HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

Well the second hint Murdy gave was "Origins in literature, original take." I wonder if it's an original maze on warewolves? Just wild speculation. If that's the case, I would've rather seen the maze based on the movie, but hey, it involves warewolves so that will have to do.

Freak we keep saying this that hint was Vampyre

except Jack is a pimp LOL and we wouldn't mind seeing him in Hollywood again. BTW don't get me wrong, Freddy is a pimp too but old robert englund freddy not remake rorschach freddy LMAO

no I mean Orlando Is Sick of Jack because he been at the event like 6 or 7 times while others at the most twice thats what I ment that freddy's our Jack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freak's not on board with the whole vampyre thing, maybe we should slow down and wait up for him to catch up on that because he keeps talking about an original maze like we haven't got one yet, lmao

DID U SEE THE PR FREAK? lmao

Yes I saw the press release. The reason why I'm sticking with it is because when he announced he was working on the second maze back in March, that was the hint. Then a month later, he announced he was working on the House of Horrors overlay. Look on the first page. It should keep track of when the maze developments were that he announced. You'll see what I mean.

Yes I saw the press release. The reason why I'm sticking with it is because when he announced he was working on the second maze back in March, that was the hint. Then a month later, he announced he was working on the House of Horrors overlay. Look on the first page. It should keep track of when the maze developments were that he announced. You'll see what I mean.

Freak he said we only get one Orignal maze and he even said that the Literature Hint was Vampyre the day it was annoucened

Alright here's my evidence:

This is when he announced the "literature maze that's original":

2-HHN UPDATE: Finished concepting Maze #2 for HHN Hollywood 2010 yesturday. Writing the treatment right now. New theme we haven't done before

9:33 AM Mar 31st via web

Now here's when he announced the House of Horrors overlay:

HHN 2010 Update - Just finished the treatment for the House of Horrors overlay. Working on scarezones and Terror Tram now.

5:27 PM May 18th via web

There's like a one-and-a-half month difference there!

Well if the HoH was the lit. maze then what the heck could maze number two be?

Chart here:

Maze #1: "Scream, stab, stab, chop, gurgle, plop" - Psycho????

Maze #2: "Origins in literature" - Vampyr

Maze #3: "Bloody. VERY bloody." - House of 1,000 Corpses.

Maze #4: "Teens and killer" - Elm Street remake

Maze #5: ???????????

so basicaly this year we are having 2008 all over again (live your worst nightmare) with other new icons but freddys the main icon acccording to murdy and this years theme confirmed by murdy "welcome to your new nightmare" so murdy is going to do something in this years hhn's description saying something like |

V

"freddy krueger father of something brings unspeakable horror to this years halloween horror nights were he'll bring some of the scariest horror legends to life!"

anyways im kinda pissed off and feel like murdy let us down because he said "NO REAPEATS" BULLSHIT! and im pretty sure wolfman ist here this year =[

If it's going to be LEGENDS of horror, I'd be surprised if Universal didn't take advantage of their own property and include old wolfie since HE'S A FREAKING OLD LEGEND!!!!

I KNOW RIGHT IF YOUR DOING A WHOLE LEGENDS THEME WHERE THE FUCK IS WOLFMAN!!!!!

reasons why freddy is back AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME: 1. lots of fans voted for him to come back for hhn 2010 from a vote in january.

2. murdy either ran out of ideas and decided to throw freddy back in.

3. well i think thats it......

but if freddy is the icon and has his own maze is that the only place we are going to see him well it doesnt make sence to not put him in TT........

BTW. I asked murdy how many chainsaw drill teams are going to be here this year and he only said two (i think he lowered down the chainsaw drill teams because of people whining) on TT he said there will be chainsaws there too.

Hey just a thought...if Freddy's not going to be the main icon on the Terror Tram, do you think La Llorana will be the icon for the TT?

Unlikely. The way Murdy said she's just part of what you will experience makes me think it will be something else. I wouldn't mind it, but I think the most plausible theme is Psycho actually. Murdy said there would be something Psycho related, I assume he meant more than just the house being there. And he seems to not want to repeat the tram theme so Saw is probably out as well.

Alright, I just wanna point something out MAJORLY flawed with surveys, ESPECIALLY on years where a major character is absent

You're going to an event for the first time, you hit up Saw, Halloween, MBV and Chucky and you're asked by someone, "hey, what do you wanna see? Freddy or Jason?" You're instantly gonna go "guy in hockey mask who is cool but not all that interesting or guy who creates insane nightmares that I could walk through and kill me, OH FREDDY."

Okay, you picturing that? Good

Now say you're going to an event for the first time, you hit up let's say NOES, F13, TCM and The Strangers and you're asked by someone, "hey, what do you wanna see? Jigsaw or Michael Myers?" Well whoa whoa whoa whoa, of course Michael Myers, I love him!

It's a repeating cycle. Whatever is not there is going to be the thing wanted because it's still fresh to new guests. Keep running business this way, and it'll forever be a merry go round of mazes going in circles until the event is old enough to where it's as popular as Knotts and they become like us, wanting new material and they stop and go, "wait a minute, where's a Scream maze?! Or a Hellraiser maze? *rest of crowd joins in* Yeah, where's that at?!"

JUST something to think about.

i agree that surveys are not the best way to choose what to do for the next year because of basically how you put it DTH. but hopefully this year makes enough money for them to expand for next year.

and maybe we can expand to original icons, mazes, and themes here pretty quick! i mean we cant deny that murdy is creative cause he's is VERY creative! despite freddy being back this year i think it will still be an enjoyable year. and hopefully next year will be even better!

lets start looking at the positives and stop looking at the negatives, it'll make us feel better about the event(:

and grindhouse, i know where your coming from cause i was hoping for all new themes this year aswell, but im not one of those people that have been asking for the Big 3 back every chance i get, i wasnt excited when the rumors about F13 started floating around, and i was a tad dissapointed when freddy was announced, i know how you guys feel i think i just got over it quicker since i havnt been able to experience the event yet unlike you guys, i completely understand why you guys are so pissed about all of this cause trust me. if i had actually been to HHN and gone through the previous freddy mazes i would be royaly pissed off now too. its just a little bit easier for me to get over since i havnt been able to experience it before.

i didnt mean for anything in my earlier post to come off as i was extremely happy that freddy is back for a 3rd time i was just saying that he's growing on me since freddy is a creepy character and always has been to me and i havnt seen a NOES maze in person before.

I don't think Psycho will be the main theme of TT this year, although I think that would be awesome.

They're filming off site... why would they film off site for a Psycho theme when they have it ON THE BACKLOT, ya know? haha

I think it's Chucky. He keeps saying he's trying to keep Chucky away. It sounds like part of the plot.

CHUCKY TAKES OVER THE STUDIO TOUR

I have a weird feeling that a demented doll, haunted by Charles Lee Ray, is going to haunt the lower lot maze. I think this has been brought up earlier, but there have been several (I know you guys saw them) on Chucky coming back some way or the other. If it's not the insult emporium, if it's not House of Horrors, then what else is there? It would seem kinda out-of-the-blue and weird if he took over the Terror Tram, so what's left? A FULL-FLEDGED MAZE. That's what! Maybe that re-used brick decor that we saw from the escalators could be Good Guy Toy Factory?

Also, let's not forget in the Wild West arena the end hallway (look in the construction thread) showed castle-like walls and a box labeled, "Vinyl Strap Curtains". I don't think F13 has either so there's still hope for that Wolfman maze!

i agree that surveys are not the best way to choose what to do for the next year because of basically how you put it DTH. but hopefully this year makes enough money for them to expand for next year.

and maybe we can expand to original icons, mazes, and themes here pretty quick! i mean we cant deny that murdy is creative cause he's is VERY creative! despite freddy being back this year i think it will still be an enjoyable year. and hopefully next year will be even better!

lets start looking at the positives and stop looking at the negatives, it'll make us feel better about the event(:

and grindhouse, i know where your coming from cause i was hoping for all new themes this year aswell, but im not one of those people that have been asking for the Big 3 back every chance i get, i wasnt excited when the rumors about F13 started floating around, and i was a tad dissapointed when freddy was announced, i know how you guys feel i think i just got over it quicker since i havnt been able to experience the event yet unlike you guys, i completely understand why you guys are so pissed about all of this cause trust me. if i had actually been to HHN and gone through the previous freddy mazes i would be royaly pissed off now too. its just a little bit easier for me to get over since i havnt been able to experience it before.

i didnt mean for anything in my earlier post to come off as i was extremely happy that freddy is back for a 3rd time i was just saying that he's growing on me since freddy is a creepy character and always has been to me and i havnt seen a NOES maze in person before.

dont worry I understood what you ment earlier

as for the chuckster I dont think another Chucky maze is part of this year because look last year Murdy kept saying stuff out of the blue like"Chucky;s up to something" but he has only metioned Chucky when someone asked him so I doubt chucky will have a full fledge maze

If they have a child's play maze I will forgive Nightmare on Elm Street easy. But I don't see it happening. The one at orlando wasn't well received because all the chuckys were full sized with the concept that you were shrunk down to his size. To make it successful, the maze would have to have many small scareactors. Not saying it can't be done, just saying its alot easier to do just about anything else. I think the tram is more likely. And I hadn't thought about where they were filming, that does make it seem like it wont be Psycho. That and Psycho is "old" and probably not well liked by the general public.