HHN 2010: House of 1000 Corpses: 3D

DTH316

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHN UPDATE: Finsihed audio for House of 1,000 Corpses last night, toured maze progress and shot behind the scenes vids with filmakers today

So would that mean this is an already being built/built location? Hm... someone get to Universal, now!

Zombievision is interesting but I mean, how narcissistic is it to have it called Rob Zombie's HOTC in ZOMBIEvision. Wanna squeeze your name in there just one more time, Rob?

HHN UPDATE: Finsihed audio for House of 1,000 Corpses last night, toured maze progress and shot behind the scenes vids with filmakers today

So would that mean this is an already being built/built location? Hm... someone get to Universal, now!

Zombievision is interesting but I mean, how narcissistic is it to have it called Rob Zombie's HOTC in ZOMBIEvision. Wanna squeeze your name in there just one more time, Rob?

"Rob Zombie presents: Rob Zombie's House of 100 Corpses In Zombi-riffic Robtastic Zombievision (Created by Rob Zombie)"

yea i dont really like the fb page i post pics on there before i found this site and after the vault closed but now i can post them here... the funny thing is its not really gonna be any different from the film its not like its original character it would just look like him... which i have a image in my head of dr satan with the guy on his operating table its gonna kick ass

"Rob Zombie presents: Rob Zombie's House of 100 Corpses In Zombi-riffic Robtastic Zombievision (Created by Rob Zombie)"

haha i love the (created by Rob Zombie) at the end(:

and yeahh i noticed, i think the concept art looks kind of funny just because it says shocktilyoudrop.com across it

if it was owned by universal why would it say that websites name across it?

but that is what dr. satan looks like in the murder ride isnt it?

i wouldnt know to well cause i havnt seen the whole movie and what i have seen of it, i havnt seen in FOREVER

i just watched that scene on youtube the other day lol

Yeah, the people on Facebook are idiots of the highest degree. First they claim Scream is confirmed because a fans blog mentioned that a Scream maze might be the favorite this year, now they are claiming that someone falsified this concept art. For what purpose would someone do that? Their main evidence is that Dr. Satan looks nothing like that in the movie, but if you read it it says "Murder Ride Dr. Satan", and is exactly what he looks like in the murder rude scene of the movie.

Yeah, the people on Facebook are idiots of the highest degree. First they claim Scream is confirmed because a fans blog mentioned that a Scream maze might be the favorite this year, now they are claiming that someone falsified this concept art. For what purpose would someone do that? Their main evidence is that Dr. Satan looks nothing like that in the movie, but if you read it it says "Murder Ride Dr. Satan", and is exactly what he looks like in the murder rude scene of the movie.

:lol:

I have no statements on the Scream assumption since I never made any, but I thought the concept art shown was false because the look of it wasn't similar to the other concept art pieces. Also, there were no blatant Universal watermarks, the article was not mentioned on Twitter nor Facebook, and the photoshopped brain just screamed cheap to me, so I felt it was fake. Don't mind the people on Facebook, there's worse people out there. Like the ones who go to HHN just to disrespect the scareactors, the property, and many times, fellow guests.

Besides, I already saw that Mr. Murdy confirmed the piece as official.

Speculation and assumptions are pretty normal, no matter how outrageous the claims.

Does Facebook just drain all common sense out of people geez now people are arguing the concept art of Dr. Satan because there was no background correct me if im wrong but werent most concept arty last had no bacjground or color?

There was no arguing. And if you look at the concept art, they usually contain a colored version of the character, detailed lineart of the character's face, watermarks from Universal plastered all over the image, and the negative space is usually filled with low-opacity textures and a more neutral colored background.

The Dr. Satan artwork featured none of this but the colored character. I already posted other reasons for me feeling the artwork was fake in the post above this.

Once again, I now realize the image is official, but me suspecting the image might be false because of the many qualities of HHN concept art it lacked does not mean I lack common sense. I paid attention to detail and this somehow means I lack common sense. You know, maybe you're right because I certainly don't seem to have enough "common sense" to understand that logic. :huh:

Edited by Anu

There was no arguing. And if you look at the concept art, they usually contain a colored version of the character, detailed lineart of the character's face, watermarks from Universal plastered all over the image, and the negative space is usually filled with low-opacity textures and a more neutral colored background.

The Dr. Satan artwork featured none of this but the colored character. I already posted other reasons for me feeling the artwork was fake in the post above this.

Once again, I now realize the image is official, but me suspecting the image might be false because of the many qualities of HHN concept art it lacked does not mean I lack common sense. I paid attention to detail and this somehow means I lack common sense. You know, maybe you're right because I certainly don't seem to have enough "common sense" to understand that logic. :huh:

when i said the thing about commom sense i deffinitely wasnt talking about you

im jordan from facebook that got the confirmation from murdy

your actually one of the people on the HHN FB that has the most common sense in my opinion

well no alot of the Concept art from last didnt have any of those nore full color some of the conncept art for Hallloween were Action figures even, all the concept art for movie based characters, or characters that have plane masks (henry warden, Myer, Jason ect) dont need the close the close up is for the make up vendors only so if it doesnt require make up there no close up, or Movie characters because they get the color schemes and close up from the source material "The movie itself" I wasnt aiming at you I was aiming at the idiot who had to draw him crappy which happens to be scott everybody!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

To me, House of 1000 Corpses is the perfect film to model a maze after. Granted, I am a fan of the film so I may just be biased, but whenever I've been asked to explain my love for the film to any skeptical friends I would use the phrase "It's like a haunted fun house...on acid".

We would have to start in Captain Spaulding's Museum of Madmen and Monsters (and the press release has confirmed this), but I'm hoping when we get to The Firefly House we get to see some of Otis' handiwork (preferably with Otis shouting "Hope you like what you see!" at us) and no trip to Dr. Satan's lair would be complete without The Surgeon. Right? He'd probably be the guy to chase us out of the maze. Pus spewing mouth and all.

Speaking for myself, seeing as this will be my first year traveling all the way from Australia (where the entirety of our countries Halloween festivities' consist of late night screenings of Friday the 13th Parts 5 & 6) to HHN Hollywood. My ticket price has already been justified.

I hope everyone here who is not too enthused with this maze will find something in the event to really get them psyched.

Peace.

GTH

Grindhouse is right, when the character is simple and will don a mask there is no need for a close up on the face for the concept art. But I also see where the others are coming from, as it does look a little suspicious. But lets lay that topic to rest. Point is, that IS OFFICIAL HHNH CONCEPT ART, watermark or no watermark.

That being said, DTH is right, this maze is under constuction and well on its way if Murdy is filming BTS and working on the audio. So we should know what the 5th maze location is right? (assuming someone goes to USH sometime soon and checks out the specualted areas)

I'm willing to bet that the facade for the maze will be the entrance for Dr. Satan's Murder Ride and not just the house.

As for the location, here's where I think it'll go. You'll have to copy and paste on to you your URL. It would indeed be the largest maze location and people could still evacuate T2 if they had to towards Coke Soak.

file:///Users/raleighhooper/Desktop/Snapshot%202010-08-07%2010-36-28.tiff

Edited by Freakazoid