didn't work- I could see the stage lights and everything. I just hope they can consider closing off ceilings where appropriate. Tell me, did this only occur in soundstage houses, or all houses?

Just wondering, are they planning to have open ceiling plans again for the houses? I would love it if they went back to closed ceilings (they did that, I think) because I found the open ceilings quite distracting and they take away from the overall atmosphere; LT house had open ceilings.... In a house....'it just didn't work- I could see the stage lights and everything. I just hope they can consider closing off ceilings where appropriate. Tell me, did this only occur in soundstage houses, or all houses?

I really hope not, but there's no way we will know until we start going through the houses. I was one of the people that was really bugged by the open ceiling houses as well, and most of them last year were like that. It was just more noticeable in the soundstages because the ceilings are so much higher. Unfortunately, we may see this again this year, because there are certain advantages to building houses this way, such as saving money by using the same lights for more than one room.

Removing the ceilings is advantageous because it lets you share lights and speakers for multiple rooms instead of needing to give each room its own dedicated setup. It also saves money on construction materials.

I was at Uni yesterday and there was a flap open in the Disaster queue. I got some pictures of the house and it's basic frame and build, but nothing too special. Should I post?

yes please share! if the flap use open then u did nuttin wrong.

Edited by localHHNfan19

I don't know what the specs and regs are over there at Uni, but the haunt I work for here in San Antonio requires an open roof in the haunt itself for fire sprinklers. Not saying that is the reason why they didn't do closed top ceilings, but it could be a factor. Like maybe they got a different license ect. Anyway, can't wait to see how this years haunt pans out. I'm saving up some money to take some time out of my October to fly out there.