HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

I will shoot myself if Freddy shows up (after that Crap Remake even more) and the fact if Freddy shows up it will be the same maze as 07 and 08 and if he'd showed up Jason and Leatherface would have to due to the contract. and people we know for a fact Screams not on the agenda so lets stop bringing him here in the 2010 speculation thread.

And Electro, Murdy confirmed the 5th maze

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possbility because MVB bombed that was a maze, wolfman bombed it most likely is going to have a maze OR HOH, so even if it bombs it is still likely to have a maze because well, come on, who doesn't know ghostface or "scream" as most call him?

You realize MBV did NOT bomb right? I think it's odd that a movie everybody hated was made a maze at an event where popularity on a franchise is priority #1. Wolfman did better than MBV even though WM bombed and it's their own property! To just phone it in with HoH would be plain madness! It would have a great maze environment! Besides, didn't Murdy want to have a WM maze for last year but decided at the last second to use MBV?

From Box office mojo:

My Bloody Valentine: Domestic: $51,545,952

Wolfman: Domestic: $61,979,680

The new backlot does have a theater, i wonder if they could use that for something. Maybe.

They never will. It's always used for filming.

Keep in mind Murdy absolutely refuses to use any of Orlando's icons...at least for a while.

MBV was a mixed review movie some people hated it, and other people loved (I actualy liked it but thats not the point)

Jack was used because of the shared theme and like brandon said to share commercial and ads, Director was used because that was the year HHNH came back and everything was last minute

BTW Murdy just Tweeted that the new maze Venue is the biggest Venue yet so that made my day.

Edited by Grindhousehero13

MBV was a mixed review movie some people hated it, and other people loved (I actualy liked it but thats not the point)

Jack was used because of the shared theme and like brandon said to share commercial and ads, Director was used because that was the year HHNH came back and everything was last minute

BTW Murdy just Tweeted that the new maze Venue is the biggest Venue yet so that made my day.

Dude I think we hit the money saying it's at the Gibson Lawn. He said that and said it's not in an obvious place. Also he tweeted that he was writing a maze that was thirsty pages long.

...sorry for that typo. I meant thirty pages long. ;)

Anyway, my fingers are crossed that its the Wolfman. Looking back at the hints I kept track of (btw, you may look at the list of maze hints I posted on the first page of the speculation thread.) the hint was, "It's bloody...VERY bloody." I wonder it's the Wolfman?

btw Grindhouse, where did you hear that Wolfman will be in HoH or was that an educated assumption?

I haven't posted in awhile but I just read half of the thread since I've last been here.

I think it's funny how you guys keep going in circles over the same thing, especially when it's things that are obviously not going to happen or have been confirmed otherwise.

I don't know where to start --

When Murdy says King Kong is a separate experience, it makes me think of two very possible things.

1) The Terror Tram will start off at King Kong and then make it's way to the trail, where on the way it'll then start the Halloween atmosphere as oppose to before it to keep up with the theme since we all know Kong is not Halloween-esque. Perhaps they'll work with a Studio Tour at Night Gone Wrong theme, where we'll get a normal tour and then for some reason all hell breaks loose (the guide hears rumors that a serial killer is on the loose on the backlot after exiting Kong).

2) There may just be two different queues. One that'll just go to Kong and one that'll just do the Terror Tram. It doesn't sound like the best idea to me but it's their newest and biggest attraction and people are probably going to be demanding it while they're there. The Kong line would be very small (maybe just the Spanish Tour queue?) and would only run a couple more than dozen trams per night as most people will be focused on Horror Nights. It wouldn't be too cost worthy to do this and would be out of the way of the other trams going towards the Terror Tram route. This could be the literal meaning of SEPARATE experiences.

The very fact that the 5th maze area is their BIGGEST, I think that takes Gibson Lawn out of the equation. Sure, that area could fit a maze in that area but I don't think in anyway it's the absolute BIGGEST. This leads me to believe they're using a backstage area of some sort since it's not an "obvious choice." And by obvious, he could be meaning that I would not first pick that they would use the Terminator theater for a maze. It's really up in the air.

And I love how we're still hanging on the most vague hints such as the maze is "very bloody" and contains "teenagers that are killed." It's a JOKE, that's EVERY horror movie. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. In no way was he actually hinting at anything because it goes in every direction possible.

And why are people still thinking mazes will be on the backlot? That rumor was dispelled centuries ago.

As for the Kong building being used for HHN by projecting horror images on it in 3D or anything of the like, I think it's possible but I don't see what the point would be. It's completely out of the way of the entire event and would be such a long ride over there, longer than the drive over to the area is when it's from the station already. Plus people might be whining for Kong since it's brand new and not everyone is an AP holder who got to experience it 3 or 4 times before October (now late Sept) hits. But if they do use the horror element in here, hopefully they use the hydraulics to move the tram. But I just don't see this happening, it sounds like it would need too big of a budget for just a small fraction of the Terror Tram. That'd be editing or filming a new video, enhancing it so it would look good on such big screens, converting it to 3D, changing the hydraulic platforms for it, etc, etc. Just use Kong or don't use it at all or use a separate tram for it.

Any how, I'm getting very excited for the PR that should be upcoming very soon.

And on a side note guys, I don't want to sound like an english teacher or anything but about 75% of the posts here are almost unreadable. I'm not saying write a perfect essay or anything just make it coherent and don't be afraid to use symbols to separate your points. My mind was hurting more and more after every page trying to understand the posts. Eventually, I understood them but it'd just be so much better if they were more well written to begin with. Just re-read the post before hand to make sure it makes sense. Like I said, doesn't need to be perfect just readable.

I haven't posted in awhile but I just read half of the thread since I've last been here.

I think it's funny how you guys keep going in circles over the same thing, especially when it's things that are obviously not going to happen or have been confirmed otherwise.

I don't know where to start --

When Murdy says King Kong is a separate experience, it makes me think of two very possible things.

1) The Terror Tram will start off at King Kong and then make it's way to the trail, where on the way it'll then start the Halloween atmosphere as oppose to before it to keep up with the theme since we all know Kong is not Halloween-esque. Perhaps they'll work with a Studio Tour at Night Gone Wrong theme, where we'll get a normal tour and then for some reason all hell breaks loose (the guide hears rumors that a serial killer is on the loose on the backlot after exiting Kong).

2) There may just be two different queues. One that'll just go to Kong and one that'll just do the Terror Tram. It doesn't sound like the best idea to me but it's their newest and biggest attraction and people are probably going to be demanding it while they're there. The Kong line would be very small (maybe just the Spanish Tour queue?) and would only run a couple more than dozen trams per night as most people will be focused on Horror Nights. It wouldn't be too cost worthy to do this and would be out of the way of the other trams going towards the Terror Tram route. This could be the literal meaning of SEPARATE experiences.

The very fact that the 5th maze area is their BIGGEST, I think that takes Gibson Lawn out of the equation. Sure, that area could fit a maze in that area but I don't think in anyway it's the absolute BIGGEST. This leads me to believe they're using a backstage area of some sort since it's not an "obvious choice." And by obvious, he could be meaning that I would not first pick that they would use the Terminator theater for a maze. It's really up in the air.

And I love how we're still hanging on the most vague hints such as the maze is "very bloody" and contains "teenagers that are killed." It's a JOKE, that's EVERY horror movie. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. In no way was he actually hinting at anything because it goes in every direction possible.

And why are people still thinking mazes will be on the backlot? That rumor was dispelled centuries ago.

As for the Kong building being used for HHN by projecting horror images on it in 3D or anything of the like, I think it's possible but I don't see what the point would be. It's completely out of the way of the entire event and would be such a long ride over there, longer than the drive over to the area is when it's from the station already. Plus people might be whining for Kong since it's brand new and not everyone is an AP holder who got to experience it 3 or 4 times before October (now late Sept) hits. But if they do use the horror element in here, hopefully they use the hydraulics to move the tram. But I just don't see this happening, it sounds like it would need too big of a budget for just a small fraction of the Terror Tram. That'd be editing or filming a new video, enhancing it so it would look good on such big screens, converting it to 3D, changing the hydraulic platforms for it, etc, etc. Just use Kong or don't use it at all or use a separate tram for it.

Any how, I'm getting very excited for the PR that should be upcoming very soon.

And on a side note guys, I don't want to sound like an english teacher or anything but about 75% of the posts here are almost unreadable. I'm not saying write a perfect essay or anything just make it coherent and don't be afraid to use symbols to separate your points. My mind was hurting more and more after every page trying to understand the posts. Eventually, I understood them but it'd just be so much better if they were more well written to begin with. Just re-read the post before hand to make sure it makes sense. Like I said, doesn't need to be perfect just readable.

on an added note to your last paragraph may i point out if your gonna post please please please try to keep your posts all in one instead of sending out more that one after another :) thats what the Edit button is for :D no offence anyone

well if the biggest maze is gonna be in the BIGGEST SPOT think about where they could possibly have the space

in the past three years all mazes have been the same length or so just different material

this year were going bigger on the 5th maze which means WHERE will they place this new maze??

Gibson Law? SoundStage??? Extend the Que to maze material down in the lower lot? Use the Terminator Cyberdyne Theater?? Extend the Shrek 4-D que??

imagine using that as a Scary Tales brought to HHNH

everyone needs to check the map again and figure EXACTLY where and what parts of Universal that they could possibly use

in my opinion i honestly hope they have an opened up soundstage that is just WAITING for HHN material

all these hints and facts and the PR coming out this week is giving me the chills

i just wish we had a General Idea of what were possibly facing come this October

Dude I think we hit the money saying it's at the Gibson Lawn. He said that and said it's not in an obvious place. Also he tweeted that he was writing a maze that was thirsty pages long.

...sorry for that typo. I meant thirty pages long. wink.gif

Anyway, my fingers are crossed that its the Wolfman. Looking back at the hints I kept track of (btw, you may look at the list of maze hints I posted on the first page of the speculation thread.) the hint was, "It's bloody...VERY bloody." I wonder it's the Wolfman?

btw Grindhouse, where did you hear that Wolfman will be in HoH or was that an educated assumption?

it was just a guest since every universal owned property thta became a maze (I use that term loosly) has been in HOH, for example Chucky and the strangers.

plus see it from the other studio's stand point would you let them use your characters if they were just shoved in HOH with a ton of random unchangable scenery and props?

first I think your onto something with the kong theory.

Second Thank you and thank you, why is it that there are only two people who gets those hints were a joke Ive said this a million times on the vault.

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Well the reason why I said Gibson was because Murdy said the fifth maze would have to be in the upper lot due to Transformers construction; that eliminates the sound stage. :( It's GOTTA be the Gibson Lawn.

unless they somehow can pull it off to the side area (service road below near Transformers) which in case is nearly impossible :/

Gibson Lawn would be the only REAL place they can have a maze set up that would be able to hold a long enough maze

look at zee map people!! figure out WHERE his maze is suppose to be because the other main 4 are already set in stone

unless they somehow can pull it off to the side area (service road below near Transformers) which in case is nearly impossible :/

Gibson Lawn would be the only REAL place they can have a maze set up that would be able to hold a long enough maze

look at zee map people!! figure out WHERE his maze is suppose to be because the other main 4 are already set in stone

Well time will only tell. If it does indeed turn out to be a sound stage, then I am going to scream for joy (I seriously doubt it though. )...if not, then we can truthfully say that we guessed the location for the fifth maze! :D

Edited by Freakazoid

I realy doubt its a SS maze but does it matter at this point we'll find out as soon as that maze is annouced it may even be the icon house

Keep in mind that construction starts the first week of July. If you guys can see any and I mean any construction going on in the Gibson lawn, that's where the maze will be. If we don't see anything, maybe they're hiding a maze inside of a sound stage! But I'm sure the PR will tell us this week.

Keep in mind that construction starts the first week of July. If you guys can see any and I mean any construction going on in the Gibson lawn, that's where the maze will be. If we don't see anything, maybe they're hiding a maze inside of a sound stage! But I'm sure the PR will tell us this week.

oh prayyyyy that we can at least find out ASAP

someone needs to head down to USH and find out ANY type of construction being done

because if we can at least find out something

the at least its one small step closer to victory :DDD

and Grind in all i hope your right about it being the Icon maze i truly hope your right!

I'm going July 1st for the opening of Kong, so I will check out locations and look for construction.

oh prayyyyy that we can at least find out ASAP

someone needs to head down to USH and find out ANY type of construction being done

because if we can at least find out something

the at least its one small step closer to victory :DDD

and Grind in all i hope your right about it being the Icon maze i truly hope your right!

I'm going July 1st for the opening of Kong, so I will check out locations and look for construction.

main locations to look out

- Gibson Lawn (or anywhere CLOSE just to see)

- Wild West Stunt Show Area (look through pannels BE CAREFUL idiots got caught last year)

- Lower Lot (usually can be seen on the tram or on the escalator going down)

- Tram :usually theres nothing to check out till the end of july:

- Shrek 4D area (back where the que for Nightmare was)

- Any open SS that might possibly be holding a maze

and talk to Murdy about an Icon :D

main locations to look out

- Gibson Lawn (or anywhere CLOSE just to see)

- Wild West Stunt Show Area (look through pannels BE CAREFUL idiots got caught last year)

- Lower Lot (usually can be seen on the tram or on the escalator going down)

- Tram :usually theres nothing to check out till the end of july:

- Shrek 4D area (back where the que for Nightmare was)

- Any open SS that might possibly be holding a maze

and talk to Murdy about an Icon :D

Lol got it! :D

Once again guys, we keep talking in circles on information we already know is negative but keep talking about it anyways.

Murdy said it would HAVE to be on the upper lot. So I don't wanna hear any more hope for a soundstage maze or anything on the lower lot other than behind Revenge of the Mummy!

universal tends to cram a movie franchise with like say 4+ movies behind it and squeeze it into tight confined area's.

the HOH is the biggest year round maze on the property.

MBV- was in the shrek Que line. a lot of things crammed into a small space.

Halloween- was in the wild west stunt show theater. more space but still crammed things in there.

Saw- behind the mummy ride. lil bit more space but as usual crammed with props, and scenics.

all in all the mazes are kinda short.