HHN 2010: House of 1000 Corpses: 3D

DTH316

This thread is for anticipatory purposes of the maze House of 1000 Corpses: 3D (subtitle to change later, I'm sure).

All anticipation, speculation, discussion, artwork & construction photos shall go here, plus any other talking you'd like to do about the maze, which I guess would be... commenting.

Please, NO REVIEWS.

For now, here is the official press release --

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/08/03/rob-zombies-movie-monsters-terrorize-theme-park-this-halloween/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NoiseCreep+

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tyhedrick Been talking to Rob about this for the last four years. Glad we can finally work together.

Well with that talk Murdy, you sure are making me expect a whole lot, haha

Other news --

@XHHN16X Yes..that's the new location.

I guess Curious George better move out NOW haha

Wow I was really expecting this maze to be on the lower lot.

I really didnt see this coming, I mean I sort of suspected it because RZ is a judge for the film contest this year, and I believe Murdy is following him on Twitter; But yeah I'm still shocked.

AND it will be our first 3-D maze. (or at least our first since our come back) And if they arent using black lights, what are they going to do to make it looke 3-D.

Btw am I the only one who finds calling a maze "3-D" an oxymoron? I mean it has live actors, and we're walking thru it, so it pretty much is 3-D seeing as how its real life.

Which I am happy about. I want the lower lot maze to be something a bit extra special.

With this being the new location, I guess we can expect this to be the BIGGEST maze.

I wonder what type of 3D glasses they'll be using. Maybe just grab the ones at Shrek 4D? haha, although I'm sure it's a different 3D system.

This means our original maze could very well be the lower lot or WWW. However, I'd like it to be the Shrek venue.

Kinda like a reprise of where the Asylum was.

But enough about that -

I can't wait for some artwork for this.

I'm somewhat of a big fan for HOTC, not so much Devil's Rejects and the other Halloween's.

But this is by far Zombie's most creative and mind bending movie. The visuals are absolutely terrifying.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was like having a nightmare. (only this movie and the original TCM have been able to do)

Hopefully the maze is somewhat of the same effect.

Oh... let's hope the Baby Firefly's they get are smooooooookin!!!

Btw am I the only one who finds calling a maze "3-D" an oxymoron? I mean it has live actors, and we're walking thru it, so it pretty much is 3-D seeing as how its real life.

yeah I get ya it already in 3D LMAO

Im with you DTH I love HOTC and hate Devils Rejects with a passion so I hope they keep to it, I dont think this will be the biggest maze since its not the main maze but I bet it'll be Amazing!

and yeah I tweeted Mudry about Baby Butterfly lol

Wow I was really expecting this maze to be on the lower lot.

I really didnt see this coming, I mean I sort of suspected it because RZ is a judge for the film contest this year, and I believe Murdy is following him on Twitter; But yeah I'm still shocked.

AND it will be our first 3-D maze. (or at least our first since our come back) And if they arent using black lights, what are they going to do to make it looke 3-D.

Yeah, it's a bit stupid, lol, especially since Universal prides them selves as this is the event for "walking in the movies."

So I'm imagining we're watching a 3D movie, we climb in the screen and there's still 3D? A bit weird, haha

But this will be a good project and I think this film is a good movie to experiment on since there's not too many die hard fans of it to piss off if it sucks.

I'm going to try it once without 3D, just to see if it makes a difference.

Hopefully they don't charge for the glasses like Knotts does, even though it's a dollar, I'd rather not spend any more than I would have!

Grindhouse, it's Firefly, not Butterfly, lol, I just don't want you walking in and saying "hi Butterfly" and her lookin at you like whaaaaaaa? lol

Agent of Chaos, you're right. This should be definitely something to hit up early. Maybe even before the Terror Tram.

Grindhouse, it's Firefly, not Butterfly, lol, I just don't want you walking in and saying "hi Butterfly" and her lookin at you like whaaaaaaa? lol

Agent of Chaos, you're right. This should be definitely something to hit up early. Maybe even before the Terror Tram.

WTF? I swore i wrote Firefly God Im Keyboard retard lmao

Since it it will be in cuirious George .. The lower lot is still open!!

He just tweeted that it wont be in the Curious George area.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the lower lot, that area typically has some kind of redneck/hellbilly type theme going on there.

Alright, here's kind of my thoughts on this from my blog:

Alright, I'm gonna put it out there. I'm not all that jazzed about a maze based around a movie that's only redeeming quality was that it featured Zombie's hot ass wife. However, as I said in a Manifesto oh so long ago, I really don't need to be surrounded by characters I love or even know to be terrified by them. If the design and quality of the maze is good, then that's all that matters.

It's interesting that HHN tends to be a reflection of what's popular among horror fans and movie goers these days, so it really should have come as no surprise that the use of 3D technology would come into play this year. With more and more movies (especially those of the horror genre) falling prey to the 3D virus that seems to be sweeping the industry, it would be inevitable that a park already famous for utilizing 3D effects in it's attractions would apply it to it's Halloween event. It's not the first time that a park has attempted to make a 3D maze though. Various uses of it at events like Knotts Scary Farm seem to have been effective, but rather limited in it's use, restricted mostly to having colors pop off the mazes. So given that Universal has had such a innovative relationship with 3D in their other attractions, I'm hoping they'll manage to bring some of that into their maze and provide an experience yet to be seen in any other theme park.

Edited by Halloween Blues

So would it then be T2?

Would make sense since there's 3D glasses there, they would be easier to distribute.

Although the House would look odd being inside of a futuristic setting, haha

Nice blog, Halloween Blues!

EDIT: Just read, HOTC is located in/near T2.

Edited by DTH316

Does anyone else get the feeling that House of 1000 Corpses lacks the certain punch the other mazes had before?

Before, all the mazes they announced got me uber excited.

I mean, it's hard to match up the New Line 3, but even when Saw, Halloween (duh) and even MBV were announced I was like YESSSS.

I even got more excited for Chucky's Funhouse.

I don't know, something about this just doesn't have that OOOOH factor.

Although, I still am excited to see how it'll turn out, I'm just not completely stoked about the event yet.

In my opinion, poor choice for a first maze announcement because now I'm expecting the second maze announcement to be amazing.

But none the less, VERY glad we finally know how our event is turning out! :)

Does anyone else get the feeling that House of 1000 Corpses lacks the certain punch the other mazes had before?

Before, all the mazes they announced got me uber excited.

I mean, it's hard to match up the New Line 3, but even when Saw, Halloween (duh) and even MBV were announced I was like YESSSS.

I even got more excited for Chucky's Funhouse.

I don't know, something about this just doesn't have that OOOOH factor.

Although, I still am excited to see how it'll turn out, I'm just not completely stoked about the event yet.

In my opinion, poor choice for a first maze announcement because now I'm expecting the second maze announcement to be amazing.

But none the less, VERY glad we finally know how our event is turning out! :)

im thinking because of the fact its bot the theme

Anyone think of things like scenery being the "3D" parts?

In a way, a holographic film on a wall in the place of a window can create the illusion of depth, same for any possible hallways. If the lighting is right, and the optical effects are suitably lit, combining with 3D glasses.. it can make the film seem as if it's real. Sort of like the Endless Hallway illusion of the Haunted Mansion, only without the scrim and mirror.

I seem to remember there being long hallways in what little I've seen of HOTC, perhaps this can be recreated with such limited space this way. Open doors with scenery inside of it? Windows?