HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

Same thing happened to me! I called HR today, they said they haven't been making calls and will resume calling people on Wednesday. So I guess either call them on Wednesday or wait to see if they call you.

They did finally call me back yesterday, but at 10:30 in the morning. I was like, "Don't they know people are usually at work at 10:30 am on a Monday, but I just call them back, so it wasn't a big deal. Me and Giant are on the same cast and it's a badass one to boot, so I am looking forward to working this year, as I do every year. But if I were you, if they don't call you tomorrow, call the information hotline on the paper they gave you after you cast. Not saying you have to, for those people that are going to say don't, that's just what I did. Real quick though, this will be my last year as I am joining the Navy in May 2011, so it's a good role to end on. :D

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got cast!!! I was #512 and i got there at like 1:45, and it was flipping crazy, the line when i left at 7:45 or so, but im super excited to get cast and look forward to be scaring with yall in Sept/Oct, man it feels good to say that!!

I got cast!!! I was #512 and i got there at like 1:45, and it was flipping crazy, the line when i left at 7:45 or so, but im super excited to get cast and look forward to be scaring with yall in Sept/Oct, man it feels good to say that!!

Congrats Gator, as nervous and excited as you were to get cast, I am glad to here that you were. If you need anything, let me know. Let me be the first to welcome you to the HHN Family. :D

Congrats to those who were cast today, and condolences to those who weren't!

I showed up for my makeup artist interview about 5:15, and the line was actually more insane than I thought it was going to be. The interview only took about 15 minutes, which had me a bit concerned, but with as many people as they have to see, maybe I shouldn't be worried! I won't know for 2 weeks if I'm in or not, though. Eeeeep! I hate waiting.

I was number 520 got cast and ya the line when I left was outrageous I doubt they're will be another audition and they said before starting that they were 69percent cast already!!!

I was at the reunion audition and have been cast already. No call as to what role, but I'm not expecting one for several weeks.

On another note...I know a lot of you heard about the event being 69% cast, but don't let that discourage you. When I went to my original audition in 2008, it was the 2nd open audition and they told us ahead of time that the event was already 90% cast. Low and behold, I was cast that very same night. They tell the applicants that because they want to give the applicants a realistic expectation of their chances and that they need to really be on their game to make it. In the end it is personality and type casting. HHN is not for the wallflowers, no matter how much you may love the event. Best of luck to all who audition!

Remember to just be yourself and have fun! Step out of your shell and make the most of whatever prompt they give you! Last but not least...never forget...DO NOT APPROACH THE TABLE! ;)

I just talked to a few more applicants from yesterday and they said the Uni Team said that 60% of those who auditioned last week were cast. If there were 480 at that audition that would make the number cast roughly 288. We've also heard they are trying to cast around 1000+ scareactors/stilt walkers.

With the way this event has run in the past, they will need at least that many this year because so many scareactors quit midway through the event. The amount of patrons that will come to this event will probably be more than in years past purely for the draw of the 20th Year factor. With that in mind, the will want to ensure they have enough cast overhead to cover the eventual loss of scareactors that occurs EVERY year.

It gets so bad sometimes that whole rooms in houses and sections of scare zones are completely empty. It's really sad, especially when you have to try and solo a room or area.

Jordan, don't let not being cast yesterday discourage you; I wasn't cast my first audition last year either, and if it wasn't for C_D's encouragement, I never would have gone back, but I did, was cast, had a fabulous time, met many new friends, and have continued working for Universal in the special events department. Please try again next week. I think you'd be a great scareactor, and sometimes they just don't have all the roles fleshed out or whatever.

When I got there last night about 5:45, I walked the line, and someone was handing out #1075. That is far more than showed up last year, because at my first auditon, I was 494, and one of the first in line at open auditions, and at my second audition, when I got cast, I think I was the 4th or 5th person in line, and I was #948. Nothing beats that feeling of knowing you got that job you really wanted. Just ask Jake; he was there with me, and there was much hugging, yelling, and cheering when we all realized we would be working HHN.

I believe last year they cast about 900 people, and I expect they'll need at least that many this year, so keep on trying!

I just talked to a few more applicants from yesterday and they said the Uni Team said that 60% of those who auditioned last week were cast. If there were 480 at that audition that would make the number cast roughly 288. We've also heard they are trying to cast around 1000+ scareactors/stilt walkers.

you misunderstood... they said they were 60% cast... not meaning they cast 60% of the people who showed up at reunions...

they cast closer to 90% of them... so at least 400+ already cast.

what they meant was that they have completed 60% of casting. meaning they only need to cast 40% more...

I am over the top thrilled to say that I was hired for costuming last night :D So wonderful to be working for Universal once again!

So I'm sure that I will be working with many of you this year! :)

Congrats to everyone who was cast last night...the countdown begins!

Either way...even if they are 99% cast...people who have not auditioned should go because there is always a chance to make it. They are more likely to overhire than underhire. Don't stop trying until they cancel the auditions...bottom line.

Let's just hope everyone who wants to at least gets a chance to audition. It's a fun experience anyway. Wish you all the best!

I am over the top thrilled to say that I was hired for costuming last night :D So wonderful to be working for Universal once again!

So I'm sure that I will be working with many of you this year! :)

Congrats to everyone who was cast last night...the countdown begins!

Congrats! Hope to see ya out there :D

As far as the 60% cast, I'm sure that just was in reference to permanent roles...many of those parts do get cast the first night. They always need ABU's and FC because people turn roles down or drop out all the time. Many ABU's end up being cast in permanent roles due to dropouts before or during the event. Keep auditioning until they stop holding them!!! Don't give up those who haven't been cast yet!

They did finally call me back yesterday, but at 10:30 in the morning. I was like, "Don't they know people are usually at work at 10:30 am on a Monday, but I just call them back, so it wasn't a big deal. Me and Giant are on the same cast and it's a badass one to boot, so I am looking forward to working this year, as I do every year. But if I were you, if they don't call you tomorrow, call the information hotline on the paper they gave you after you cast. Not saying you have to, for those people that are going to say don't, that's just what I did. Real quick though, this will be my last year as I am joining the Navy in May 2011, so it's a good role to end on. :D

Man!! I still haven't gotten my call yet! I called the number and left a voicemail :( I hate the waiting!