HHN XX Speculation II

I don't remember which house, I don't know if it was the caretaker's house in 06, But There was a house that had a Room that smelled like dirt really strongly, like fresh dirt, That was my favorite smell, it was really scary too.

I hope they can add the burning smell to the house this year

There was a "greenhouse" in Screamhouse: Resurrection that smelled like dead flowers.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember which house, I don't know if it was the caretaker's house in 06, But There was a house that had a Room that smelled like dirt really strongly, like fresh dirt, That was my favorite smell, it was really scary too.

I hope they can add the burning smell to the house this year

Creatures house in 08 smelled like dirt

I just remembered something.

A while back someone, Chad I think, posted that Universal had renewed their trademark on the name "Festival of the Dead". This led many to suspect and/or hope for a return of the parade this year. These hopes were soon dashed however when it was pointed out quite succinctly that logistics would make the parade nearly impossible to carry off, most notably the gates through which the floats would have to emerge and return backstage would be blocked off by the queue areas for the houses as they now stand.

But now that we know that there will be a scarezone with an apparent Mardi Gras theme in San Francisco it may just be that the name Festival of the Dead has been re-secured by Universal so that they may name this new scarezone in honor of the old parade.

Thus the scarezone would encompass many themes from the original parade which appeared in 1996. Now go to the HHN website in the Legacy section click on Early Years and then click on the first video which shows that first parade from 1996 and what do you see?

A float with a sacrificial victim surrounded by priestesses wrapped in the embrace of snakes decorated with a large African Mask.

A float with Vampires that look like they stepped right out of Anne Rice including one that is a spitting image of Lestat.

A float with Voodoo celebrants worshiping the Snake God Damballa emblazoned with the words "Gris-Gris".

Many parade scareactors including attractive bare chested men and scantily clad ladies dressed as masked demons, witches, skeletons etc. all tossing out Mardi Gras beads.

It was all themed to match a haunted New Orleans Mardi Gras! This could easily be adapted into our new scarezone.

I was on the Voodoo float from 2000 and I adored the way they integrated the floats into the scarezone during the 2004 event. My heart would swell to bursting with love if they did it again.

Edited by Mae

so i was doing some speculatin' on jaws because i have nothing better to do with my time. i did some googling about swingsets and fires etc in horror movies and found some more relations to michael myers (someone earlier said nightmare man may be a reference to him). a huge stretch i know, but figured i'd put it out there.

"As a child, Michael inexplicably murdered his older sister, Judith Myers, on Halloween night. Locked away for his crime, he escaped fifteen years later and embarked on a legendary killing spree in his hometown of Haddonfield. He intended to relive Judith's murder by killing his remaining sister, Laurie Strode, but was stopped by his childhood doctor, Sam Loomis. Believed to have died in a fire, Michael Myers lived on and committed various crimes in the state of Illinois before catching up with Laurie twenty years later. His current wherabouts remain unknown. "

"Knowing that Loomis was tracking his movements, on Halloween, 1989, Michael played a game with his former doctor. He left a clue on Loomis' map pointing to Haddonfield Elementary School. When Loomis showed up at the school with Marion to investigate, he found a wounded dog with a drawing of himself stapled to it. Loomis recognised Michael's attempt to humiliate him; that he was "like a dog, a stupid obedient fool" for answering Michael's call. At the same time, Michael murdered a teacher inside the school. The woman, who had just advised her students to chase their fears away with a smile, was found strung up on a swing set, her face contorted into a twisted smile with barbed wire.[10] In 1991, Michael stalked a young beauty queen who was named "Ms. Haddonfield 1991". Mere moments after she was elected, he attacked her in her dressing room and decapitated her with a knife. Her corpse was found "staring" at itself in her dressing room mirror.[11]"

i honestly doubt the house relates to myers in any way but i thought it was interesting.

and some random stuff i found...

"Valedictorian is an academic title conferred upon the highest ranked student among those graduating from an educational institution. The term is an anglicized derivation of the Latin vale dicere ("to say farewell")"

&

"valedictorian [ˌvælɪdɪkˈtɔːrɪən]

adj also valedictory

1. saying goodbye

2. of or relating to a farewell or an occasion of farewell"

^perhaps maybe one of the final scareactors in the house, instead of being a strictly academic-type role, maybe "valedictorian" refers more to the farewell aspect

horror movie called "nightmare man" : http://www.nightmaremanmovie.com/

list of horror movies with children in them: http://horror.about.com/od/horrortoppicklists/tp/20killerkids.htm

just somethin to chew on~

so i was doing some speculatin' on jaws because i have nothing better to do with my time. i did some googling about swingsets and fires etc in horror movies and found some more relations to michael myers (someone earlier said nightmare man may be a reference to him). a huge stretch i know, but figured i'd put it out there.

"As a child, Michael inexplicably murdered his older sister, Judith Myers, on Halloween night. Locked away for his crime, he escaped fifteen years later and embarked on a legendary killing spree in his hometown of Haddonfield. He intended to relive Judith's murder by killing his remaining sister, Laurie Strode, but was stopped by his childhood doctor, Sam Loomis. Believed to have died in a fire, Michael Myers lived on and committed various crimes in the state of Illinois before catching up with Laurie twenty years later. His current wherabouts remain unknown. "

"Knowing that Loomis was tracking his movements, on Halloween, 1989, Michael played a game with his former doctor. He left a clue on Loomis' map pointing to Haddonfield Elementary School. When Loomis showed up at the school with Marion to investigate, he found a wounded dog with a drawing of himself stapled to it. Loomis recognised Michael's attempt to humiliate him; that he was "like a dog, a stupid obedient fool" for answering Michael's call. At the same time, Michael murdered a teacher inside the school. The woman, who had just advised her students to chase their fears away with a smile, was found strung up on a swing set, her face contorted into a twisted smile with barbed wire.[10] In 1991, Michael stalked a young beauty queen who was named "Ms. Haddonfield 1991". Mere moments after she was elected, he attacked her in her dressing room and decapitated her with a knife. Her corpse was found "staring" at itself in her dressing room mirror.[11]"

i honestly doubt the house relates to myers in any way but i thought it was interesting.

and some random stuff i found...

"Valedictorian is an academic title conferred upon the highest ranked student among those graduating from an educational institution. The term is an anglicized derivation of the Latin vale dicere ("to say farewell")"

&

"valedictorian [ˌvælɪdɪkˈtɔːrɪən]

adj also valedictory

1. saying goodbye

2. of or relating to a farewell or an occasion of farewell"

^perhaps maybe one of the final scareactors in the house, instead of being a strictly academic-type role, maybe "valedictorian" refers more to the farewell aspect

horror movie called "nightmare man" : http://www.nightmaremanmovie.com/

list of horror movies with children in them: http://horror.about.com/od/horrortoppicklists/tp/20killerkids.htm

just somethin to chew on~

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing a Michael Myers house I don't think we will see that this year. I am hoping for the previously mentioned Cindy house in the jaws area.

Well I think we can cast votes on what we think this will be, but no necessarily rule out a Halloween house. I mean I know Hollywood used him last year and I haven't heard about any big contractual disputes over using Meyers. Just as with the NLC characters they were used in Hollywood after here, maybe we get a piece of Meyers?? And this could be coming to mind just beacause I would LOVE to see Michael get his own house here, he only got a portion of a house in 13, not enough due respect for one of the leaders of the slasher era!

Well I think we can cast votes on what we think this will be, but no necessarily rule out a Halloween house. I mean I know Hollywood used him last year and I haven't heard about any big contractual disputes over using Meyers. Just as with the NLC characters they were used in Hollywood after here, maybe we get a piece of Meyers?? And this could be coming to mind just beacause I would LOVE to see Michael get his own house here, he only got a portion of a house in 13, not enough due respect for one of the leaders of the slasher era!

Don't forget his random appearance in Where evil hides in 2005. He wasn't exactly advertized as being the big man himself, in fact they airbrushed the terra cruentas symbol in the middle of his fore head probably to avoid a lawsuit. The house definately didn't do him justice.

Don't forget his random appearance in Where evil hides in 2005. He wasn't exactly advertized as being the big man himself, in fact they airbrushed the terra cruentas symbol in the middle of his fore head probably to avoid a lawsuit. The house definately didn't do him justice.

Whoops good call!! I didn't make it to 05 but I did hear about it.

I just remembered something.

A while back someone, Chad I think, posted that Universal had renewed their trademark on the name "Festival of the Dead". This led many to suspect and/or hope for a return of the parade this year. These hopes were soon dashed however when it was pointed out quite succinctly that logistics would make the parade nearly impossible to carry off, most notably the gates through which the floats would have to emerge and return backstage would be blocked off by the queue areas for the houses as they now stand.

But now that we know that there will be a scarezone with an apparent Mardi Gras theme in San Francisco it may just be that the name Festival of the Dead has been re-secured by Universal so that they may name this new scarezone in honor of the old parade.

Thus the scarezone would encompass many themes from the original parade which appeared in 1996. Now go to the HHN website in the Legacy section click on Early Years and then click on the first video which shows that first parade from 1996 and what do you see?

Many parade scareactors including attractive bare chested men and scantily clad ladies dressed as masked demons, witches, skeletons etc. all tossing out Mardi Gras beads.

It was all themed to match a haunted New Orleans Mardi Gras! This could easily be adapted into our new scarezone.

Definitely think you are on the right track plus it fits the area well. Its the type of scarezone that could take having a huge crowd move through it without disruption.

the only problem with a michael myers house is that it would be too much out of its element. The scares in the original movie at least were not really from him jumpiing out of nowhere, it was sort of like the strangers where this faceless being is invading your space, plus the movie really wasnt that graphic minus the dud with the glasses.