HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

Guest FL Universal Jax

I guess I am having trouble seeing a connection between vague, seemingly-unrelated quotes and concrete details of the event. Were last year's quotes in reference to Fear, or to some other aspect of HHN? I'm not on Facebook (yet), so is there any chance that someone can give me a quick refresher on last year's quotes/revelations?

I love a good mystery as much as anyone. Should these quotes prove to have some bearing on the event, I am excited to lend a hand in deciphering their true meaning!

Thank you for your patience!

Daniel

P.S. Do you have any idea who this person really is? Has anyone been able to figure out if it is really someone from A&D? My curiosity is piqued!

It is hard at first, because truthfully, they could mean just about anything. Different people have different interpretations of the quotes and info that gets released. Last year we read the quotes, and speculated about all kind of crazy stuff. Take FDR's quote, at first, I don't recall anybody saying that an icon named FEAR would lead the event. That example shows that reading the quote and trying to decipher exactly what it means is hard. It's made that way for a reason.

Secondly, last year was the first year in a very long time that info was harder than ever to come by. Reliable info that is. Obviously B&T was not in the Terminator stage! In years past, we kind of knew when info would start being officially released. However, last year, it seems as if they purposely kept info from the public in order to gain momentum in curiosity. Apparently, it worked for them. So basically what I am trying to say is, last year's quotes may have not been the most mind boggling, but that doesn't mean that this year's will be easy. If you ever get to talk with a man named TJ with A&D, he will be the first to tell you that the entire team learns something from us every year.

Every year they are amazed at how we can decipher info from some of the most vague sources around. Therefore, A&D will tell you point blank that they constantly try to figure out how to make things harder. It reality it's a game that is played every year between A&D and us, the fans. If you think about it, that's why we are all here. We want to get info first hand before anybody else can. If tiny puzzles get released a little at a time, we keep coming back for more. If all the info in released in a single day, we would read it, then not come back until the event started.

It's all a way to keep us entertained and focused on the event we call Halloween Horror Nights!

Thank you to Cody, Dr Jimmy and FLUniversalJax. I appreciate you all taking the time to fill me in on last year's details.

In reading the history of Belasco's hints from last year, I guess it is undeniable that he knew what was going on. That being said, most of the quotes from last year were specific references to other media. For example, "over the cuckoo's nest" refers to the famous novel,"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," which deals with the goings-on inside a mental institution. Or "Miss Hanigan," which references the character who runs the orphanage in the classic play "Annie."

The quotes that he has released this year seem much more vague in nature. This may be due to FLUniversalJax' point about the A&D team "upping" the difficulty on us, but could they possibly be false leads? Is there any chance that this Belasco character is throwing out red herrings to keep us off balance?

Again, I apologize for the pessimism, but I am a skeptic through and through. I enjoy the game, but I prefer to know when I am playing it.

Daniel

P.S. It was mentioned that last year was the first year when advanced information became hard to come by. Any idea what happened to cause the information leak to cease? Are there other sources of inside info that can corroborate anything Belasco says?

Thank you to Cody, Dr Jimmy and FLUniversalJax. I appreciate you all taking the time to fill me in on last year's details.

In reading the history of Belasco's hints from last year, I guess it is undeniable that he knew what was going on. That being said, most of the quotes from last year were specific references to other media. For example, "over the cuckoo's nest" refers to the famous novel,"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," which deals with the goings-on inside a mental institution. Or "Miss Hanigan," which references the character who runs the orphanage in the classic play "Annie."

The quotes that he has released this year seem much more vague in nature. This may be due to FLUniversalJax' point about the A&D team "upping" the difficulty on us, but could they possibly be false leads? Is there any chance that this Belasco character is throwing out red herrings to keep us off balance?

Again, I apologize for the pessimism, but I am a skeptic through and through. I enjoy the game, but I prefer to know when I am playing it.

Daniel

P.S. It was mentioned that last year was the first year when advanced information became hard to come by. Any idea what happened to cause the information leak to cease? Are there other sources of inside info that can corroborate anything Belasco says?

It is generally believed that a large fountain of inside information dried up for us when a certain person left the Universal Art & Design team. Although we don't know for certain it had long been suspected that he had been our primary source for leaked information for years earlier.

I will not mention this fellow by name but will here post a photograph of him in disguise accompanied by a lovely lady also incognito, but who nevertheless bears an uncanny resemblance to one Ignatia Himmel, Esq.

75084_454855189507_574434507_5041417_4227328_n.jpg

I apologize, yet again, for my inexperience, but I have no earthly idea who that is.

However, if the gentleman in question is no longer with A&D, then I guess it is safe to assume that he is not Emeric Belasco himself. Is it possible that he still has ties within A&D and has simply assumed a new moniker for his leaks?

Daniel

I apologize, yet again, for my inexperience, but I have no earthly idea who that is.

However, if the gentleman in question is no longer with A&D, then I guess it is safe to assume that he is not Emeric Belasco himself. Is it possible that he still has ties within A&D and has simply assumed a new moniker for his leaks?

Daniel

The gentleman in the lovely Dr. Horrible get-up is J. Michael Roddy, former creative head of Halloween Horror Nights. The event's last decade pretty much spilled from that man's gourd (and the rest of A&D, but he was the "face" for a long time). He was released rather suddenly at the end of '09, and has taken over the reigns of Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens.

Roddy isn't Emeric. The man has too much on his plate to drop random enigmas over an event he no longer has any official ties to.

Roddy isn't Emeric. The man has too much on his plate to drop random enigmas over an event he no longer has any official ties to.

Good point.

It sounds like the consensus is that Emeric Belasco is an entity sanctioned by, if not employed by, the A&D team. So, I guess my skepticism regarding his legitimacy is misplaced.

I pose the question again, though: is it possible that Emeric Belasco (and thus, A&D) are deliberately misleading us, or are this year's "quotes" just harder to decipher?

Daniel

Good point.

It sounds like the consensus is that Emeric Belasco is an entity sanctioned by, if not employed by, the A&D team. So, I guess my skepticism regarding his legitimacy is misplaced.

I pose the question again, though: is it possible that Emeric Belasco (and thus, A&D) are deliberately misleading us, or are this year's "quotes" just harder to decipher?

Daniel

I think the idea that Emeric is "sanctioned" by A&D to reveal the ciphers is looking too deeply at the situation. Universal Hollywood has an official leak who has already posted glimpses of house plans. Busch Gardens has already given an official clue to their theme. If the leaks were official, I think they wouldn't be as vague as they are. The ambiguity is what makes it effective for us both (enough to get an idea, but with no details to get him in trouble) and lets us know that these aren't official clues. Emeric is very likely employed with A&D, but it's also fairly obvious that, if he does, he is working to protect his job while giving us kudos. He's one of the best sources I've seen when it comes to giving information without revealing anything.

Many of us found the quotes from last year mind-numbingly difficult to decipher, and it wasn't until the reveal that it all became obvious. Emeric wouldn't mislead us intentionally because it ruins his credibility. A&D wouldn't spend the effort to lie to us because, frankly, we would figure it out and be highly offended.

It's March, and we are discussing a month long event that is six months away. A&D knows how much respect (and reverence, honestly) we give them for what they do. Every indication says that they respect and appreciate our passion.

Your skepticism is part of the game. I'll admit, when I first started following him I didn't think there was a lot to it (except the Caesar and Hercules references, but only because he had corroborating evidence at that time). And I’m still cautious in saying anything definite is happening. I have my ideas, but I would be the last person to say they are absolute. Enjoy the ride. You joined right at the slowest point.

Daniel

To answer you Daniel I would like to point out that last year's clues were first given in July when the build up to the event was already underway with the new HHN teaser site about to debut, later clues came out after this in August when the LT activity was well underway at Facebook and the full site was about to update.

It is only March and these mysterious quotations cannot be expected to be anything more than very vague and much more difficult to decipher, I would expect more revealing, easier to interpret clues to appear in July.

To Wesley I would at the risk of tooting my own horn *pulls out vuvuzela* state that I did decipher Belasco's clues about FEAR quite early on. In my post dated July 23, 2010 I said:

It should be obvious by now that the guy from Hell House is trying to tell us that FEAR personified will be the new Icon.

That being said I wonder if there might be some clues in the titles of the works quoted by Belaso? Some of them lend to very intriguing possibilities, although others do not.

Discounting the statements that were originally posted on Facebook before and during HHN XX they are as follows:

Under Western Eyes

Following the Equator

I Am Legend

Haunted

Juliette

In Fear

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I'll admit, when I first started following him I didn't think there was a lot to it (except the Caesar and Hercules references, but only because he had corroborating evidence at that time). And I’m still cautious in saying anything definite is happening. I have my ideas, but I would be the last person to say they are absolute. Enjoy the ride. You joined right at the slowest point.

As a matter of fact most of us thought Belasco was just another troll hiding behind the anonymity of a screen name pretending to have inside knowledge about the event. Thus many of his earliest posts were deleted by mods. Only when it became clear that he was giving us accurate information were these posts restored and they can now be found in last year's spec thread.

Reading that old thread is quite amusing as we can see how off we were on much of our speculations. I include myself in that statement. Also one can learn just who really did know something and so we can learn who to pay careful attention to when they post here this year.

Good point.

Daniel

One more thing, I am quite surprised that you don't know about Emeric Belasco when after all, the man was your father....

Guest FL Universal Jax

One more thing, I am quite surprised that you don't know about Emeric Belasco when after all, the man was your father....

Wow Dr. Jimmy, please explain that one. You have me most intrigued right now.

Also, I will recant my earlier statement saying that no one figured out the icon relatively quickly after the clue was released. I do remember your post and I do recognize your quickness to dechipher the clue. I made that statement earlier as a generalization to show that many of the quotes are hard and take alot of conceptualization to be deciphered.

Edited by FL Universal Jax

"Hah hah! Quick work on the nickname, guys! I thought I was being clever when I picked it, but you guys figured it out fast!"

Enough already! I am merely one of the many fanatical, annonymous "fan (aged)boys" who've attended HHN faithfully for over 10 years. I travel world wide raving about the event. I don't live in FL. I stay at Universal Hotels. I drag my reluctant (at least about HHN) family with me (usually with others)... Universal Creative, Emeric Belasco, Daniel Myron, God, the Devil, whoever...

CONSULT WITH DR. JIMMY!

Many, many, many months before the event he keeps me interested by his amazing (albeit, archaic) knowledge. If he's this good reactively, I can only imagine the original ideas he could bring to the event

I am merely one of the many fanatical, annonymous "fan (aged)boys" who've attended HHN faithfully for over 10 years. I travel world wide raving about the event. I don't live in FL. I stay at Universal Hotels. I drag my reluctant (at least about HHN) family with me (usually with others)... Universal Creative, Emeric Belasco, Daniel Myron, God, the Devil, whoever...

CONSULT WITH DR. JIMMY!

Many, many, many months before the event he keeps me interested by his amazing (albeit, archaic) knowledge. If he's this good reactively, I can only imagine the original ideas he could bring to the event

You flatter me tremendously. Thank you for your kind words, I am not an art and design professional but merely a somewhat eccentric professor who enjoys the event.

I have faith that the brilliant creative staff at A&D will come up with wonderful, exciting and scary attractions for us without any input from myself.

Nevertheless I will try to live up to your high expectations of me in continuing to speculate about the event in these forums.

Good point.

Daniel

There was actually some theories last year that A&D were purposely misleading us to try and keep the event a surprise. Even when photos were taken of the Orfanage's swingset outside the entrance people honestly suggested that the props were planted there to throw us off. I had already heard rumors from a good source of my own that it was a Cindy house and even when I dropped hints in the speculation thread people mistakenly assumed that I was dropping hints to an Eddie house.

There's no real benefit to attempting to mislead us, after all. There will always be people who leak information outside of A&D when they learn it and people who sneak into construction zones and take photos. It's essentially impossible to keep the event secret through misdirection.

OMG Jimmy!

That's why I recognized the name!

DanielMyron....gah, there aren't enough face palms!!

Mae

OMG Jimmy!

That's why I recognized the name!

DanielMyron....gah, there aren't enough face palms!!

Mae

Don't feel bad your not the only one. While reading the posts I kept thinking where do I know this name from? Then Dr.Jimmy wrote what he did and I felt like an idiot ha ha. Good catch Dr.Jimmy.

"[Emeric] married two more times and had a son, Daniel Myron Belasco born on November 4, 1903. He mysteriously vanished sometime in the 1920s."

Well he was found later walled up inside the house dead... Perhaps this is a vengeful stab at his father ;)

The leaks have indeed dried up in the last few years... which I am uncertain whether that negatively affects my excitement or not.

Over time I have learned who to trust and I have my favorites. bBut even the best sources have been pulling up nearly dry and Emeric always seems to have the answers... albeit 98% of the time in hindsight.

There's no real benefit to attempting to mislead us, after all. There will always be people who leak information outside of A&D when they learn it and people who sneak into construction zones and take photos. It's essentially impossible to keep the event secret through misdirection.

In a way I agree... but ultimately I think people just get bored and the majority mislead themselves... trying to force clues to fit their own particular wants... which goes back to knowing who to trust and weeding out all the nonsense... Or just not caring until it happens... Which I TRY very hard to do and FAIL fairly miserably at. :)

Edited by JWFearman

I would like to see more of the Legendary Truth come into play as a theme of the event. Like houses based on different haunted locations, cause lemme tell ya, that house last year, the effects, audio, lighting, atmosphere and surrounding really blew me off my feet, that was the best effects and such I have seen in all my years going to HHN.

Edited by HHNFreak2006

back to emeric belasco

just checkin out his facebook page and if this guy is an insider of hhn

then i find this quote interesting

Emeric Belasco

Do the thing you fear, and the death of Fear is certain.

November 1, 2010 at 2:54am

i think this might of been an early hint that FEAR will not be back

or maybe just reading too much into it ha

Guest EmericBelasco

The answers shall come in time, children. The game has not yet begun.

Worry not about my identity. Gaze not into that abyss, as the abyss monitors the web.

back to emeric belasco

Emeric Belasco

Good work Ross. I should probably add this guy to stay updated with all the commotion.

back to emeric belasco

Emeric Belasco

Hmm, many meanings to this perhaps. But more than likely right on the ball Ross. This year we may have to overcome our fears, then again is that not what we have always done?