HHN 2010: House of 1000 Corpses: 3D

DTH316

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME! EITHER BEST OR SECOND BEST OF THE NIGHT! This maze was amazing, the 3d was done well, the scaractors were on their game. I got tons of scares in here. The first room is awesome and I didnt expect Killer Carl to be there, but he got us damn good. Everything was done very well and the monsters were everywhere. The only thing that seemed a little random for some reason was the ending seemed kind of abrupt. It wasn't bad or anything... we just werent expecting it to end. Also the sets were awesome and the scares are abundant in unexpected places!

This has to be my personal favorite of the night. The 3D effect was effective in how it was given and obscured vision to a point where its not disorienting but still put itself off as amazing. I dunno, I just can't seem to put into words how much I liked this one. The sets, scareactors, use of strobes.. everything was great.

Times Visited: My small collection of 3D glasses is a good enough count, 3.

I agree with HorrorNights, plain and simple: AMAZING! The 3-D is unlike anything I've seen. The sets are detailed, the scareactors are on point, and the facade is epic! Everything in this maze is just like the movie. Baby, Otis, Cpt Spaulding, and Tiny are very good, especially Baby ;) Easily maze of the year.

I hadn't seen the movie yet but after going through this maze i'll check it out definitely.

^ Totally agree, Jesus Christ that had me so paranoid! Easily the scariest thing to have happened to me at the event. Also did anyone else notice the fried chicken smell? It was very clever and fit into the Spalding's atmosphere. Also did Killer Carl scare the hell out of anyone else? We could kind of see Spaulding pop out while we were in line, but Carl got us good. I love that costume as well.

Rating: 6 out of 5 lol

This is the first 3D maze that I have been on that is actually scary. This maze was so terrifying!!! Im not going into detail at all because there is too much to write about lol but here is my overall consensus: Every single Actor was spot on, 3D was seriously amazing, scenes were detailed, fried chicken smell good lol, and final scares made me scream like a bitch hahaha

Overall , this has been the scariest maze ever made! It actually beat Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze!!! Oh got on it 3 times, passing the 80 minute lines with the FOL pass felt amazing X) hahaa

Of all the rediculous hype John Murdy tweeted about HHN, he got one thing absolutely spot on "...I think we may have created a 3D maze that's actually scary".

This maze was easily the best 3D house - ever. And it rivals anything that Orlando has put on in the past 4 years. This is not your typical 3D house with black walls painted with colored paint. Far from it. None of the actors, in fact, are even wearing costumes that are affected by the glasses.

The 3D effect makes thinks a little trippy and...well...Rob Zombie-ish. Great job, Universal! I guess my only gripe is that I wanted Dr. Satan to be a little larger. The character(s) were so diminutive, that he was a bit of a let down.

Overall, an A++ maze.

Now, John Murdy, pop quiz: Universal has created a kick-ass maze for 2010. I bet just about every event-goer will find HOTC to be their favorite. So, what do you do for 2011?

a ) Bring back HOTC for 2011. Hell, bring it back for the next 3 years!

b ) Ditch HOTC next year and bring back Freddy until at least 2015 (but remember to rename the scarezones again)

c ) Ditch everything from 2010 (as good or bad as it was) and make 2011 all-new. Clean slate!

Crossing my fingers that pull your head out of your ass and choose c.

Edited by zombieman

This maze was good! Number 3 out of the 5 mazes at HHN. The 3D was effective and the scenes/costumes were spot on. I think crowd control just ruined it for me a little though. We were literally just standing in the maze before you enter the house in the maze for like 5 mins. GEEZ, but other than that there really are no complaints. Dr. Satans layer was really good and had some great scares too!

Now, John Murdy, pop quiz: Universal has created a kick-ass maze for 2010. I bet just about every event-goer will find HOTC to be their favorite. So, what do you do for 2011?

b ) Ditch HOTC next year and bring back Freddy until at least 2015 (but remember to rename the scarezones again)

c ) Ditch everything from 2010 (as good or bad as it was) and make 2011 all-new. Clean slate!

Murdy said he may never do it again so I hope dearly we get an all-new year next year!

I couldnt put it better myself Zman

so do we get Glasses for this maze? are they cool keepsakes? Do we have to pay for them?

I couldnt put it better myself Zman

so do we get Glasses for this maze? are they cool keepsakes? Do we have to pay for them?

Yeah, we get glasses for the maze and their free. You can keep them but the also have a trash can at the end if you want to throw them away. Nothing really special about them, just black and red with Halloween horror nights written on them.

I can see I'm not the only one that completely loved this maze. I waited and hour for this SOB and was totally worth all 60 minutes. And as I stated before, easily maze of the year.

Btw loved Otis screaming "run, rabbit run!" and Baby being the sick freak she is in the movie. A+! 5 Stars! Wtvr.

Edited by electro_killer

Hey there everyone!

Ok. So I did this a little backwards. I went through the House of 1000 Corpses maze first, and watched the movie for the first time later that night, after I got home. I've just been really busy. I'm sure I'll appreciate the maze much more now that I've seen the movie (which was far better than Zombie's Halloween travesties).

As for the maze, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great facade and looks perfect, like it's right from the movie. I didn't notice the fried chicken smell so I'll be on the lookout (or smell-out?) next time. A good variety of environments, characters, effects, and scares. Also- I think this won the gore prize for the night.

Now, it sounds like I'm going to be alone in this: I did not care for the 3D at all. I don't think it added anything to the experience and just ended up giving me a headache. The only things that seems to react to the 3D was the blacklight paints, and that seems consistent with every other "3D" house I've ever done. I came out a little dizzy and rubbing my eyes. I think I'm going to try it next week without the glasses. Again, you all seemed to impressed with the 3D. Not I.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the maze, because I did. It was still a lot of fun with great theming and scares. And it gets extra points from me for being completely new and original (hint, hint).

4/5

Edited by Creeper06

OK time to begin my review of HHN 2010. I shall begin at the fist maze of the night, Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Copses in Zombievision 3D. As soon as the park opened I headed straight to this one, being both my most anticipated maze and the one I figured would garner the most traffic later in the night. The facade was excellent and I appreciated that the glasses were free. I'm just going to come out and say that I thought this maze was easily the best of the night. I thought the 3D worked pretty well for the most part, the most notable being in the transitional rooms. While I don't think the maze was vastly improved by it, I enjoyed it. It also did a pretty good job of disorienting me for some of it, although I suspect the average guest might not be ok with that.

I did this maze 3 times and it was a great experience every time. I'm a big fan of The Devil's Rejects and enjoy Corpses well enough, so I was looking for the accuracy of the characters as well as the environments. The environments were extremely detailed, especially for a 3D maze and all recreated the main scenes of the movie with very little to complain about. They even had a small black and white TV playing Dr. Wolfenstein and all the dolls nailed up around the door of the Firefly house. The scareactors were all pretty good. Every time I went through the Spaulding's were mute which was disappointing. Tiny was cool, although me being a nerd noticed he wasn't quite that tall in the movie. The fist Otis seemed a little lacking but I'm sure he will get more used to his role by the end of the run. Both of the Baby's were serviceable and replicated Sheri Moon's laugh well enough. The Murder Ride Dr. Satan was cool as was the one at the end of the ride, although the Silent Hill-like monster on the opposite side of the room went unnoticed by most everyone on both walkthroughs. The ritual Otis said his "I am the Devil" monologue from The Devil's Rejects causing me to geek out so that was cool. The Ravelli costumes were impressive and trippy to have pop out at you.

And finally, I really really liked the Dr. Satan's lair part of the maze. The cavern segment was very claustrophobic and I actually got scared at this segment, the only time I can say I was scared all night, but this may be more of a personal fear. Overall, not only is House of 1000 Corpses the most detailed, scariest 3D maze I have ever been through, it might be the best maze I have ever been through, period. If you are a fan of Rob Zombie or of maze in general, this one shouldn't disappoint and it should get better from here in terms of performances. Don't miss this one.

A

Edited by 00nightcrawler