HHN XX Tickets, Pricing, & Dates

Mark M.

Last year, we got to Florida on Fri Oct 2nd...but our flight landed sooooo late from delays we didn't go to the park that night. We went Sat night and it was DEAD...we got everything done within an hour (we also did the Stay and Scream so got a little head start) and even went on all the rides that night. Did a couple houses as many as 3 times.

The next day was Sunday and we thought it would be dead. We went out for dinner and watched some football and got to the park a little bit after it opened and it was PACKED. Took us forever to get in and lines near the gates at Wolfman were like 45min and Saw was already 90min. It was pretty crazy and unexpected.

Each year there seems to be a "surprise" like that where it's DEAD on a weekend night and then a Thur or Sun is packed.

the reason for that is that Thursday and Sunday are frequent fear pass days, so everyone with FFP goes on that day,(that seems obvious i know)

BUT those days are also the days that you can get a 30 dollar discount for residents with a Coca cola can or Bottle, so those days that is packed is because of the people that pay cheaper.

I did this in 2006, It was Halloween day the last day of HHN and i got 30 bucks off, but it still was kinda empty, i was able to do all the houses twice.

Also there is a Sunday that Gives discount to UCF students , that day was the worst day as far as crowded goes, you could barely walk and the waiting line in the houses were like 2 hours and a half or something like that.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In USO where do we stay for the Stay and Scream this year?

Does my AP (Power Pass) count as a Stay and Scream upgrade if i bought a FFP for HHN?

There won't be any info regarding this year's S&S holding areas until much closer to opening night, if not as late as opening night itself.

As far as taking part in Stay and Scream, this general statement applies to all admission types; if you are inside the Universal Studios theme park before closing (usually 5pm) and you have ANY form of valid HHN ticket for that night, you will be allowed to stay in the S&S holding area.

What I don't understand is how do u get a discount on HHN tickets when you do the stay and scream when you have to pay like sixty something for the S&S ticket plus another sixty something for the HHN ticket? It doesn't seem like you're getting a discount but that you're actually paying double the cost. Do I have this all wrong? Can someone explain the process?

If you have an AP does the TMs act the same way like a stay and scream and let you in early?

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if you can get into HHN with an AP? If so, no. If you have an AP, you go in the park before it closes and do stay and scream and the team members will let you in with everyone else with park tickets for that day. There is an AP party usually the first three weekends though, and they let you in a house or two a bit earlier then usual, but when you get out you're still stuck in stay and scream.

What I don't understand is how do u get a discount on HHN tickets when you do the stay and scream when you have to pay like sixty something for the S&S ticket plus another sixty something for the HHN ticket? It doesn't seem like you're getting a discount but that you're actually paying double the cost. Do I have this all wrong? Can someone explain the process?

You do not have to pay for an HHN ticket if you're upgrading you're regular park ticket to be able to do stay and scream, because once you get in stay and scream, you're in HHN.

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if you can get into HHN with an AP? If so, no. If you have an AP, you go in the park before it closes and do stay and scream and the team members will let you in with everyone else with park tickets for that day. There is an AP party usually the first three weekends though, and they let you in a house or two a bit earlier then usual, but when you get out you're still stuck in stay and scream.

You do not have to pay for an HHN ticket if you're upgrading you're regular park ticket to be able to do stay and scream, because once you get in stay and scream, you're in HHN.

I'm sorry I meant to say how is it a discount if u pay $64 for the S&S ticket plus another $70 for IOA ticket? I want to get on the Harry Potter rides during the day and HHN in the evening, I just don't understand how this process make it cheaper, like I mentioned before it's like you're paying double.

Edited by markas06

Just wondering.. I quickly scanned the 4 pages on this thread (sorry if this is a repost), but how come there is no pricing information on Express passes?! Did they do away with them this year?

Don't believe so because their huge money makers for Universal

Look at the FAQ it still mentions of the ticket option (12) so i believe like the information for FFP you have to wait when the event gets a little closer.

Edited by Andrew Ryan

I'm sorry I meant to say how is it a discount if u pay $64 for the S&S ticket plus another $70 for IOA ticket? I want to get on the Harry Potter rides during the day and HHN in the evening, I just don't understand how this process make it cheaper, like I mentioned before it's like you're paying double.

If you were to go to the gate and buy a 1 day park ticket you pay around 80 bucks. If you decided to attend hhn that same night and just bought a regular one night ticket it would be 74.99. However if you do the stay and scream the price is 64.99. So while it may not seem like much you are saving 10 dollars, in fact you save even more if you do it on fri-sun as the stay and scream prices are even less.

Just wondering.. I quickly scanned the 4 pages on this thread (sorry if this is a repost), but how come there is no pricing information on Express passes?! Did they do away with them this year?

There will be express passes this year, they just haven't been announced yet. They will be put up on the site probably in the next update along with the Frequent Fear Passes and the Annual Pass Discounts. I'm excited to see if anything came out of that Express Pass survey they did a while back.

If you were to go to the gate and buy a 1 day park ticket you pay around 80 bucks. If you decided to attend hhn that same night and just bought a regular one night ticket it would be 74.99. However if you do the stay and scream the price is 64.99. So while it may not seem like much you are saving 10 dollars, in fact you save even more if you do it on fri-sun as the stay and scream prices are even less.

Thanks for explaining!!!

There will be express passes this year, they just haven't been announced yet. They will be put up on the site probably in the next update along with the Frequent Fear Passes and the Annual Pass Discounts. I'm excited to see if anything came out of that Express Pass survey they did a while back.

Not to mention the survey Universal passed out about Express Passes. There may possibly be different kinds this year. I got a survey talking about different grades of fast passes, including an unlimited all house and ride ticket (for all rides open that is). I am not bluffing, but I may be slightly incorrect, but has anyone else recieved that survey, just to verify my info?

I'm thinking this is the best place to ask this. The first weekend of HHN, is it open til 12:00 or 2:00? I know normally Friday and Saturday are until 2:00, but I wasn't sure if they treat the opening weekend differently.

I'm thinking this is the best place to ask this. The first weekend of HHN, is it open til 12:00 or 2:00? I know normally Friday and Saturday are until 2:00, but I wasn't sure if they treat the opening weekend differently.

If you check out the halloween horror nights website in the FAQ section under the when is halloween horror nights it says that opening weekend hours are 6:30 to midnight. September 24th,25th and 30th are 6:30 pm-12 am

Edited by HORRORLANDO

If you check out the halloween horror nights website in the FAQ section under the when is halloween horror nights it says that opening weekend hours are 6:30 to midnight. September 24th,25th and 30th are 6:30 pm-12 am

Thank you.

It would be a real treat if one year parking for the event was thrown in with the purchase of FFP... :) We have yet to renew our AP's this year, so if we do in fact end up being able to afford to attend this year we'll have to pay for parking unless we renew our passes. At $14.00 a night, that's a ton of money to spend on just parking.

**Just think Universal, that's money I could be spending on drinking instead... ;)

It would be a real treat if one year parking for the event was thrown in with the purchase of FFP... :) We have yet to renew our AP's this year, so if we do in fact end up being able to afford to attend this year we'll have to pay for parking unless we renew our passes. At $14.00 a night, that's a ton of money to spend on just parking.

**Just think Universal, that's money I could be spending on drinking instead... ;)

Jason and I might have the same issue if he doesn't renew his. We could probably carpool either way?

we are lucky this year as our APs expire the middle of oct and we ar comming down before they expire.

Lyn we can't car pool opening weekend as we are staying on property, and thursday 9/30 we are planning on all day in the parks and HHN, but if you guys what to ride with us on 10/1 we are planning on going that night for S&S to close so you guys can ride with us friday night or if you can do all day on thursday you guys can ride with us and hang out all day and night.

hope you can make it opening night.

see you in the shadows.

Jim & Judy

With WWOHP now open, is it safe to assume that HHN will include IOA this year?

Actually I think it is the opposite.. I doubt they will use IOA for a very long time, which is a good thing. Takes too much time to switch parks and US has better settings for houses. Harry Potter will only ADD to the clustering of people in IOA.