HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

OK so I take it from all the responses that everyone is happy for NOES right..... anyone...anyone....

Oh Well, let's talk about the Go Gos :) Murdy indicated that they will be themed to NOES. Freddy's Fly Girls coming back? Hopefully something more scantily clad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya i saw the trailer while i was seeing vampires suck, btw WHY are you guys complaining about Freddy being the icon we are not even sure if freddy is really all murdy has confirmed is that he is the main MARKETING icon, like i said before does anyone remember HHNO 2005 when the main marketing icon was the storyteller but the REAL main icon was the terra queen anyone?

Ya i saw the trailer while i was seeing vampires suck, btw WHY are you guys complaining about Freddy being the icon we are not even sure if freddy is really all murdy has confirmed is that he is the main MARKETING icon, like i said before does anyone remember HHNO 2005 when the main marketing icon was the storyteller but the REAL main icon was the terra queen anyone?

I belive murdy said he was the main icon in another tweet

I think I'm at the point of acceptance. Freddy is back and theres nothing we can do about it. We have pages and pages of bitching (which I contributed to) all we can hope for is that this is the last we see of Freddy. (F13 & TCM for that matter too)

But I'm still optimistic for the last 2 mazes. Hoping and praying that they arent F13 & TCM.

I think I'm at the point of acceptance. Freddy is back and theres nothing we can do about it. We have pages and pages of bitching (which I contributed to) all we can hope for is that this is the last we see of Freddy. (F13 & TCM for that matter too)

But I'm still optimistic for the last 2 mazes. Hoping and praying that they arent F13 & TCM.

or Saw. <_<

Guys, remember the hints given in March?

Hint #1: "Scream, stab, stab, chop, gurgle, plop."

Hint #2: Original take. Origins in literature.

hints three and four have already had maze releases. I would assume HoTC was "Bloody, very bloody" and NoES had "teenagers in it and a mad killer." If that's the case, then I just don't see Saw returning. Number one could be Friday, but the gurgle plop thing is really throwing me off.

Cheer up guys. Even if this year does go down in flames with repeats, we have Scream and Hellraiser next year to look forward to. ;)

I thought we all agreed that hit number one was just Murdy joke I doubt that any of the mazes will be psycho at this point.

Like I said do I hate the fact that freddys back and its the Roshach Freddy?.....Yes with a passion

Will I still go and have Fun?..........Hell Yes

all Im saying is it could of been WAY better and The GP would of been exactly the same.

Edited by Grindhousehero13

I don't know grindhouse I really do think that psycho will be a maze, simply because it is the fiftieth anniversary but who knows at this point we have had to mazes out of the blue already(HOTC and vampyrs or whatever its called) I don't thikn we will have TCM or F13

so i just went throught about 5 pages of stuff that should have probably been in the NOES thread but anyways im just going to put my 2 cents into this...

you guys have to understand that in this kind of business majority rules...

Murdy hasnt sold his soal to the devil and such for bringing NOES back aha xD

he's doing what is going to attract more guests

which obviously was freddy this year

we still have 2 more mazes to be released and lets just hope that they really impress you guys...

NOES is actually quickly growing on me...

i know im gonna get endless facepalms for that but im gonna give it a try

i mean you guys probably havnt guessed but i havnt actually been to HHN before ;)

just done TONS and TONS and TONS of research lol

so everything is new to me so i guess i cant really see where you guys are coming from but still i understand that you guys dont want repeats

but HHN is for having funn and i know you guys are the TRUE TRUE fans that obsess over the event and its a big part of your life, but you have to also understand that HHNH is still pretty much a baby and for right now they have to use the movies that will attract the most guests until they become more and more popular then they can start expanding to original ideas and more mazes ya know what i mean?

its still going to be an awesome event despite the repeat of freddy but i dont think murdy can stress ENOUGH how much it is a completely NEW maze based on the remake.

which brings me to...

i know majority on here did not like the remake,

i have not been able to see it yet :\

but a maze is a completely different feel than sitting in a seat and watching a movie.

even if the movie was crap and wasnt "scary"

the maze is like being in the characters positions in the film.

just a couple of things for you guys to think about before you start protesting with torches and pitchforks ;)

Im still getting my pitchfork but we understand it the money over everything and no matter what thats the deal maker but thats why were so pist I know me, and Electro went through this exact same thing in 08 and thats when had high hopes of HHNH turning out like Orlando when we saw they got Bloody Mary and thinking we were still doing joint events we were so just happy........then the white man landed and attack the natives we got Freddy again! if theres any justice in the world Jason would walk out of his maze go into Freddy's maze and kick him in the balls you wanna know how we feel go to the orlando side and tell them you think Jack The Clown should be Icon next year

Freddy is officialy our Jack The Clown

Alright, I just wanna point something out MAJORLY flawed with surveys, ESPECIALLY on years where a major character is absent

You're going to an event for the first time, you hit up Saw, Halloween, MBV and Chucky and you're asked by someone, "hey, what do you wanna see? Freddy or Jason?" You're instantly gonna go "guy in hockey mask who is cool but not all that interesting or guy who creates insane nightmares that I could walk through and kill me, OH FREDDY."

Okay, you picturing that? Good

Now say you're going to an event for the first time, you hit up let's say NOES, F13, TCM and The Strangers and you're asked by someone, "hey, what do you wanna see? Jigsaw or Michael Myers?" Well whoa whoa whoa whoa, of course Michael Myers, I love him!

It's a repeating cycle. Whatever is not there is going to be the thing wanted because it's still fresh to new guests. Keep running business this way, and it'll forever be a merry go round of mazes going in circles until the event is old enough to where it's as popular as Knotts and they become like us, wanting new material and they stop and go, "wait a minute, where's a Scream maze?! Or a Hellraiser maze? *rest of crowd joins in* Yeah, where's that at?!"

JUST something to think about.

It was definitely more open ended than that, Trevler. But I'm just saying, in your mind looking at list of let's say, 10 horror movies, the most popular ones are going to stick out and it might as well be between those two and of course the GP will choose those because, hey, why wouldn't that sound cool to have Freddy, Jason, or Michael Myers at the event, right? I mean, especially if you've never been through them? I just think it's a flawed system.

If the question was presented that way.

I didnt take a gsat (duh) but I believe it was more open ended then that. Can anyone who did a survey confirm or deny?

I took both surveys last year

1.The Email there several version from what I hear and mine was like this, first it asked what horror movies I would like to see in the future, there were alot but since it limited to 3 I chose Trick' R' Treat Resident Evil and 30 Days of night, then it asked if a maze should return pick 2 I picked MBV and Strangers

2. The on site surveys they asked way too much questions about the 08 event and asked if I knew about Freddy and Jason so of corse Im gonna yes but not if I wanted them back or not.

I was scanning through John Murdys twitter and i noticed that he has been heavily refrencing about how Chucky wants to get revenge on HHN guests. I'm really starting to think that we could quite possibly see a Childs Play Maze this year :) , In the lower lot; & a Wolfman Maze in the WildWildWest Stunt Show area. Im wishing so much that it turns out to be like that !

Thats would make this years event over the top. :D

What do you guy's think about that theory ?

Edited by Danny

Child's Play is possible with the rumors of a window and a fireplace. If I remember correctly, Chucky was thrown out a window and burned in the first movie alone lol and that would be two AWESOME scares.

Seriously, a Child's Play maze would redeem this NOES fiasco.

And Wolfman, as underwhelming as it would be to me, would please all of you guys so in turn would make me a bit more happy and at least that would make for 3 awesome mazes to look forward to -

CHUCKY, WOLFMAN and HOTC

By that point, NOES would kinda just be a bonus

Vampyre would just be a cool after thought.

But seriously, when Chucky gets his own maze, I want him to be icon. That would OWN.

Just having Wolfman as a maze experience more closer to the movie would make me happier... and I'm still hoping it's on the Lower Lot, mine shafts really don't fit much in the environments. Not even the Talbot crypt. I'm probably not returning to Uni until construction is finished and the event begins, anyway.

I would see Chucky taking over the Terror Tram, what better way to exact his revenge on us than luring us out into the open and try to get us out there? We only know that La Llorona has for whatever reason wandered out into the wilderness to continue to stalk us. But what about the other sections? The tunnel? How much further can our trek be extended?

Still, I'm glad I'm taking that 4-Night foray into HHNO for this year.. gonna be SO much more happier, I hope.

Well the second hint Murdy gave was "Origins in literature, original take." I wonder if it's an original maze on warewolves? Just wild speculation. If that's the case, I would've rather seen the maze based on the movie, but hey, it involves warewolves so that will have to do.