HHN 2010: House of 1000 Corpses: 3D

DTH316

Possibly, they used strobes in Halloween and Saw last year, I don't remember though if My Bloody Valentine did, though... and it's overused in HOH, so strobes will come into play anyway. Most people's perception is screwed up when the rapidly flashing bulbs are activated, so they can become disoriented... and it helps the scareactor even more, since it makes them appear to be moving much faster.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is...how are they going to pull off this whole digital 3D stunt? I mean if they have a projected image of a never-ending hallway, then won't turning to the next room ruin the illusion of there being an actual hallway, thereby "flattening" it as you go by? It'll also be interesting to see if they incorporate 4D effects like Dr. Satan chopping someone's head off and have "blood" splatter everyone? I'm sure they will since Universal is so water gag-obsessive.

Well that's really the only thing I can come up with for a "3D" maze... I don't really like the whole gimmick to begin with, but whatever happens, it'll end up having very mixed reviews about it from HHN-goers.. fans and casuals alike.

What I want to know is...how are they going to pull off this whole digital 3D stunt? I mean if they have a projected image of a never-ending hallway, then won't turning to the next room ruin the illusion of there being an actual hallway, thereby "flattening" it as you go by? It'll also be interesting to see if they incorporate 4D effects like Dr. Satan chopping someone's head off and have "blood" splatter everyone? I'm sure they will since Universal is so water gag-obsessive.

thats a good effect!

really sends chills up peoples spines IMO lol

I already have a feeling this'll be the "love it or hate it" maze of the year.

And I have an odd feeling most will hate it.

And I have another odd feeling I'll probably be joining that group.

Still excited to go through it though!

yeahh i agree DTH

although im really excited to go through it and think that i'll like it...

i feel that the feeling DEFINITELY wont be mutual

im just really curious as to what kinda 3-D they will be using...

Edited by LeeRay

You guys are crazy. House of 1k Corpses is a perfect movie to adapt for a maze. Its got weird looking character design, fantastic, creepy environs. And its bloody and gory like you crazy kids like. The movie itself might not be great, (I personally, LOVE IT) but it will make a great maze. I've been saying for years, if there is -one- thing that might get me to work a maze, it'd be this. Guess who I want to play?

Now, I dont know about the 3D, but the movie itself used odd lighting that would lend itself to 3d, such as in the Murder Ride, or Dr. Satan's hide out.

Thanks Trev. As usual you said it for me. The movie was a maze. From the script to the sets. It starts out big and open then gets a little scary. Then you get into the house, weird people show up, People start getting killed, more blood. You move into a graveyard, then underground. Smaller rooms, downright monsters. Culminating in a surgery scene full of freaks and mutants and you make your escape, just to be captured at the end by the final scare. Looking at this the ideal locations would be HOH, where all those elements are already built and can be redressed or Shrek where Valentine had a house and underground setting. Possibly even Saw if it isn't returning, it was designed as a shack interior for Chainsaw which matches HOTC pretty well.

You guys are crazy. House of 1k Corpses is a perfect movie to adapt for a maze. Its got weird looking character design, fantastic, creepy environs. And its bloody and gory like you crazy kids like. The movie itself might not be great, (I personally, LOVE IT) but it will make a great maze. I've been saying for years, if there is -one- thing that might get me to work a maze, it'd be this. Guess who I want to play?

Now, I dont know about the 3D, but the movie itself used odd lighting that would lend itself to 3d, such as in the Murder Ride, or Dr. Satan's hide out.

Wow it takes a lot to get you excited for a maze.

Idk I'm still unsure on how I feel about this maze. I need to watch to movie again. Until then I'm undecided.

I own the movie and like it, but as a maze, I'm not too enthused.

Would rather do it at Knotts than Universal

I own the movie as well, and I havent watched it in a long time. Not that this movie is ancient, But I sure as hell wouldnt call it recent. So I think the GP is (sort of) going to take this as a original maze. Now I know that GP isnt that stupid/young; BUT it has been a while, and if I'm not mistaken this movie didn't do too well @ the box office. (Not that would have any affect on how well the maze will do, just an FYI)