HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

Yeah, you guys are probably right...although I still think they should just cut alcohol sales for Horror Nights…but I'm probably just bitter, apparently 16 years of age "isn't old enough" to drink a beer. Pssshh. {}___{}

Mmm... not really. Twenty-one is a good drinking age.

I honestly have never seen a single incident where a drunk person is causing trouble.... maybe I'm just lucky.... then again my wife and I are moving so fast to make sure we see everything twice a night we might not have noticed! But I agee that the light up glasses are pretty cool... I usually buy one just to keep the glass.... not much of a drinker at stuff like that...

Be a scareactor for a night. You'll find out real quick just how obnoxious some drunks can be. Granted, it comes with the territory. A scareactor who can't handle the idiot drunks shouldn't be scaring at all.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are supposed to feel "trapped" like if you were in a maze. As if you can't find your way out. At least that is how they are designed to make you feel. Yes they are linear and you can't really get lost, but I guess that's why HHN calls them houses and doesn't really use the word maze.

I dunno, not everyone is able to find the way out. Keep walking into booholes or trying to pass by the facade.....

I would love to he a zombie house based off of Human strain of Cordyceps or possibly Hymenoptera-esque wasp lave that controlls humans. Simply because it is the realest form a zombie there is.

Back story would be scientist studying in a rainforest stumble upon the corpse of a human cordycep. Which would look like a leathery human husk with large fungal shoots proturding from it. Of course people are infected by the virus and they bring them back to the states.

The result is a fungus controlled zombie that seeks to explode near normal humans to spread itself. you could have different phases where the zombie looks relatively human all the way to a full blown fungus zombie exploding on the guest. (which they could spray water)

here is one artists idea of it. But I would think more fungal stocks, maybe make the zombie have a white fuzz.

cordycepsZombieClose.jpg

Edited by JWFearman

some people need a drink.

I AGREE TO DEAL WIT THAT M,ANU DRUNK ASS HOLES,ILL NEED A FEW DRINKS SO I DONT BLOW UP ON THEM.and to be honest i wish fl, would riase the drinking age to 25 cause some people cant handle it.hell if i was drunk as hell i woul;dnt act like an ass i would juist leave the park,so i didnt ruin other guest time there.

Edited by localHHNfan19

The Black Death and killer-plagues are always frightening to me, and they aren’t exactly difficult to craft a story around...so I'd really like for them to make more houses with that basis. Hell, I could see that being as a potential event foundation (although it would work better if it was focused around end-of-the-world events). I think it could work, and it could pull together some brilliant houses. ; D

I would love to he a zombie house based off of Human strain of Cordyceps or possibly Hymenoptera-esque wasp lave that controlls humans. Simply because it is the realest form a zombie there is.

Back story would be scientist studying in a rainforest stumble upon the corpse of a human cordycep. Which would look like a leathery human husk with large fungal shoots proturding from it. Of course people are infected by the virus and they bring them back to the states.

The result is a fungus controlled zombie that seeks to explode near normal humans to spread itself. you could have different phases where the zombie looks relatively human all the way to a full blown fungus zombie exploding on the guest. (which they could spray water)

here is one artists idea of it. But I would think more fungal stocks, maybe make the zombie have a white fuzz.

cordycepsZombieClose.jpg

Wow! That is awesome, and would be truly freaky if Uni could pull off that makeup (which I know they could).

Thanks for sharing

I AGREE TO DEAL WIT THAT M,ANU DRUNK ASS HOLES,ILL NEED A FEW DRINKS SO I DONT BLOW UP ON THEM.and to be honest i wish fl, would riase the drinking age to 25 cause some people cant handle it.hell if i was drunk as hell i woul;dnt act like an ass i would juist leave the park,so i didnt ruin other guest time there.

You sure you weren't drunk when typing that? :P

This is probably old news to most on here but imagine a house based on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBbH15YENE

It could be like the Spawning, with a dash of the Blob, and some of the scareactors could be in the process of being eaten by these "things". It would be cool to have a house where the main antagonist was something like this (and not something that could be identified as a human in a costume).

If Uni could find a way to manipulate a material (like a slime, blob, or some other kind of "organic" substance) to make it appear alive and hungry, that would be insanely cool in my opinion. Almost the same idea as in "Creatures" but without the static, or humanoid looking aliens.

Imagine a room where the walls and ceiling were "alive" and writhing/reaching for you as try to escape; or even a hallway where this "blob" chases your across the floor or comes sliding towards you down the wall; or maybe a windowed hallway where the organism is outside and pushing it's way in through tiny cracks of glass, with the window just on the verge of breaking. The trick would be making it feel close enough to be uncomfortable, but far enough away so that drunkards couldn't touch it.

The final scene could use the inflatable walls. With nowhere left to run, we all accept our fate and are "engulfed" by the creature, only to come out the other side at the exit of the house.

Just a fun thought to pacify us while we patiently wait for a freakin update

Wow! That is awesome, and would be truly freaky if Uni could pull off that makeup (which I know they could).

Thanks for sharing

They could probably do that like they did the Pied Piper in Fractured Tales. It would be cool and creepy all at the same time.

That was my first impression of that post as well. :)

Had to be drunk. As for my wishful thinking I wish we would finally get that dang hoodie. I live in Pa where it's cold so I would like to come home and be able to wear my HHN hoodie instead of having to wait until summer to wear my t-shirt.

It could be like the Spawning, with a dash of the Blob, and some of the scareactors could be in the process of being eaten by these "things". It would be cool to have a house where the main antagonist was something like this (and not something that could be identified as a human in a costume).

If Uni could find a way to manipulate a material (like a slime, blob, or some other kind of "organic" substance) to make it appear alive and hungry, that would be insanely cool in my opinion. Almost the same idea as in "Creatures" but without the static, or humanoid looking aliens.

Imagine a room where the walls and ceiling were "alive" and writhing/reaching for you as try to escape; or even a hallway where this "blob" chases your across the floor or comes sliding towards you down the wall; or maybe a windowed hallway where the organism is outside and pushing it's way in through tiny cracks of glass, with the window just on the verge of breaking. The trick would be making it feel close enough to be uncomfortable, but far enough away so that drunkards couldn't touch it.

The final scene could use the inflatable walls. With nowhere left to run, we all accept our fate and are "engulfed" by the creature, only to come out the other side at the exit of the house.

OMG that is disturbing.

Mae

Yes this would freak me out... some unknown blob trying to eat me...

While watching

It occured to me I would love to see a twisted HHN version of Willy Wonka...

I think this would be pretty sweet :) Hope they try this out some time!

I was thinking about icon what about a haunted attraction owner that uses much more mote realistic props than bucky skeletons and fake machetes. He uses the place to perform grisly murders then hides the bodies in plain sight. But this year he has joined a&d and taken residence at uni.

I think it would be cool nod to many of us haunters that attend

The idea has been occasionally kicked around, especially in terms of a revival of 2004's Ghost Town. I think it could potentially be a very interesting experience, though veterans might find it too similar to what we had 7 years ago.

Then again, if you're complaining that it's too similar to a house that hasn't been seen in 7 years you probably need to adjust your standards.....

My wishful thinking right now isn't much to ask. I know that A&D is the best there is when it comes to making haunt events, and I just hope we get a quality event this year, with 8 houses and 6 scarezones, a nice variety in theming, and a fun build up to September, since that's half the fun!

The idea has been occasionally kicked around, especially in terms of a revival of 2004's Ghost Town. I think it could potentially be a very interesting experience, though veterans might find it too similar to what we had 7 years ago.

Then again, if you're complaining that it's too similar to a house that hasn't been seen in 7 years you probably need to adjust your standards.....

Yeah, I remember Ghost Town. I was a pretty big fan of that one. Maybe then for more of a scarezone than a house, but to actually create a old western zombie hoard. Spare no expense on packing 50 scareactors into one scarezone (half way exaggerating on the number) and set them amidst dilapidated saloons and general stores. Yeah buddy! I'd be more rightly scared than a jack rabbit pounced on by a bobcat, dun diddily!

Yeah, I remember Ghost Town. I was a pretty big fan of that one. Maybe then for more of a scarezone than a house, but to actually create a old western zombie hoard. Spare no expense on packing 50 scareactors into one scarezone (half way exaggerating on the number) and set them amidst dilapidated saloons and general stores. Yeah buddy! I'd be more rightly scared than a jack rabbit pounced on by a bobcat, dun diddily!

I think it would do better as a house; the decorations around the park are kind of "set" as they are, so you can't really make any changes other than adding removable props. When placed in a soundstage, you can make all the buildings and interiors to truly immerse you instead of the whole thing being zombies in flannel.

It's not about standards. It's the fact that I distinctly remember most of every house I've been through (If I do it more than twice, I'll remember almost all of it). I didn't even go through Frightanic and I recognized Ship of Screams as Frightanic-Lite. I am firmly against rehashes, repeats and (unless it coherently continues the story) sequels.

I think it would do better as a house; the decorations around the park are kind of "set" as they are, so you can't really make any changes other than adding removable props. When placed in a soundstage, you can make all the buildings and interiors to truly immerse you instead of the whole thing being zombies in flannel.

Agreed, but I'd have to say the War of the Living Dead scarezone did pretty well for me. And I'm thinking something along those lines, only with flats and facades along one side of the street and moveable props/fixtures throughout. Something to give the illusion of a strip of stores and saloons. You could even make one or two accessible, kind of like the Skool House. But yeah, I would have to agree it would make a better HH.

It's not about standards. It's the fact that I distinctly remember most of every house I've been through (If I do it more than twice, I'll remember almost all of it). I didn't even go through Frightanic and I recognized Ship of Screams as Frightanic-Lite. I am firmly against rehashes, repeats and (unless it coherently continues the story) sequels.

That I'd have to disagree with. The majority of rehashes or sequels I enjoyed quite a bit. Scream House, Psychoscareapy, Scary Tales, People Under The Stairs. I think the key is to not take the concept of an older house and call it something else. (I.e. Frightanic/Ship of Screams)

Edited by JONNYFXM

Agreed, but I'd have to say the War of the Living Dead scarezone did pretty well for me. And I'm thinking something along those lines, only with flats and facades along one side of the street and moveable props/fixtures throughout. Something to give the illusion of a strip of stores and saloons. You could even make one or two accessible, kind of like the Skool House. But yeah, I would have to agree it would make a better HH.

That I'd have to disagree with. The majority of rehashes or sequels I enjoyed quite a bit. Scream House, Psychoscareapy, Scary Tales, People Under The Stairs. I think the key is to not take the concept of an older house and call it something else. (I.e. Frightanic/Ship of Screams)

How many of the originals did you go through before going through the rehash/sequel? If all you know is the return than it's great, but it doesn't do a blasted thing for people who remember the original fondly.

How many of the originals did you go through before going through the rehash/sequel? If all you know is the return than it's great, but it doesn't do a blasted thing for people who remember the original fondly.

All the ones I listed, I went through their originals and sequels (minus People Under The Stairs) and enjoyed them all immensely. I liked the idea of seeing a sequel or a house that I enjoyed in years past. Im not saying they necessarily were better, but I think they at least did them justice, and made for great houses.

Besides, at least it's not an every year sequel, like HoS