HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand new, just confirmed scare zone:

@mrmimbo2007 Freddy Fly Girl Go Go's and new Freddy Living statue

Double the amount of go gos? I can't complain.

@red435 We surveyed our guests last year during the event and NOES was their #1 requested property

That was last year, before the POS movie came out, Murdy.

@Dodgerfreak3 Not a part of Terror Tram

What I wanna know is how you have a main icon and it not be a part of the Terror Tram. As much as I hate NOES returning, this pisses me off. Terror Tram is supposed to be the storyline of the event, not just another maze. BOO

Edited by DTH316

Wellp

i guess its save to call an 08 repeat with a few new mazes

@HorrorNights one more thing, when does the commerical start filming?

less than 5 seconds ago via web in reply to HorrorNights

HorrorNights

@stevenfortmrw Freddy is the main marketing icon...tag line will be released shortly

half a minute ago via web in reply to stevenfortmrw

stevenfortmrw

@HorrorNights can we haz a slogan for HHN? or the Theme at least

2 minutes ago via web

This is what I see happening at the moment unless they just randomly decided to use the same EXACT facade for Saw for something else:

Vampyres: Castle of the Undead (HOH)

Friday the 13th: The Origins of Jason Voorhees (WWW)

House of 1000 Corpses: In Zombievision 3D! (T2 Queue)

Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again (Shrek Venue)

Saw: The Game Continues (Lower Lot)

If we waited all this time for that -

I OFFICIALLY announce we ask for a new creative director

I don't care about all this talk about sleeves.

That's just poppycock.

This is what I see happening at the moment unless they just randomly decided to use the same EXACT facade for Saw for something else:

Vampyres: Castle of the Undead (HOH)

Friday the 13th: The Origins of Jason Voorhees (WWW)

House of 1000 Corpses: In Zombievision 3D! (T2 Queue)

Nightmare on Elm Street: Never Sleep Again (Shrek Venue)

Saw: The Game Continues (Lower Lot)

This is what I see as well. Yes, its technically "all new" but it is definitely not "no repeats". And I dont think we should throw Murdy to the wolves just yet. But it's getting to that point...

Why not, Nightcrawler? We waited around all this time since June and got a "repeat" event and he acted like we wouldn't get repeats and like we wouldn't be disappointed.

I'm sorry but with ALL the movie properties in the world there are to do and if we get a repeat event, that shows a lack of creativity. Even if it is most demanded, save it for another year and work on creating a good track record.

I hope this all goes down in flames for bringing Freddy back.

I mean, enough to where they see the light but not too much where they shut it down lol

But most likely, it'll probably be the most popular year

Oh well

@apadden We don't allow video camera for safety reasons (and they're really hard to film)

Since when? People record in the mazes all the time... if this is a new rule, I'm going to be even more heated at this event than I already am!

I was looking forward to buying a brand new HD camera (just looking for one with nightvision too, which is oddly hard to find) and taking it this year.

OH I SWEARRRRR!!!!

Why not, Nightcrawler?

I believe in second chances, I guess. That and Murdy's heart is in the right place. He loves horror, and he loves good horror. He is just for some reason very hesitant to do anything creative or innovative. If he could get over this I think we could have a very good and balanced event. Plus, Murdy seems willing to fight for the events growth. I want to see at least 1 more maze next year. Hopefully we can get to the point of having 7 or 8 mazes. But Murdy does need to learn to balance the type of horror. Its just slasher, slasher, slasher right now. I mean he wrote off evil dead because it would be hard to cast ash. Im sorry, but how many people would really need to be cast as ash? 2,3? other than that you have evil ash (mask), deadites, animatronic creatures and the like. It wouldn't be that hard.

One maze that I would LOVE to see but I understand why he dismissed is Alien. That said, an Alien maze has been done before I think in the UK that was highly successful. So nothing is impossible.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

Seriously, Evil Dead would be the best maze of all time. Even better than the Exorcist. Shit, Exorcist takes place all in one room, at least Evil Dead is in a cabin!

And he says "I can't find an Ash" PSH, how about you can't find a coherent maze idea for a movie that takes place in one SPOT

I agree on Alien. I've heard it's been done before. The fact that Murdy says "impossible" to anything doesn't sit well with me unless it's for Twilight. I want a creative director who says "it'll be tough but we'll try it out."

If I remember correctly, Knott's had an Alien room for one of their mazes (Horrorwood I believe). Yeah Murdy... Knotts.... KNOTTS.... WHERE IM GOING THIS YEAR!!!!

Edited by DTH316

Nigthcrawlers right look at Murdy's Tweets he does not seem as happy with himself as he was last year it seems like hes dead inside its the damn HHNmaster type GP who think there the gosspel of HHN and start there own channle facebook or twitter and the higher ups at Uni take there word for the word of all HHN fans and GP I can garuntee you that 80 percent of HHNH's crowds dont pay close attention to Surveys, Facebook and twitter like we or the HHNMasters do alot of them dont even know whats the mazes are until they get into the park

What pisses me off the most is that he put on twitter that while he would love to do a Wolfman maze, he has to listen to the general public. He had 5 slots for mazes. 5. Not even one could be the wolfman? I understand, generally disliked, bomb at box office. But come on. The Wolfman is a horror icon. It isn't like trick r' treat where its straight to DVD and nobody knows who Sam is. EVERYONE knows about the wolfman so even if they hadn't seen the movie they would understand the concept of the maze. You are being chased by a werewolf. Simple, understandable. And how does the gp know what will make a good maze? The general public knows Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Chucky, Saw, Michael Myers, and maybe Ghostface/Pinhead. Are you really going to limit yourself to those for the foreseeable future?

I believe Murdy has good intentions... but I also believe Murdy SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL!!!! lmao

Nightcrawler, that's not even the worst part about Wolfman not being made (even though I didn't want a Wolfman maze myself to be honest)

Wolfman is a much older film villain

Wolfman is one of the founding FATHERS of horror

Wolfman has been done numerous times, way more than the NOES series

Wolfman actually made just as much as this new NOES did financially

So ... how did this happen?

I HAVE - NO - FUCKING - CLUE

Edited by DTH316

WOW. I'm very underwhelmed. It won't be too bad for me since I haven't seen the original Freddy and Jason mazes but really? A third year? That right there tells me Murdy's waaaay too safe. Good thing I'm bailing out to Orlando though. :D I just feel soooooooo cheated waiting all that time to find out Freddy and Jason are coming back and most likely Saw! <_< Oh well. The main factor is that I'm going to enjoy this year regardless.

With that said, if Wolfie's not showing up this year, I'm just going to cry!