HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

If La Llorana is the main icon, I'll be soooo happy if Universal put up some originality! As much as I would like La Llorana to be the main icon, I don't think it's extremely likely, but hey it could happen! Hobbz said during the auditions Murdy said a whole maze hasn't been filled yet and they're looking for some Spanish-speaking women. Plus, scarezones never get their own spot on the TT, but mazes did! Remember the rock walls spotted at the WWW exit in the construction photos? Trees in the construction area? "Foam mine shaft box?" On top of that, didn't Murdy say somewhere that the WWW maze would be the icon maze? What movie icons outside of Ghostface, Pinhead, Sam Hein, Freddy, or Jigsaw do you know of that could take the cake as the icon? The evidence is all but too good. I'm so happy if Murdy does do this and doesn't try to shove a horror movie down our throats!

Edited by Freakazoid

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La llorona is the icon? I don't think so why I have a gut feeling that she s isn't didn't murdy say that she only had a scarezone and spot on terror tram but a maze about her that's a lil to much. But then again I could be wrong :|

hmmmm

well think about it like this

Bloody Mary = Urban Legend

La Llorona = old folk tail/urban legend

both with a resemblence in stories

and both are out for revenge

to me honestly it seems like a complete joke if she was to be our icon

then again

if murdy does things....god help us...right

she could be the New Hollywood Version of BM

look at the resemblance they both have a very detailed look

308axjk.jpg

image i got from the video

whh5jc.jpg

vhu82d.jpg

could we be seeing her like this?

and if soo.....ahah LEGENDARY TRUTH HERE WE COME!!! :DDDD

Edited by StevenForTmrw

Let's start a betting pool on what the WWW arena maze will be (Which I'm assuming will be announced next). La Llonara icon maze is what I'm putting my money on. I mean, She has a spot on the TT, her own scarezone AND a poster of her during the auditions so that's gotta be it!

Here's what it looks like as far as mazes go: (** means rumored)

-Vampyr: Castle of the Dead (HoH)

-Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses: 3D (T2 queue)

-La Llonara: Legacy of the Dead** (WWW arena)

-Wolfman: The Full Moon Terror** (Shrek queue)

-????? (Lower Lot)

Honestly, I don't think I would expect Saw back since it really wouldn't fit in with the line-up very much. That's just me.

Here's what it looks like as far as mazes go: (** means rumored)

-Vampyr: Castle of the Dead (HoH)

-Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses: 3D (T2 queue)

-La Llonara: Legacy of the Dead** (WWW arena)

-Wolfman: The Full Moon Terror** (Shrek queue)

-????? (Lower Lot)

Honestly, I don't think I would expect Saw back since it really wouldn't fit in with the line-up very much. That's just me.

well now that murdy has said that she wont be the icon

which i for one would be a little happy :P

im still a bit scared on what exactly we could expect :/

You guys are funny that you don't realize that that picture IS Bloody Mary just switched around and darkened.

Anywho, she's probably at the end of the video and on that billboard because it's the only thing they've announced so far worth talking about because people are TERRIFIED of that story more than any movie. Showing that she'll be at the event will have people hopping the border just to see this (hey, it's possible, lol). It's just something in the mean time to promote the event because they can't do much else. La Llorona is the only thing I'm actually excited about this year so far but in no way would I enjoy her being icon/theme or a maze out of it.

And I have no idea why you guys are getting excited over a maze about it either when we just got our ONLY original maze to come out this year, TODAY. Meaning another one is NOT possible. Unless there's some popular La Llorona movie that came out in the last 4 decades that I somehow missed.

As for themes that I, Trevler and horror lover were talking about: I know they weren't full out, plotted movie themes that from one area to the next it was going to develop but a loose threaded plot mixed with misc. worked for me for Saw and Nightmare on Elm Street. I made it up in my mind that Saw some how created all the horrors at the event and pit us in these movie moments and other macabre as tests. I made it up in my mind Freddy Krueger created a nightmare of the scariest movie villains and other horrors to run free in the theme park. The Terror Tram sets up the story/plot/theme of the event. I'm not saying this year is completely ruined already but as of now, it's hard to put the puzzle pieces together. But I just like things to seem a bit more consistant like having the opening area and another scarezone dedicated to the theme, along with the Terror Tram. But now I hear the opening area is vampires, so that throws me off a bit and changes things. Hopefully every jigsaw piece ;) comes together soon.

Edited by DTH316

I think every knew that its bloody mary since you can also see where they edited the mirror scars out, I just dont see why your condeming the most un movie related event since 06 just cuz they spelled Vampire with a Y and its in HOH Im just happy they didnt decide to mix it with another Uni movie and call it "Drag me To House of Horrors" because of how little they wrote her name on the picture Im guessing she's just a small part and will most likely show up on cups

for the record... Drag Me to the House of Horrors sounds awesome.... lmao

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I prefer movie mazes. I love going within my favorite horror films. Original ones are cool but it's nowhere near as cool as coming face to face with something I was a fan of. It may get the scares, the atmosphere and the fun factor down but nothing compares to walking through Michael Myers' living room. I prefer that over anything. I prefer those characters also, even if thrown in random environments like The Strangers, or Chucky or what I was semi hoping for, The Wolfman in the HOH this year.

House of Horrors is a collection of films and should be treated as so. Not be made up to pretend it's anything else because when I see those familiar moments, it's distracting and takes me out of the supposed "original" theme.

The Y thing is just a pet peeve, it just looks dumb to me and it's hard to take serious in my subconscious. Don't know why, just is, lol

Edited by DTH316

Bloody Mary with her scars photoshopped out and a little bit of a hair alteration there, actually..

Orlando's HHN has had a few Vampire-with-a-Y titled houses and spin-off scarezones for their originals, I'm not really surprised that Hollywood would follow in this little tradition either... although it was spelled Vampyr then. Just an alternate spelling, stemmed from another language... and used in the title of a movie from the 30's, 'Vampyr".

So there we are, the vampire legend from literary origins and made into countless movies. What's up next for release, Murdy?

Onca, I feel America got it right with the -IRE ending. Makes the word that more awesome looking like the type of creatures they are. It's like Zombye. It just looks stupid, lol

Or Invysible Man. Frankensteyn. Or in the reverse case, The Mummie.

Maybe it's because I've studied writing for so long and how words are meant to look and have impact on paper; 'y's are just regarded soft.

The origin is understandable, but the continued usage of it bugs me.

Edited by DTH316

for the record... Drag Me to the House of Horrors sounds awesome.... lmao

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I prefer movie mazes. I love going within my favorite horror films. Original ones are cool but it's nowhere near as cool as coming face to face with something I was a fan of. It may get the scares, the atmosphere and the fun factor down but nothing compares to walking through Michael Myers' living room. I prefer that over anything. I prefer those characters also, even if thrown in random environments like The Strangers, or Chucky or what I was semi hoping for, The Wolfman in the HOH this year.

House of Horrors is a collection of films and should be treated as so. Not be made up to pretend it's anything else because when I see those familiar moments, it's distracting and takes me out of the supposed "original" theme.

The Y thing is just a pet peeve, it just looks dumb to me and it's hard to take serious in my subconscious. Don't know why, just is, lol

im on the positive side of this

even though Murdy has and will always claim USH as "Movie Based Horrors" he'll always have his sense of originallity

dont get me wrong

i LOVED the movie mazes we've had, but at the same time i would DIEEE for Original Mazes

i know for a fact Murdy must be looking at this site

i know for sure he use to check the vault

and hes been listening when people have said "We Want Original Mazes"

and this is what hes brought us, a maze that has been Spawned out 5 times now over HHNO and now HHNH

hes trying to test out more originality so he can create more Original Themes

instead of ONLY movie monsters/slashers etc

honestly im giving Murdy props on this one

hes giving us what we want

we wanted Bloody Mary 2 years ago but he signed the deal with New Line and with Lionsgate/Twisted Pictures

so this is his shot to give us our OWN Bloody Mary without having to deal with any legal action from her owners

by giving us the story of La Llorona and making her appearance much similar to that of BM

with that said im hoping...just hoping

that by next year we'll have ourselves an Original Icon as well as 2 or more Original Mazes :)

who knows there could be one waiting in store this year :D

New maze announced fuckin Freddy is backk!!!!!! Wow nevr saw this coming!!!! Announced officaly by hhn's facebook and bloody disgusting!! Wow honestly I did not see this coming.

Edited by LeO