HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

So if your ABU can you show up more nights than your 5? Is that common?

Yes, you can show up as many nights as you want but have to show up 5. You may not get cast all of the nights you show up, but they still count towards your five.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all your answers. i'm new at this obviously, so you guys are helping a lot.

a lot of you are saying cast b signed in at 7. i was placed on cast b, and when i got my role phone call, i was told that sign in was 5:45. was i misinformed, or is sign-in house/street dependent? or was this possibly just for rehersals?

a lot of you are saying cast b signed in at 7. i was placed on cast b, and when i got my role phone call, i was told that sign in was 5:45. was i misinformed, or is sign-in house/street dependent? or was this possibly just for rehersals?

Sign-in can be different for every street/house. Some of the houses over in kidzone area open early the first few weeks for passholders for instance so they are open before the event even technically begins. Some street casts don't go out until after the park is already open.

Whatever you were told on the phone call is correct. If they said 5:45 sign in that's what your sign-in is.

Call times vary depending on where you are cast. I was in Horrorwood cast B last year, my call time was 7:15, and I never opened nor closed. Call times for MOST streets are later than houses, because typically, streets aren't populated with scareactors until closer to dark, with some exceptions. I not only had time to see houses before my call time, I often walked through one or two on my way out, depending on how tired I was. Do not count on this being the case for you. If you are, it's really nice, and if it isn't, you get more hours and make more money because of it.

Well here's a point is I'm in b-79(early open house) and I'm cast B and my earliest call time I was told will be 5:30.

Yes that is because parade building is one of the houses that opens for passholder preview/early access.

Well, I finally got my notification - looks like I won't be joining you all this year. I wish I knew why. :( Scare the pants off of them for me!!

They gave you a notification that you didn't get it? Why didn't they tell you the night of your audition? Or are you internal?

They gave you a notification that you didn't get it? Why didn't they tell you the night of your audition? Or are you internal?

No, I was applying for a technical position (Makeup Artist), and because of the way they build the teams, we don't find out who they've picked for two weeks after my interview. I'm very bummed out about it, but it won't stop me from applying again next year!!

No, I was applying for a technical position (Makeup Artist), and because of the way they build the teams, we don't find out who they've picked for two weeks after my interview. I'm very bummed out about it, but it won't stop me from applying again next year!!

I see, I am sorry to hear that you didn't get it. I do hope you get it next year tho. :D

Red Phoenix... My wife also applied for a Make-Up Artist position on the second audition date and didn't make it. We later found out, through the Artistic Director for Universal (pretty good authority) that they only hired 2 new artists, everyone else was a rehire from the previous years. If you didn't this year, be sure for next year that you are literally the first in line at the first open audition next year for Make-Up Artists. There is some steep competition, so be sure you have your airbrushing and other techniques well developed and appropriately displayed in your portfolio.

I've talked to several artists that have worked for Universal (Kyle Vest, Brian and Nick Wolfe) and they all agreed that working the simpler concepts (Aging, Skulls, Zombie, Wounds/Bruising/Skin Damage, Vampire, Whore etc) and getting those down 110% will be your best bet for having what they are looking for. Hope that helps!

I got my call last week. I am Active Backup again for the 3rd year. Believe it or not, I actually love AB. I'm never in the same role twice and I get to meet pretty much everyone here one way or another. Look forward to scaring with you all!

• 3 weeks later...

there was a rumor amongst co-workers who were signed off for HHN that it was happening... I was just curious to see if it were true.

Meh, it might've for some. I know a lot of people got thier original calls before I did from the reunion. I was kind of at the end of the first round of calls, in fact, it was the NEXT wednesday, so I'm not in any rush to get this call. I'm hoping it's before the 12th. lol. Otherwise for all I'll know I'll show up for rehersals and everything will have changed. Just been picking up hours in the meantime.