Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice Speculation

Thats actually Brian Brushwood?... You have two seperate shows at HHN or in Orlando?

I thought one was at HHN & the other somewhere else... Or is Menace one show, & Malice another?

If I remember correctly, Brian explains that they are two different shows and that if you see Menace from beginning to end then go back for Malice it will be a different show.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one have never seen Brian as I live in England and can only get across every so often for HHN. This year I will be able to check out the shows and I'm looking forward to them, I hated Rocky Horror and Bill and Ted was a bit cheesy for me, although I will give it another go. It is nice to see something different this year for those of us that haven't seen Brian. I think a lot of people on the forum's need to understand that we/you are just a handful of people out of thousands, and I believe most members of the general public who attend the event will also watch Brian's shows.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the show but try not to bash the guy too much for repeating an act, I'm sure with the kind of thing Brian does, he can't exactly reveal his full hand of ideas and tricks to the audiences by changing every show, this way he would have a very short career. He needs to be able to hold a certain amount of material back for future years to prolong his career. If you're reading Brian, good luck and I hope the shows are a success.

I really don't care if we see the same stuff we've seen before - he's sticking a pipe through his head and sending water out his mouth! How can anyone get sick of that??

...but who knows: I may bring the RB2 setup anyway.

Dude, if you bring Rock Band, shotgun drums! That'd be too awesome.

I'm actually trying to think of some cool ways to reward the hardcore forum posters out there... like maybe hiding a stash of free t-shirts and DVD's somewhere in the park, and tweeting out clues where they might be found...

...would you guys be interested in that kind of thing?

I'm not going to lie, I really want a Mr. Happy Pants Shirt.

Im really not excited for the Brian Brushwood show. I didnt get to see him the years I've gone, but people I've spoken to said it was just a waste of time. I do mourn the loss of our, pretty much beloved, RHPS. However, if it means having a show that will lessen crowds and one less show I feel the need to go to, which of course makes time for more houses ;), then I am All for it

Officer Friendly there looks like he's trying not to smile. But I would like to say I respect the fact that you are on here to reassure us that you are truly going to bring us a great expierience this year. I saw your show the first year you were at HHN and I loved it. I will admit the second year I was a little dissapointed to see some of the same stuff but since I was with a group that had never seen your show before it was still fun. I have a FFPP so you can count on me being at both shows to check it out. Might even stay after to say hey. Oh and I love the idea of leaving secret stashes around the park. I will be searching for them!

Oh, yeah-- the officer was totally trying not to smirk.

You are definitely my favorite magician, Your so down to earth and do stuff like make an account on a forum just to talk to the fans. I think that's an awesome thing for some one to do! B)

Glad you dig it. Anyone who entertains for a living has the best job in the entire world, and I figure we owe it all to fans like you guys. (So maybe I go a little overboard in trying to connect with them... maybe I'm like the Kevin Smith of Magic).

Im really not excited for the Brian Brushwood show. I didnt get to see him the years I've gone, but people I've spoken to said it was just a waste of time. I do mourn the loss of our, pretty much beloved, RHPS. However, if it means having a show that will lessen crowds and one less show I feel the need to go to, which of course makes time for more houses ;), then I am All for it

Oh, hey-- that's a good point. If you haven't seen it before, here's the kind of stuff I do:

Oh, hey-- that's a good point. If you haven't seen it before, here's the kind of stuff I do:

Good shit sir. I haven't gotten the chance to see you perform at HHN before but I'm looking forward to the show this year. I was never a fan of the RHPS. Way too played out and I feel like people only say it's "OMG SO AMAZING" because everyone else does. It's good, but not as good as people play it out to be. Looking forward to seeing something new (well, to me) and I'll definitely pop by to say what's up once or twice :)

And as for communicating with the fans, major kudos. Not many performers go out of their way to do that. Very cool.

Edit: Double kudos for putting some Pendulum in that short montage.

Forgive me if this was answered during the stream (I didn't watch the stream. Sorry :( ) but I'm wondering. Does anyone know if both "Menace" and "Malice" shows happen every night of the event or if one show is on peak nights and the other is on non-peak nights?

YES! both Menace and Malice will run every single night.The plan is that you should be able to watch one, then immediately come back and watch the other.

I enjoyed Brian's shows in 2007 and 2008, although of course I enjoyed 2007 much more as in 2008 it was largely the same show.

I personally still stand by my statement on the Vault three years ago that the Captain Howdy effect in the show was the single biggest scare of HHN 2007.

I am looking forward to this very much, and am glad the the old tradition of magic shows being a part of HHN continues, I am certain that these shows will be so much better than the Pendragons act at Fright Nights in 1991!

After watching the Web Cast, it made me very excited for your show this year. At first when i heard about it, i thought it was gonna be the same show i watched about 4-5 times but im glad You/Brian have something new for us to enjoy and we thank you for that.

Cant wait to see it!

Edited by NowYouKnowJack

YES! both Menace and Malice will run every single night.The plan is that you should be able to watch one, then immediately come back and watch the other.

I was only able to catch your show in 2008 but have been a huge fan of your Scam School since it started. I greatly enjoy your work, sir, and congratulate you.

I must also thank you for all the "free" beers!

I just wanted to chime in real quick on this thread for what all of my two cents is worth (approx retail value .001 of a cent, not redeamable in most locations).

I am yet to see Brian perform at the HHN events,(or anywhere for that matter) and in fact, the event is what actually made me first hear of him. Mind you, I didn't know what to think when I first heard, because on here and a couple other places, it was "awww, Brian sux" etc. so i didn't know what to expect.

After browsing his website, watching some of the demo reels, and then listening to the Menace/Malice webcast, I was first really impressed with the way he presented himself, the material, and how he is pretty much just as big of a fanboy/geeking out as any of us in here.

Then Brian goes and starts commenting in the forums himself, and I have to say, without having seen a show, I do absoultly respect you, and really wish I might get a chance to sneak out of my cage (I said nothing....keep moving on) to get to see the show. So, from a guy who is going to be busy performing on the other side of the pond, I wish you the greatest of times during the show run. If you have a chance to sneak out over our way, I'll do what I can to scare the crap out of you.

K, that's my two cents, off to do learning stuff.

I know this has been said on here before but Brian for you to come on here and post is a really cool thing to do. You have gotten alot of heat from this forum and others (myself included). For you to come on and face that directly is a really stand up thing to do. I planned on checking out both shows but now I am truly excited to do so. If others in my group allow me to I will be stopping afterwards to talk to you. I must say I really liked the show in 2008 but knowing it was done before at HHN was a let down. I also need to say I am extremely happy that your back compared to RHPS. You wanna talk about doing the same thing every year that is the show that should be pointed out. I also like the idea of hiding things around the park and tweeting about it but if you don't do that I would never hold it against you since that could get expensive. I look forward to seeing you perform and hopefully meeting you at the end of one of the shows.