HHN XX Tickets, Pricing, & Dates

Mark M.

Is it just me, or do you think that the standby line might be SHORTER than the EP line at times? In my opinion, Universal is not charging enough for the FFP with EP.

Unless they are selling an extremely limited number of these passes, they could be painting themselves into a corner this year, resulting in huge EP lines.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont you think they took that into account? If the express is longer go in the regular line , majority thinks express is a waste since they already spend enough money on tickets and if there attending multiple times i doubt they see a need to spend extra

There have been a few years past where I remember walking up to a house only to see that the EP line had a longer wait time than the regular line did...and what scared me even more was, it didn't seem to dawn on the people in the EP line that they didn't have to stay there.

It will be interesting to see the time wait comparisons between regular and EP lines this year since there are so many ticketing options available. For those of us not using EP, we can only hope it bodes well in our favor.... ;)

I'm having a hard time choosing. Part of me says that it would be nice to not have to wait so long in a line but the other part of me is saying that i will be attending a lot this year..do i really need a FFP/w express pass? I will end up seeing and doing everything anyway. I also was thinking that if my friends come along, they most likely wont have a EP ticket so i wont ever go on the EP line because i'll wanna be with them.

Idk which to buy!!! :lol:

I'm having a hard time choosing. Part of me says that it would be nice to not have to wait so long in a line but the other part of me is saying that i will be attending a lot this year..do i really need a FFP/w express pass? I will end up seeing and doing everything anyway. I also was thinking that if my friends come along, they most likely wont have a EP ticket so i wont ever go on the EP line because i'll wanna be with them.

Idk which to buy!!! :lol:

Sounds like you've already convinced yourself what to do :P

Trying to figure out which is the best option. Only spending a short weekend in Orlando, planning on attending Sunday, Oct 10th. Should I purchase a Regular HHN Ticket with the Express option for two people ($291.82 total) or purchase a One Day Universal Ticket with the Stay and Scream Option ($257.80)? I have plans during the day, so purchasing the Universal ticket with the Stay and Scream would be only for the early privileges.

I can't figure which option would be better in my case, deal with the front gate crowds but then have the Express, or knock out a couple houses early with Stay and Scream, but then deal with regular lines...the prices are pretty similar, just looking which option with let me see the most houses with the least fuss.

Is it just me, or do you think that the standby line might be SHORTER than the EP line at times? In my opinion, Universal is not charging enough for the FFP with EP.

^ That will never, ever, i repeat EVER happen. Its not possible. ( im talking about the Reg lines being longer then EP)

But i do know exactly what you mean, i mean damn im getting the FFP+EP ticket and I cant even belive its real. It seems like its to good of a deal... Perhaps this is a trick..Perhaps HHN 20 isnt actually happening...

SPECULATE!

Trying to figure out which is the best option. Only spending a short weekend in Orlando, planning on attending Sunday, Oct 10th. Should I purchase a Regular HHN Ticket with the Express option for two people ($291.82 total) or purchase a One Day Universal Ticket with the Stay and Scream Option ($257.80)? I have plans during the day, so purchasing the Universal ticket with the Stay and Scream would be only for the early privileges.

I can't figure which option would be better in my case, deal with the front gate crowds but then have the Express, or knock out a couple houses early with Stay and Scream, but then deal with regular lines...the prices are pretty similar, just looking which option with let me see the most houses with the least fuss.

I would go with the first option. It is only 40$ ish more. And will guarantee that you see every house at least once. Plus your only going one night, so it'd be a waste if you didnt.

Edited by Dylan

This is just a general question. We are beginning to plan our annual trip to hhn and our group so far is up to 5 people and growing! What i was wondering though was, are there any Universal Studios partner hotels that are specially THEMED halloween just for halloween horror nights? (like disney has themed hotels)

This is just a general question. We are beginning to plan our annual trip to hhn and our group so far is up to 5 people and growing! What i was wondering though was, are there any Universal Studios partner hotels that are specially THEMED halloween just for halloween horror nights? (like disney has themed hotels)

I remember back at HHN 15 the Hard Rock had like a storytime with the Storyteller, and i think there was scareactors at times roaming through the lobby and what not. But I havent heard of anything like that since.

DEFINITELY go with the first option if you are ONLY there for the 10th. As a Sunday, it's hit or miss on the business. I've been there years where Sun has been dead, and others where it's been busier than Fri or Sat (probably because of the discounted tickets). The Stay And Scream is cool as you usually get "released" a little early...you'll probably get 2 houses done without any real lines, but you could probably do those same two houses in 20min if you came in the main gate and made a B-Line for the back of the park instead of starting with the first few houses when you get let in like 85% of the people do.

If you get in line about an hour before the gates open (as they'll sometimes check your tickets and let you in a little further) you shouldn't have a problem getting all the houses done by Midnight. I've gone every year but one since 2004 and with the exception of a Sat when Freddy, Jason and Leatherface were there, there wansn't a night we COULDN'T have done everything we wanted to. We usually go the first or second weekend before the crowds get too crazy, so we're probably talking the same timeframe.

But to GUARANTEE you get everything done, the Express option is your best/safest bet.

Edited by Oysterhead00

Something I've always laughed about. People tend not to use their EP passes properly.

Last year for example, I got to see houses immediately when they opened since my call time wasn't till 7. Walking through the lines at around 530, there were people walking along side me in the EP line. Why?!

There are a total of 10 people in line!

Unless I'm wrong, I though EP was good once per house. Do as many houses as you can first, and only use the EP line as needed to get your extra visits.

Something I've always laughed about. People tend not to use their EP passes properly.

Last year for example, I got to see houses immediately when they opened since my call time wasn't till 7. Walking through the lines at around 530, there were people walking along side me in the EP line. Why?!

There are a total of 10 people in line!

Unless I'm wrong, I though EP was good once per house. Do as many houses as you can first, and only use the EP line as needed to get your extra visits.

I noticed the same thing. Especially if you go in early through IoA I think we were in about 5 or so like you said. We walked right in a few houses last year and didn't need the EP at the time. Once it just started to get dark is when it started to back up and it was good to have EP. We ended up sitting around having a few drinks waiting for it to get dark. Scarezones aren't quite the same with daylight going on.

HHN ticketing information is now being displayed in my Publix. Exciting to see!

Did you happen to peer inside to see what the collectible tickets look like? Or are those displays not up yet? A pic on another forum showed the "Tickets on Sale Here" sign with the burning lantern image we've been seeing...

Did you happen to peer inside to see what the collectible tickets look like? Or are those displays not up yet? A pic on another forum showed the "Tickets on Sale Here" sign with the burning lantern image we've been seeing...

I guess someone wanted to make a new thread for this, but no I didn't see anything different. I asked them

If they knew anything and their response was just the same we all know. "they've told us nothing yet!"

I've had a few inquire about the legitimacy of this. Yes, I bought express passes that were only valid after 11pm. It was worth it since at peak times on a Saturday night, we walked straight into the house. Yes, they say they are only good "one per house" but all greeters were cool with us going two or three times.

We bought it at the front of the park before you head towards Shrek/Jimmy Neutron. There was a stand there that say "Horror Night Express", when we went up to it there was a woman there that said they were sold out for the night and all they had available was Express after 11pm. I'm pretty sure it was about 35 each?!?! (Sorry I can't exactly remember the full price).

Here's what it looked like

Photoon2010-08-31at2152.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Michelle