HHN 2010: House of 1000 Corpses: 3D

DTH316

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this again last night, this time without wearing the 3D glasses (they gave me a headache the first time). I liked it a lot better actually, and it's still just as effective.

And, as many others have noted, the highlight is the corpse hallways with scareactors on both sides! Wow!!! That is intense.

Love This Maze it didnt let down I like the 3D effect it felt like an Acid Trip it was crazy something youd expect from Rob zombie, The Fried Chicken smell kinda made me sick though, The spaulding masks were amazing in person, the guy who was Tiny was freaking Fast it was mind blowing, the Baby firefly in the first room with her realy wasnt doing much so it felt awkward being there, but the one in the room with Otis was realy good she scared me like 3 times, BTW wasnt their supposed to be a Dr. Satan trowds the end? I didnt see anyone but then again we went trough it around closing

so A- best maze of the night

Edited by Grindhousehero13

I did this maze twice last night, second time with a group of scareactors (they were on break before the brigade) and enjoyed both times immensely!

Except one of the bodybags hurt my eye. Ouch. :( Pointy things, they are. :lol:

I don't understand the appeal of this maze. Sure it's a great maze but I just don't think it's nearly as amazing as the other ones. I even watched some youtube videos back to make sure I wasn't missing something and they all pretty much showed the same exact things I saw. There are only about 5 good scares in the maze. The entire beginning 1/3 of it is scareless during the Murder Ride. The Firefly house is way too short. So why is it the Murder Ride and Dr. Satan's Lair, both sequences only consisting of about 3 minutes each in the movie, are the longest portions of the maze? I found it a really disappointing recreation of the movie on many levels. Sure, Friday the 13th didn't feature much of the house but at least it had extreme scares.

The thing about this maze is that it doesn't have that "dread" feel until the last 1/3 of the maze. At no point did I feel like I was scared to enter a room. And the sets, to be honest, weren't all that amazing to me compared to NOES or F13 or even the returning Saw. This honestly felt like a REALLY good Knotts maze. I don't wanna change any minds or anything but this was easily the most disappointing maze and definitely nowhere near the top quality that HHN has been prone to since it's return. It ranks near the very bottom of the list for me. And that's not even mentioning the 3D. There was no 3D. It was just glasses blurring things that made colors mesh together, which is exactly what they do when you're not wearing them, let's say, like I am right now. It looks like the same exact thing. I think someone should experiment and just put on those glasses in Saw or something and I think they'll have a similar experience. Although, the facade did have some 3D in it but that really is it.

I think everyone was just happy that it was something new but I have to be honest and true to myself and say this maze was close to a dud and that I found F13 and NOES (and yes, even Saw) to be much more enjoyable, more detailed, and way more scary in every way possible.

Edited by DTH316

I don't understand the appeal of this maze. Sure it's a great maze but I just don't think it's nearly as amazing as the other ones. I even watched some youtube videos back to make sure I wasn't missing something and they all pretty much showed the same exact things I saw. There are only about 5 good scares in the maze. The entire beginning 1/3 of it is scareless during the Murder Ride. The Firefly house is way too short. So why is it the Murder Ride and Dr. Satan's Lair, both sequences only consisting of about 3 minutes each in the movie, are the longest portions of the maze? I found it a really disappointing recreation of the movie on many levels. Sure, Friday the 13th didn't feature much of the house but at least it had extreme scares.

The thing about this maze is that it doesn't have that "dread" feel until the last 1/3 of the maze. At no point did I feel like I was scared to enter a room. And the sets, to be honest, weren't all that amazing to me compared to NOES or F13 or even the returning Saw. This honestly felt like a REALLY good Knotts maze. I don't wanna change any minds or anything but this was easily the most disappointing maze and definitely nowhere near the top quality that HHN has been prone to since it's return. It ranks near the very bottom of the list for me. And that's not even mentioning the 3D. There was no 3D. It was just glasses blurring things that made colors mesh together, which is exactly what they do when you're not wearing them, let's say, like I am right now. It looks like the same exact thing. I think someone should experiment and just put on those glasses in Saw or something and I think they'll have a similar experience. Although, the facade did have some 3D in it but that really is it.

I think everyone was just happy that it was something new but I have to be honest and true to myself and say this maze was close to a dud and that I found F13 and NOES (and yes, even Saw) to be much more enjoyable, more detailed, and way more scary in every way possible.

I don't think you're way off here. HOTC is #3 for me this year, after NOES and F13. I still think it's well done but the 3D adds NOTHING for me and, with the exception of the corpse hallways, the scares are less frequent than the other two. I still like it better than Saw because the sets are still more impressive IMO. But I think you hit the nail on the head when you say "everyone was just happy that it was something new". Exactly.

Well what can we say, different things are scary to different people. I personally found the maze terrifying, even the third time around. I agree that the 3-D wasnt necessary, and it did give me a small headache at first, But I think it was a nice touch. I'm a fan of the movie, and thought the sets were amazing. But I'd still rather NOT have it return next year.

I actually watched the movie again two days before I went to HHN, just to get reaquainted with all the properties (as I did with F13 and Saw; NOES is too shitty to wanna revisit for now). And I actually loved HOTC a lot more than I used to. Before, I was just a fan and dug the movie but this time around, something about it just made me love it more. So I was disappointed with the maze and that comes from a fan of the film and I think that mostly goes to the maze being 2/3 of sequences that total 6 minutes of the movie. What about the other 82 minutes?! Bunnies hanging, Otis face rip and Baby scalping and that's it for the house? The HOUSE of 1000 Corpses? Boo. Just boo.

And as I said before, the Murder Ride was scareless. The house is too short. But Dr. Satan's lair was the best part because it was the only part that actually felt scary. Once again, just my opinion :)

EASILY ONE OF THE BEST FOR ME.

i thought the 3d was really affective as it really disoriented me which made me let my guard down as going through the maze. the scarecrows scared the crap out of me the first time going through because there was only one in there and he was hanging on the house, so while i was looking at the ones set up i didnt notice the one on the house and he swung around and got me GOOD. Ravelli got me extrememely good at the beginning because spaulding was just standing at the counter staring at me so i was staring back at him and out of nowhere here comes Ravelli running out of from behind the other counter! i liked how there was scareactors coming out from both sides in the underground tunnels just like everyone else did but i do agree when the maze ended it did not feel like it should have been over. I LOVED the detail in the maze however. the maze was just so trippy and amazing, and also HOTC being one of my favorite horror movies was a deffinite plus.

Overall Rating 10/10

Times Visited: 2