HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

Interstellar Terror was one of my favourite houses in '08. They did a good job on that then.

I wasn't a huge fan of this house only because I feel like Uni has the ability to make you feel like you're in SPACE. I just felt like I was walking around a trashy spaceship set. I would want that feeling of being far away from any kind of help what so ever.

I mean, imagine like I said walking through a cockpit and seeing earth and all the stars outside the window while you're being attacked

Edited by JONNYFXM

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason A&D shies away from space themes is because they're so expensive to recreate properly. A lot of what made up IT were practical crates and containers made to look sleek and futuristic. If I recall correctly, they purchased a good bit of Ikea product to be redressed in that house.

I really hated Interstellar terror but, that's because I was expecting some aliens, I thought that was the weakest house that year, well I mean, Yeah sure space doesn't always mean aliens, there are hundreds of movies and things related to space that don't deal with alien creatures but, for HHN, i thought it needed aliens to be scary, and it was not only me, every time I went I never really saw that many scares,

I totally wish they made Interstellar terror again but if they add some monsters or aliens, anything really...

Ok so...they delted this idea and suggested i move it to wishful thinking.......Floating house on the lake???? people pop out of the water as you walk and when you reach the boathouse a suprise scare

I don't think that would happen, due to the difficulty building the house, when it's only going to be torn down after the event, not to mention the liability. But it's definitely a cool concept.

I don't think that would happen, due to the difficulty building the house, when it's only going to be torn down after the event, not to mention the liability. But it's definitely a cool concept.

The unreliableness of the floor would make it a real adventure but of course you would have to put all your possesions in a locker

Ok so...they delted this idea and suggested i move it to wishful thinking.......Floating house on the lake???? people pop out of the water as you walk and when you reach the boathouse a suprise scare

That sounds like a logistical nightmare. It doesn't help that if it was in Jaws they'd need to shut it down for 4 or 5 months.

I would want to see cards too but the design would have to be diffrent from a regular deck and hopefully its not tacky....and the chips should have skulls on them...and i wonder what the media gift will be this year?

Edited by dante

Maybe they'll finally give us Hoodies?

Just kidding, they don't really seem to care about merchandise all that much -__- such a shame. I'd love a hoody!

Oh, they care a HUGE amount about merchandise. Merchandise is always one of the biggest parts of any event or theme park, hence why you always see what seem like ridiculously high prices on them ($13 for a shirt that probably cost a fraction of that to make, for example). I think they don't consider the Florida climate to be cold for a long enough time to justify making hoodies when there's already t-shirts.

Hoodies bein sold at HHN??? nah weathers too hot, i mean tshirts make sense and the fact that they are black is pushing it but still more convinient.. I would like to see statuettes of the Icon/Icons..oh and the continuation of Pins for sure...

Hoodies bein sold at HHN??? nah weathers too hot, i mean tshirts make sense and the fact that they are black is pushing it but still more convinient..

HOS does it and they are even further south. And I cannot help but think about HHN12 and 13's Sweaters....

Edited by JWFearman

HOS does it and they are even further south. And I cannot help but think about HHN12 and 13's Sweaters....

ah so i was mistaken...but in this weather? well what a better way to keep the spirit alive all year long then a sweater that you can wear in any cold climate

Interstellar Terror was one of my favourite houses in '08. They did a good job on that then.

I have seen multiple posts of people wanting IT to return, but I am not sure what more they could do with this house. We've already established that the "artifact' on the ship turned the inhabitants into crazies. You, the guest, were there on a recon mission to see if there was anything that was salvageable and what happened to the crew.

I guess unless you used the same set but added different characters, but you would most likely still have the same layout because it is still the same ship. That is, unless this happened on a different ship with another type of alien/inhabitant. I enjoyed being in the cast, but can't imagine it ever returning.....

I have seen multiple posts of people wanting IT to return, but I am not sure what more they could do with this house. We've already established that the "artifact' on the ship turned the inhabitants into crazies. You, the guest, were there on a recon mission to see if there was anything that was salvageable and what happened to the crew.

I guess unless you used the same set but added different characters, but you would most likely still have the same layout because it is still the same ship. That is, unless this happened on a different ship with another type of alien/inhabitant. I enjoyed being in the cast, but can't imagine it ever returning.....

Did I catch you in my video? The guy that scared the crud out of me at 1:09?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTDZfEK39-Q

I agree though. I thought the house was phenominal in special effects but it was a one off. I just don't see it ever coming back nor does it need to.

Edited by JWFearman

OH ok. In the video it was hard to tell but to me he looked a lot like your sig :)

I also know because the "Doctor" that's up to the right in the middle of the last room was the guy on the other cast. I also did a much different scare than my tag-out did.

Edited by Tman875