HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

WOW. I'm very underwhelmed. It won't be too bad for me since I haven't seen the original Freddy and Jason mazes but really? A third year? That right there tells me Murdy's waaaay too safe. Good thing I'm bailing out to Orlando though. :D I just feel soooooooo cheated waiting all that time to find out Freddy and Jason are coming back and most likely Saw! <_< Oh well. The main factor is that I'm going to enjoy this year regardless.

With that said, if Wolfie's not showing up this year, I'm just going to cry!

ooo ooo ooo when you go can you get me a lanyard and i'll pay you in cash :DDD

its only like 10$ :D

and honestly im just hoping this maze wont dissapoint us

but i am gonna be pretty stoaked on some of the killing scenes >:D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further more Box Office facts

All movies with werewolves -

TOTAL (All Movies): $1,048,614,254

All the NOES films -

TOTAL: $370,491,197

........ so why isn't Wolfman coming around this year again, Murdy?

Did I mention that the werewolf films are only since the 80s? Meaning everything before it, in the MONSTER MOVIE ERA is not included? Meaning the genre has grossed more than the already BILLION DOLLARS it has to it?!

Edited by DTH316

GP spoke by making werewolf movies 600 MILLION DOLLARS more than all of the NOES series

I don't care if half of it was from the Twilight saga, the facts still stand that people know more about Werewolves.

I'm just pissed off and trying to vent anyway possible, lmao

Just did a calculation

Even if not counting the Twilight films

Werewolf movies still have hundreds of millions of dollars more than the NOES series

Edited by DTH316

I agree that Murdy doesn't seem very happy with himself. But hopefully the backlash on this board will help improve the event in future years.

If you are reading this Murdy, I love your event. I dont want to attack you on twitter because I'm afraid you will think im some douchebag who just wants to dick with you on the internet. I am posting this on a forum so you can see how passionate I am about Halloween Horror Nights. I will go this year, and even if it is Freddy, Jason and Saw I will have one hell of a time. That said, and I will put this in the kindest way possible: The general public doesn't know shit. The general public made Transformers 2 one of the biggest hits of all time and dismissed the recent excellence of Scott Pilgrim vs The World for it being too different. The general public embraces Twilight as fine literature and believes Justin Bieber is an ideal artist and performer. The general public does not know what makes good horror. They are not avid fans of the genre, they don't stay up all night watching Friday the 13th marathons or seek out the quieter brilliance of foreign films such as Let the Right One In.

And the general public will like your event as long as it has go go dancers and violence. I understand the absolute vitality of catering to the average citizen. Thats all well and good, but when you ignore the consistent outcries of your true fan base, that is bullshit. Make the event half about pleasing the true fans and half about catering to what the average drone wants. For every Freddy give us a Sam. For every Saw give us a Descent. The horror genre is about more than slashers, and if you fail to acknowledge that you are missing out on alot of beautiful atmosphere and quality mazes. Thank you for making the event the success it is today, Mr. Murdy. But it's time to expand beyond the confines of the base populous. It's time to give some other horror fans and properties a chance.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

I agree that Murdy doesn't seem very happy with himself. But hopefully the backlash on this board will help improve the event in future years.

If you are reading this Murdy, I love your event. I dont want to attack you on twitter because I'm afraid you will think im some douchebag who just wants to dick with you on the internet. I am posting this on a forum so you can see how passionate I am about Halloween Horror Nights. I will go this year, and even if it is Freddy, Jason and Saw I will have one hell of a time. That said, and I will put this in the kindest way possible: The general public doesn't know shit. The general public made Transformers 2 one of the biggest hits of all time and dismissed the recent excellence of Scott Pilgrim vs The World for it being too different. The general public embraces Twilight as fine literature and believes Justin Bieber is an ideal artist and performer. The general public does not know what makes good horror. They are not avid fans of the genre, they don't stay up all night watching Friday the 13th marathons or seek out the quieter brilliance of foreign films such as Let the Right One In.

And the general public will like your event as long as it has go go dancers and violence. I understand the absolute vitality of catering to the average citizen. Thats all well and good, but when you ignore the consistent outcries of your true fan base, that is bullshit. Make the event half about pleasing the true fans and half about catering to what the average drone wants. For every Freddy give us a Sam. For every Saw give us a Descent. The horror genre is about more than slashers, and if you fail to acknowledge that you are missing out on alot of beautiful atmosphere and quality mazes. Thank you for making the event the success it is today, Mr. Murdy. But it's time to expand beyond the confines of the base populous. It's time to give some other horror fans and properties a chance.

*tears in eyes*

That was beautiful, man

lol

But seriously, that sums up everything

The general public pays for the event. With out the General Public there would be NO HHN at all.

Are the ten or twelve of you gonna buy enough tickets and merch and food to pay for the event amongst yourselves?

I see this all the time on theme park boards. The disdain for the GP. Never forget that its the GP that makes all this stuff possible.

Edited by Trevler

Yeah that's true. I don't think I would've been as mad if he wasn't the icon and if there weren't F13 and Saw rumors floating around in the air, lol

If Murdy would've came straight out and said "we have just ONE repeat this year and everything else new" that would've made everyone happy as a clam because we knew it was coming

But building us up for something epic and then giving us the second worst maze at the entire event aside from MBV is ridiculous lol

You guys should calm down, this information is a bit sad that they went that route but the event will still be entertaining and fun. Its not the movies that make the event its the scare actors and all of the energy they put into to the event so we can have a great time. Lets not judge the event until we actually experienced it.

Then general public pays for the event. With out the General Public there would be NO HHN at all.

Are the ten or twelve of you gonna buy enough tickets and merch and food to pay for the event amongst yourselves?

I see this all the time on theme park boards. The disdain for the GP. Never forget that its the GP that makes all this stuff possible.

I understand this completely. However, is it really too much to ask to not make the event 100% for the GP?

And that is a good point, fallvictim21. It really is about the talent. But at HHN all the talent is always top notch. I guess I don't expect anything but greatness from the talent who truly bring their A game year after year, but I do expect murdy to bring themes that will match that talent. So nothing against the scareactors im sure you will make it another great year.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

Maybe. A maze is very expensive to design, build, decorate, staff, and run. On top of which, at USH, space is at a huge premium. Does it make good business sense to devote some of that limited real estate to something that 10, 20, even 50 people are clamoring for? Or is it better to devote that space, time, and money to something that thousands of people are asking for?

In the end, its a business.

In the end, its a business.

This is true. I would rather have a general public ruled HHN than no HHN at all, but I really think the fans are getting screwed on this one. Because Orlando survives with no massive general appeal, same with Knotts Scary Farm. Basically, if the general public knows the event is quality they will come year after year no matter what the theme is. And if Hollywood isnt at that point yet, totally understandable. But I think we are at least to the point that 1 heavily fan-requested maze can make it in. More than 10 or 50 people would be interested in a Scream or Hellraiser maze. And I don't think having a wolfman maze this year would have bankrupted the event.

Until repeats hurt the bottom line, dont rule them out.

In general, SoCal Haunt audiences are okay with repeats. A lot of them even like it. You can thank Knott's for that.

You dont think they do Guest Surveys at Knotts or USO and see what people there want? You better believe they do.

I honestly feel that no matter what you have at an event and as long as you make it kick ass enough, people will keep coming by word of mouth night after night and year after year.

Whether it's Boogeyman: In Your Closet or Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again.

That's just my business logic and that's just what I hoped HHN would do.

Until repeats hurt the bottom line, dont rule them out.

In general, SoCal Haunt audiences are okay with repeats. A lot of them even like it. You can thank Knott's for that.

You dont think they do Guest Surveys at Knotts or USO and see what people there want? You better believe they do.

I'm sure they do, but my point is there is no gigantic draw for the GP to knotts or USO on their own. But the public knows the events are good, so they go. Huge properties are not essential for haunt success. But I understand where you are coming from, Trevler. And since you work there, what mazes there are is of little importance to you. But try to look at this from the standpoint of a fan. It's disappointing to speculate for an entire year on what new mazes might be coming only to get repeats yet again. Plus Murdy implied it would be all new themes.

Hey, I go on this stuff same as you. I care what mazes there are. I am, in fact, SUPER EXCITED, for House of 1000 Corpses. Im not gonna comment on anything else, negatively or positively. Take that for what you will.

I apologize. I assumed that you didn't go on the mazes. I agree with you on House of 1000 Corpses. I like Rob Zombie and I think it will be an excellent maze. But if thats the only thing I can have genuine excitement for its very disheartening when you look forward to this as much as i do. And I'm sure the thought of having remake freddy all over the place is saddening to alot of us who didn't like the remake whatsoever. I still believe we should be thrown a bone by Murdy here, but I am sure I will enjoy the event.

Guys, remember the hints given in March?

Hint #1: "Scream, stab, stab, chop, gurgle, plop."

Hint #2: Original take. Origins in literature.

hints three and four have already had maze releases. I would assume HoTC was "Bloody, very bloody" and NoES had "teenagers in it and a mad killer." If that's the case, then I just don't see Saw returning. Number one could be Friday, but the gurgle plop thing is really throwing me off.

Cheer up guys. Even if this year does go down in flames with repeats, we have Scream and Hellraiser next year to look forward to. ;)

Guys honestly, i fthought we already figured this out hint number one is psycho don't you realize? Norman pulls back shower curtain girl screams he stabs twice, chops or slices at her depending on your personal preferance on words, then it cuts to the blood going down(gurgling down the drain) then she falls(plops) down in the shower

Hint 2 is Vampires.

Well after those hints, he then announced the HoH overlay (Which nobody asked for a hint.) Honestly, I think the Freddy maze, now that I think about it, sounds like it'll be cool. Let's just give it a chance people and hope that it won't be the exact same thing from '07 or '08.

This is more of an issue for next year's event, but AN OFFICIAL TRAILER HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR MY SOUL TO TAKE!!! Finally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQm3nf0Vbvc