HHN XX Tickets, Pricing, & Dates

Mark M.

Here are 2010's speculated dates.

Sep 24 (Friday), 25 (Saturday) - Opening Weekend

Sep 30 (Thursday)

Oct 1 (Friday), 2 (Saturday), 3 (Sunday)

Oct 7 (Thursday), 8 (Friday), 9 (Saturday), 10 (Sunday)

Oct 14 (Thursday), 15 (Friday), 16 (Saturday), 17 (Sunday)

Oct 20 (Wednesday), 21 (Thursday), 22 (Friday), 23 (Saturday), 24 (Sunday) - Hell Week?

Oct 27 (Wednesday), 28 (Thursday), 29 (Friday), 30 (Saturday)

That will be 23 nights, same as last year. Will they add Halloween which is a Sunday, for the last day?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow that's early this year.

It's not official, just what I came up with based on previous years. If it didn't start till the first weekend in October we would only have 19 nights (since opening weekend don't include a Sunday), 20 nights if they end it on a Sunday for Halloween, which in recent memory I don't remember a HHN ending on a Sunday. We need Halloween though!

Mark,

I think your spot on with your guesstimate of the dates. The event historically begins the last weekend of September, changing that would be an abomination of sorts! LOL It would be nice to get a Halloween thrown in for good measure this year...because there's something about attending HHN on Halloween night that makes it extra special. ;)

I think it should continue to start the last weekend of September. If you're pulling out all of the stops for the 20th Anniversary, why lessen the nights? I'd add more if it was up to me!

And the event is kind of called Halloween Horror Nights. It'd be a bit silly to leave out Halloween night, no? :P Although, rather than using the last weekend of September, you could extend it a week past Halloween. That would eliminate the problem with ending on a Sunday if Halloween Night was added, even if going past the night by almost an entire week could seem odd.

Just my two cents though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

I think your spot on with your guesstimate of the dates. The event historically begins the last weekend of September, changing that would be an abomination of sorts! LOL It would be nice to get a Halloween thrown in for good measure this year...because there's something about attending HHN on Halloween night that makes it extra special. ;)

I agree we went 2 years ago and it was alot of fun.

I agree we went 2 years ago and it was alot of fun.

Last year on Halloween was a blast as well!

I wish Halloween wasn't on a Sunday this year, for us, it messes with travel plans, work, ect. Last year was perfect, we went Halloween night on Sat, then flew home Sunday! Just another reason to move to Orlando!!!! :)

I wish Halloween wasn't on a Sunday this year, for us, it messes with travel plans, work, ect. Last year was perfect, we went Halloween night on Sat, then flew home Sunday! Just another reason to move to Orlando!!!! :)

I can give you a laundry list of reasons for you and Sherry to move here sweetie! ;)

It would be nice if they included Halloween this year, simply because it does fall on a Sunday...since the next day is a school/work day I'm not sure it would be overly crowded.

We missed Halloween night last year, but every other year when the FFP were usable for Halloween, the crowds surprisingly weren't too bad.

How bad were they this past year?

ya we are thinking opening weekend will be fun this year. I hope they do opening scareamonies with the public.

we plan on going then on the chance we will get to see opening scareamonies.

if things turn around for us we will try to do 2 weeks this year or I might come down without judy, because if she gets the job she just interveiwed for she will only be able to have one week off.

and I am still out of work. thank god for the unemployment extentions.

I can give you a laundry list of reasons for you and Sherry to move here sweetie! ;)

It would be nice if they included Halloween this year, simply because it does fall on a Sunday...since the next day is a school/work day I'm not sure it would be overly crowded.

We missed Halloween night last year, but every other year when the FFP were usable for Halloween, the crowds surprisingly weren't too bad.

How bad were they this past year?

We had FFP for 2009 and attended the event on Halloween night. We pre-gamed a bit at the NBA club overlooking City Walk (have to love 2-4-1 Roman Cokes) and remarked many times that the flow of people was certainly stronger going out of Universal than into Universal.

Once in the parks the crowds were actually great. Very low until about 9:30/10:00 when the crowds peaked. Even then they were well below a Saturday level crowd. By 11:30 the crowds were thinning again.

I still have the wait times on my phone:

TIME:_____6:30___7:___7:30___8:___8:3__9:___9:3__10:__11:3__12:___1:__1:30

Chucky_____20___15___05___05___20___30___30___30___45___45___45___20

Spawning___XX___10___10___15___10___15___15___20___20___15___05___05

Cleaver_____XX___05___20___30___30___45___30___30___30___05___05___05

Drac_______XX___30___45___45___30___45___30___30___20___15___10___05

Wolf_______20___20___35___35___30___30___10___20___10___10___05___05

Silver S____XX___05___05___05___05___05___05___05___20___20___05___05

Frank______XX___20___20___45___45___30___45___45___10___20___05___05

Saw________05___05___20___45___60___90___90___90___75___60___20___10

Keep in mind these are from Universal who, in my opinion, notoriously underestimates wait times. Still, it was a very nice night.

We had FFP for 2009 and attended the event on Halloween night. We pre-gamed a bit at the NBA club overlooking City Walk (have to love 2-4-1 Roman Cokes) and remarked many times that the flow of people was certainly stronger going out of Universal than into Universal.

Once in the parks the crowds were actually great. Very low until about 9:30/10:00 when the crowds peaked. Even then they were well below a Saturday level crowd. By 11:30 the crowds were thinning again.

I still have the wait times on my phone:

TIME:_____6:30___7:___7:30___8:___8:3__9:___9:3__10:__11:3__12:___1:__1:30

Chucky_____20___15___05___05___20___30___30___30___45___45___45___20

Spawning___XX___10___10___15___10___15___15___20___20___15___05___05

Cleaver_____XX___05___20___30___30___45___30___30___30___05___05___05

Drac_______XX___30___45___45___30___45___30___30___20___15___10___05

Wolf_______20___20___35___35___30___30___10___20___10___10___05___05

Silver S____XX___05___05___05___05___05___05___05___20___20___05___05

Frank______XX___20___20___45___45___30___45___45___10___20___05___05

Saw________05___05___20___45___60___90___90___90___75___60___20___10

Keep in mind these are from Universal who, in my opinion, notoriously underestimates wait times. Still, it was a very nice night.

It's always amazing to me how when an event night falls on Halloween that it tends to be a quiet night. Heck, why not celebrate Halloween at HHN?! I guess most people think that it will be crowded simply due to the fact that it falls on the holiday itself. (Perhaps we can keep this misnomer to ourselves and let everyone else continue to believe such!)

And I agree...Universal tends to under estimate wait times in a massive way. We got in line for Dracula last year and it said 20 minute wait...40 minutes later we had yet to move. (Whoever figures those wait times needs to brush up on their estimation skills a bit...LOL)

We got in line for Dracula last year and it said 20 minute wait...40 minutes later we had yet to move.

Oh, I vividly remember the third weekend when I was sick on a night that my cast closed, our ASM came through to tell us that the wait time was only 5 min. <_< 30 min later, I had coughed my lung onto the floor and people were still coming through. :angry:

Oh, I vividly remember the third weekend when I was sick on a night that my cast closed, our ASM came through to tell us that the wait time was only 5 min. <_< 30 min later, I had coughed my lung onto the floor and people were still coming through. :angry:

I know that the wait times drive us as guests crazy when they are "estimated" only to be proven wrong after standing in line 30 minutes later, so I can only imagine how it must frustrate the individuals who are in the houses...and then top it all off on being sick.

Here's my thing with wait times, if the time is 40 minutes, then show it to be 50 minutes, at least that way guests will be pleasently surprised when they wait 10 minutes less than the shown time. If you put up a 5 minute wait when in actuality it's 40 minutes, your going to be dealing with ticked off people. I think most of us can agree that we have no problem waiting, but would really like to see realistic wait times as opposed to the "guesstimates" that we typically see.

Here's my thing with wait times, if the time is 40 minutes, then show it to be 50 minutes, at least that way guests will be pleasently surprised when they wait 10 minutes less than the shown time. If you put up a 5 minute wait when in actuality it's 40 minutes, your going to be dealing with ticked off people. I think most of us can agree that we have no problem waiting, but would really like to see realistic wait times as opposed to the "guesstimates" that we typically see.

Why don't they implement the method of wait time estimation that they use for their rides, or do they SWAG that also?

Over estimates on wait times are good. Disney excels at line time estimation and I've noticed that if anything they overestimate the wait time.

Spending less time in line than posted wait time = always good.

Spending more time in line than posted wait time = never good.

Over estimates on wait times are good. Disney excels at line time estimation and I've noticed that if anything they overestimate the wait time.

Spending less time in line than posted wait time = always good.

Spending more time in line than posted wait time = never good.

My thoughts exactly! And while it's "fudging" things if done this way, why not always overestimate the wait time? That way no matter what, guests won't feel as if they are spending their entire stay waiting in line. If the actual wait is 40 minutes, show it as 60...you'd be amazed how happy people are when they get into an attraction ten minutes quicker than they thought they would...it's as if you've given them extra time...LOL

My thoughts exactly! And while it's "fudging" things if done this way, why not always overestimate the wait time? That way no matter what, guests won't feel as if they are spending their entire stay waiting in line. If the actual wait is 40 minutes, show it as 60...you'd be amazed how happy people are when they get into an attraction ten minutes quicker than they thought they would...it's as if you've given them extra time...LOL

That’s the problem it makes sense. Common sense isn’t as common as one would think.

I know that the wait times drive us as guests crazy when they are "estimated" only to be proven wrong after standing in line 30 minutes later, so I can only imagine how it must frustrate the individuals who are in the houses...and then top it all off on being sick.

Here's my thing with wait times, if the time is 40 minutes, then show it to be 50 minutes, at least that way guests will be pleasantly surprised when they wait 10 minutes less than the shown time. If you put up a 5 minute wait when in actuality it's 40 minutes, your going to be dealing with ticked off people. I think most of us can agree that we have no problem waiting, but would really like to see realistic wait times as opposed to the "guesstimates" that we typically see.

I couldn't agree with you more Lyn! Travis and I attended last year and couldn't buy the Express passes until 10pm so we waited in line at Dracula and it said 20 minutes and it was really 45 minutes. Needless to say we weren't the happiest guests since it made us miss the Bill and Ted show. I wish they would just up the wait time to 10 minutes longer so that you are pleasantly surprised to find out that you actually waited less time than you anticipated.

What about the rumor site that says the park will be open for the ENTIRE month of October?!?! Also, do we have a confirmation that it will be in both parks this year??

What about the rumor site that says the park will be open for the ENTIRE month of October?!?! Also, do we have a confirmation that it will be in both parks this year??

I really doubt it will be open the entire month of October. Just think of the costs it will be to operate the event for 38 nights, if it runs from September 24 through October 31st. Not to mention the staff and actors it would require to pull it off, because I don't think to many people would like to work for 38 nights straight, specially in those Houses in the "Hot" Queues (JAWS and Disaster).

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't agree with you more Lyn! Travis and I attended last year and couldn't buy the Express passes until 10pm so we waited in line at Dracula and it said 20 minutes and it was really 45 minutes. Needless to say we weren't the happiest guests since it made us miss the Bill and Ted show. I wish they would just up the wait time to 10 minutes longer so that you are pleasantly surprised to find out that you actually waited less time than you anticipated.

Exactly Michelle! It's like just up the wait time so it seems like your getting through the line faster than anticipated...LOL...everyone's usually had a few drinks so no one is watching their watch like a hawk. But even with a few beers in me I can still tell the difference between a 20 minute and 45 minute wait! ;)

And to everyone still debating on attending opening weekend, I HIGHLY recommend it. I've been to every opening weekend for the past 19 years and this one will be no exception. There's just something very special about opening weekend that I can't describe... :D