HHN 2010: House of 1000 Corpses: 3D

DTH316

I'm willing to bet that the facade for the maze will be the entrance for Dr. Satan's Murder Ride and not just the house.

As for the location, here's where I think it'll go. You'll have to copy and paste on to you your URL. It would indeed be the largest maze location and people could still evacuate T2 if they had to towards Coke Soak.

file:///Users/raleighhooper/Desktop/Snapshot%202010-08-07%2010-36-28.tiff

Captain Spaulding's Murder Ride just to clear things up lol :lol:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet that the facade for the maze will be the entrance for Dr. Satan's Murder Ride and not just the house.

As for the location, here's where I think it'll go. You'll have to copy and paste on to you your URL. It would indeed be the largest maze location and people could still evacuate T2 if they had to towards Coke Soak.

file:///Users/raleighhooper/Desktop/Snapshot%202010-08-07%2010-36-28.tiff

i was thinking the facade would be the entrance to Spauldings ride also just cause thats how the maze is supposed to start lol(:

oh and i went out and rented HOTC so i can finally watch it all the way through lol (:

Well, shit the bed! Fried Chicken for the win! Maybe a few 'Captain Spaulding for President' T-shirts for good measure.

The entrance facade being The Museum of Madmen and Monsters would be amazing. I'm guessing we'd travel through Otis' Cheerleader Pen when we hit the Firefly Home. I'm trying to think of other notable scenes in the house...maybe the basement with Tiny? Baby's Theatre? I don't know. The only scenes I can see them working with are The Museum at the start and Doctor Satan's lair. What do you all think?

DTH, it's so insulting that only 5 & 6 get played on Halloween. But seriously, that's as festive as we get down here. It's like they begrudgingly admit that it's Halloween by playing a couple of scary movies, but what they're really saying is "Fuck You! We don't care enough about Halloween to give you the one with Jason in it!". I genuinely like Jason Lives, though. It's a whole shit load of fun.

okay so i watched the movie tonight.

i honestly dont know how im gonna make it through that maze without dying ha

i get scared SO easily and the things that get to me are really greusome things and well that pretty much describes that movie lol :P

it'll be interesting when i record myself going through the mazes lol(:

but i think they will definitely do the hallway leading to dr. satan's lair.

the one that has all of the skeletons lining it.

and then i think they'll have skeletons popping out at you and such

i found that as good atmosphere

I also think they can do the scene where baby is cutting the guy's hair and it looks like she scalps him? thats what it looks like but he doesnt die? lol i dunno that confused me on what happened there but i think that would be a good scene to do and it can easily be done because i've seen it in haunted houses before.

but all in all

im really excited for this maze now that i've actually seen the movie

but also terrified ha

but i do see why they chose this maze to try 3-D on

cause its a very trippy movie at times

Well, shit the bed! Fried Chicken for the win! Maybe a few 'Captain Spaulding for President' T-shirts for good measure.

The entrance facade being The Museum of Madmen and Monsters would be amazing. I'm guessing we'd travel through Otis' Cheerleader Pen when we hit the Firefly Home. I'm trying to think of other notable scenes in the house...maybe the basement with Tiny? Baby's Theatre? I don't know. The only scenes I can see them working with are The Museum at the start and Doctor Satan's lair. What do you all think?

DTH, it's so insulting that only 5 & 6 get played on Halloween. But seriously, that's as festive as we get down here. It's like they begrudgingly admit that it's Halloween by playing a couple of scary movies, but what they're really saying is "Fuck You! We don't care enough about Halloween to give you the one with Jason in it!". I genuinely like Jason Lives, though. It's a whole shit load of fun.

I heard Halloweens not real a nig thing down there is this true?

anywho Fried Chicken would be killer they would realy go for authentisty (SP?) with that

Almost an entire week and this thread barely has 5 pages, each day with posts slowly building up and more people talking about the rest of the event instead of talking about this one.

I think that shows how "excited" we are for this. :-\

I know the movie has fans but unless the maze wasn't in 3D, I think this would've been the "flop" of the event.

I think you're wrong.

I think the very, very small subsection of fans on this board, (There is what, maybe 8 or 9 of you?) who post regularly arn't into the movie as much as you are some of the other properties out there. Among general haunted attraction enthusiasts, who I know quite a few, there are a HUGE number of Rob Zombie fans, who think everything he touches turns to gold.

Just about everyone I've talked to about this maze is super excited and can not wait to see what Universal does with it. They just don't, I dunno.. post here.

I haven't seen the movie so I really can't say I'll hate it or not, I had only seen like a few seconds of it and it wasn't from the beginning, probably going to see it on my days off.

I can't give an absolutely harsh or positive speculation for the coming maze, only trying to wrap my mind around how the whole 3-D angle will work out.

Well I'm not exclusively judging by this board either, Trevler.

The circles I run in are huge horror aficionados and have been watching horror movies since they were 3 years old (for the most part) while others just started getting into it about 4 years ago.

Other circles I run in are Haunt fans, either of Halloween Haunt or Halloween Horror Nights. These are 3 different set groups who are all college students whether they're filmmakers, actors, or general public majoring in psychology or engineering or maybe even just staying home doing nothing all the time waiting for a construction job.

Most of us were excited when HOTC hit theaters, as some of us were fans of Zombie's music and thought the guy was utterly demented so we wanted to see how that translated to film.

For the most part, we welcomed him into the horror film club and couldn't wait to see he did next.

Then Devil's Rejects came out and about half of the fans of the first film weren't with the new style of gritty realism sadisticness (we enjoyed the more cartoony version of it in the first).

And then he directed Halloween and we were all split in half of what the hell was going to happen next.

It came out and it was universal opinion that movie pretty much blew but did have some redeeming qualities.

H2 then came along and everyone was just gritting their teeth but went into the theater expecting something a little better.

We all gripped on to the seats with excitement; some of us together in the same theater or in multiple theaters in different groups.

At the end of the night, the consensus was that Zombie completely ruined not only Halloween but also horror.

Every single person I talked to personally (not on forums) hated the movie to all hell and never wanted another Rob Zombie movie to hit the streets.

This is where we come to now where all the groups I know form to one because this is an event that all my groups of friends can relate to.

HOTC, Zombie's only movie we could actually agree upon that was better than decent.

But it was a long road traveling to where we are now and do we really want to travel back to where it all started and it was actually good again?

It took less than a tiny word for people to go "uggggh" once I told them the new maze. As soon I said "ROB", I could see their eyes starting to roll in the back of their head.

By the time I said "Zombie", their head went down into shame. And then I said "House of 1000 Corpses" and their heads perched back up for a bit but then still were dismayed.

Because the Rob Zombie we thought we knew back than might take something great he did a long time ago and turn it into the type of stuff he makes now.

There was no excitement, just a sense of "aw crap, well let's see how that goes."

Granted, only a few of us went through the original HOTC maze (I wasn't one of them) and there was some good reactions then.

I just worry for the people who are like me and the huge groups of different people I know are just going to react the same way.

With that "ugh, it's Rob Zombie" syndrome. Not even be able to open up to the idea because his last 3 movies were either shoddy or pure garbage.

Trying to be optimistic here but it's a bit hard. That name is a bit tainted and has put a bad taste in my mouth after H1 and H2.

I welcome to see what happens but I'm not expecting greatness like I was with any of the other franchises that zoomed through HHN the last 4 years.

But maybe that'll benefit me with having low expectations and coming out like it was the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm just hoping it stays true to the original concept of the movie and Murdy has some original ideas up his sleeve.

So all of that, plus the "moderate" feedback here and on other boards that's how I based my opinion.

Sorry for the long story but I just wanted everyone to see where I'm coming from.

And just to clarify, I'm fully aware that me and the group of 30 - 50 people I know that are into this kind of stuff aren't the horror kingdom and fanbase.

Okay, so I've just finished watching House of 1000 Corpses and I've got a few ideas for it's involvement in the Terror Tram.

Now, I've never been to Halloween Horror Nights before, but from what I understand, each of the mazes have a small guest spot in the Terror Tram. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

What I was thinking was that the tram makes a stop in between two rows of the 'scarecrows' that line the driveway of the Firefly home. Giving lots of scares as some jump down and attack us with pipes and knives. Just an idea, but this scene is definitely one of the most memorable from the film and I absolutely cannot see it working in the confined space that the maze would allow.

Grindhouse, Halloween has grown in popularity down here somewhat, but it's nowhere near what you would call "fun".

In the previous posts I've mentioned the late night screenings of Friday the 13th 5 and 6.

It's seen as a very "American" holiday, so a lot of the 'old timers' don't see the need to celebrate it.

It's definitely popular with the younger generation (due to our exposure to the holiday in films and TV) so there will be some, but not many, parties and a couple of the more alternative clubs will host a costume party...but that's really about it for Australian celebrations for Halloween.

Can't wait to go over and be shown how Halloween really should be celebrated.

Peace.

Okay, so I've just finished watching House of 1000 Corpses and I've got a few ideas for it's involvement in the Terror Tram.

Now, I've never been to Halloween Horror Nights before, but from what I understand, each of the mazes have a small guest spot in the Terror Tram. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

What I was thinking was that the tram makes a stop in between two rows of the 'scarecrows' that line the driveway of the Firefly home. Giving lots of scares as some jump down and attack us with pipes and knives. Just an idea, but this scene is definitely one of the most memorable from the film and I absolutely cannot see it working in the confined space that the maze would allow.

Grindhouse, Halloween has grown in popularity down here somewhat, but it's nowhere near what you would call "fun".

In the previous posts I've mentioned the late night screenings of Friday the 13th 5 and 6.

It's seen as a very "American" holiday, so a lot of the 'old timers' don't see the need to celebrate it.

It's definitely popular with the younger generation (due to our exposure to the holiday in films and TV) so there will be some, but not many, parties and a couple of the more alternative clubs will host a costume party...but that's really about it for Australian celebrations for Halloween.

Can't wait to go over and be shown how Halloween really should be celebrated.

Peace.

yeah your right the terror Tram drops off at Whoville, goes to the bates motel, a random Forresty area, Norman's House and then ends after the War of the world's set and each film is represented at parts for example (Freddy Kruger was in The War of The worlds set, Jason was in the woods ect.) it may be extended this year but we dont know where yet but you got the gest of it and more of Univerl's own characters are known to make cameos (The strangers, Chucky, A zombie version of Scareface, Norman bates) and hope you fun at HHN!

I personally cant understand why people hated RZ's movies AFTER HOTC, While I like HOTC, I'm pretty far from saying I love it. I actually preferred The Devils Rejects over it, it had more storyline and not just random gore. As for Halloween and H2, meh, I'm a HUGE fan of the original, and was quite disappointed with what he did with it. I liked that he showed more of Micheal as a kid, But hated how much he changed afterward. (compared to the original) And H2 was pretty much garbage. But I'm still looking foward to this house. After reading the posts on here I couldnt believe how many people hadnt seen HOTC yet. I guess it really is a cult classic.

Btw, goingtohell I hope HHNH doesnt disappoint.

electro - HOTC is random gore and Devil's Rejects has a better storyline? I think you have it mixed up and I'm not basing that on opinion, it's almost fact, lmao. But this is a maze thread so we won't talk about the movie in here. I say we debate this in the horror movie thread!

Edited by DTH316

House of 1000 Corpses' story line feels disjointed and random, while Devil's Rejects does have a fairly straight forward plot.

That being said, comparing the two movies is like comparing apples and oranges. Despite the fact that they have characters in common, the movies are completely different! Not even the same genre.

Ho1kC is a love letter to horror movies. The story, honestly, is not that good, but the movie has a lot of really good lines and rather amazing and memorable visuals and scenes.

Devil's Rejects is a Revenge/Road movie, not really a horror movie at all, despite the high amount of gore. Its story is a little bit better then House, but.. in my opinion, its not nearly as fun.

I cant comment on the Halloween movies Zombie made. I only saw part of the first one, and as mentioned previously, I'm not a fan of the series to begin with.

Don't know if anyone got this but Murdy said that the maze will take up the majority of the T2 queue.

I was at Universal the other day and saw Terminator. Those flowery-umbrella things in the queue area have disappeared. So I guess that's related to the maze.