Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, swinney2 said:

Would a Chucky house be based on the old movies or the new one releasing this summer?

The old movies (or potentially the new TV show they're working on). The movie coming out this summer is a "Child's Play" (not a full Chucky movie), and the doll is said to be very different from Chucky since MGM only owns the rights to the movie title, not the Chucky likeness (Universal owns that).

Licensing contracts sure are fun.

Also, the horror movie about the living killer doll is coming out on the same day as Toy Story 4.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Haunting of Hill House has been mentioned, and I think it would fit, but might they wait until 30, since it took two years for Stranger Things to arrive?

It would give them a good second headliner: https://www.businessinsider.com/netflixs-haunting-of-hill-house-surging-in-popularity-with-viewers-2018-10

If HoHH happens, it will be next year. There won't be a second season for the show, which means 2019 is most relevant year to do it (and even that may be a hard sell).

Stranger Things took two years, but it also has two seasons and a third coming. It's staying relevant.

There's a weird "reverse bell curve" when using properties. When stuff is new or on-going, it's "relevant" or "current." Then it drops to "dated" for a few years before (if it's lucky) regaining popularity as "classic" or "nostalgic."

Even doing HoHH next year, it'll be sitting on a cusp.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

I know some will disagree but I would be all for Uni cutting some content or cash for this year to make 30 the best it can be. For example, only having 8/9 houses and 3/4 scarezones. Sometimes we just have to make these cuts for a greater cause. This is fine by me, but others might not like there experience being taken away.

Noble thought, but companies as big as this don't "squirrel away" money for a larger event in later years.  If they cut budget for 2019, it would still have a fantastic turnout - and then the bean counters would say that the lower budget is the new norm.

30 is going to great in the same way 25 was great, because it will be for the fans and pay homage to the past.  They are going to milk the 30th for all its worth.

The huge crowds this year is an indication that the event will only grow - especially if Stranger Things is coming back in 2019.  Legacy has said the idea of 12 houses for 2019 is on the table, and Legacy is to be believed. 

30 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

So what will the 5 new locations probably be?

I think Soundstage 25 obviously won't be used, and they'll go back to Soundstage 21 or 19. 

F&F queue I could definitely see.

And... Three new tents, I guess?

I wouldn't mind them tearing down F&F and putting up like 5 tents.

...or a real attraction.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

So what will the 5 new locations probably be?

I think Soundstage 25 obviously won't be used, and they'll go back to Soundstage 21 or 19. 

F&F queue I could definitely see.

And... Three new tents, I guess?

25 can still be used even if they didnt go to 2 parks. 21's queue, when used, is typically before minions. Keep all other queues the same as hhn28. The only issue would be having 3 houses exit at the Fallon bathrooms.

You would probably have to choose between either having SS 19 or 21 though 

Edited by killswitch22

On 11/16/2018 at 7:21 PM, Drummanmatt said:

My other take from early rumours is if they are already talking about 12 houses then there is no budget for sit down shows. Bye bye academy of villains. Shame as I thought their show last year was brill. Guessing it wasn’t the people eater it needed to be

The GSATs for AoV were great, I thought?

Even without a show, I have no idea how they're going to scrape together the budget for 12 houses. I could see them completely importing Hollywood's HoB.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

On 11/14/2018 at 8:07 PM, krazyhorrorkid said:

I know some will disagree but I would be all for Uni cutting some content or cash for this year to make 30 the best it can be. For example, only having 8/9 houses and 3/4 scarezones. Sometimes we just have to make these cuts for a greater cause. This is fine by me, but others might not like there experience being taken away.

Image result for why not both gif

Edited by ryguyof87
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, Drummanmatt said:

My other take from early rumours is if they are already talking about 12 houses then there is no budget for sit down shows. Bye bye academy of villains. Shame as I thought their show last year was brill. Guessing it wasn’t the people eater it needed to be

You know the budget isn’t a finite amount that stays the same year to year, right? If they plan for 12 houses, they’ll get a budget that supports those 12 houses. If they plan for AoV, they’ll get a budget for AoV. Now, they may “plan” a low-cost avenue house or two, but that is intended to keep the total budget lower (and thus increase the likelihood that everything else gets approved).

The “budget” conflicts that arise are the results of changes during finalization and building. Cost-overruns happen. They’ll pull from other houses/zones if they can’t get a budget increase approved by management.

This is how businesses work.

• Like 3

my speculations are...

1.Happy death day 2u

2. stranger things 2

3.killer clowns from outer space

4. the thing

5.pet semetary

6.the haunting of hill house (because hhn worked with netflix this year so they will probably do this property)

7.evil dead

8.five nights at freddys (possibly?)

9.shadybrook maze

10.slaughter sinema 2

11.scarecrow the reaping 2

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, HHN Pro said:

Because of the ticket booth prop put into Carnival Graveyard on the last night, with the words "I'M BACK"... And there supposedly being a photo of The Usher behind it, does this mean we can see The Usher return as the Icon next year for his 10th anniversary?

I think that was Charles Gray or someone in his team. Carnival Graveyard was his baby. He wrote the backstories for all the character. I loved being apart of it. 
It could be red herring make us fans think of icons. 
 lets be honest, general public don't like icons.  An icon could bring it together. I would like to think there was icon this year.

7 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I think that was Charles Gray or someone in his team. Carnival Graveyard was his baby. He wrote the backstories for all the character. I loved being apart of it. 
It could be red herring make us fans think of icons. 
 lets be honest, general public don't like icons.  An icon could bring it together. I would like to think there was icon this year.

Do tell? I'd love to actually hear the backstories.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legacy said:

You know the budget isn’t a finite amount that stays the same year to year, right? If they plan for 12 houses, they’ll get a budget that supports those 12 houses. If they plan for AoV, they’ll get a budget for AoV. Now, they may “plan” a low-cost avenue house or two, but that is intended to keep the total budget lower (and thus increase the likelihood that everything else gets approved).

The “budget” conflicts that arise are the results of changes during finalization and building. Cost-overruns happen. They’ll pull from other houses/zones if they can’t get a budget increase approved by management.

This is how businesses work.

As long as we don't get the cheap black wall scares like Hollywood I'm happy

6 hours ago, killswitch22 said:

As long as we don't get the cheap black wall scares like Hollywood I'm happy

Orlando has never been known for that in 28 years of the event.

I don’t understand why people think it’s going to start now.

2 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

...but why?

Why weren’t they released? Don’t know. They probably didn’t feel the effort to make them “consumable” (ie - more than a block of text on a website) was too low a priority. Maybe they were never really meant to be public.

Most of what is put together behind the scenes to develop it, while interesting from a fan perspective, really isn’t all that fascinating. It’s definitely not stuff that makes the event look appealing.

12 hours ago, Legacy said:

We don’t know them. They were never released.

14 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Do tell? I'd love to actually hear the backstories.

I can see if anyone has screenshots of the typed out one. 
 I know 60% of the backstories but not as detailed as Charles wrote it.  

4 hours ago, Legacy said:

Orlando has never been known for that in 28 years of the event.

I don’t understand why people think it’s going to start now.

Why weren’t they released? Don’t know. They probably didn’t feel the effort to make them “consumable” (ie - more than a block of text on a website) was too low a priority. Maybe they were never really meant to be public.

Most of what is put together behind the scenes to develop it, while interesting from a fan perspective, really isn’t all that fascinating. It’s definitely not stuff that makes the event look appealing.

Most of the time they wouldn't be released unless you go on the tour and even then its not ensure that you got the backstories. 
You got get it from the source, I don't want to blacked list from work hhn again.

People would rather have Ip where they could just watch the backstories or prefaced for the stories. 
I will type it out soon, of what I remember. in private message.

I think HHN 29 might be have a 3D house. I has been two years since the last 3d house. 
 Maybe original 3d or killer klowns 3d? 
 I want to see Scream film (s)  I enjoy the costume camero  in slaughter sinema. 
 I hope for slaughter sinema?  at least  within the next year. 
 I would like a longer house of Slaughter sinema at least 2 scenes per film.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I hope for slaughter sinema?  at least  within the next year. 
 I would like a longer house of Slaughter sinema at least 2 scenes per film.  

Ngl, I'd be up for a full house of Amazon Cannibals from Planet Hell any day. :wub:

• Like 1

This is what I hope we'll see for next year, and this is with 12 houses, 6 IP's, and 6 originals.

IP's:

-Stranger Things 2

-Killer Klownz 3D

-Chucky's House of Horrors (Based on Child's Play Remake)

-Slasher

-Leprechaun 

Originals:

-Slaughter Sinema II

-New Original

-New Original

-New Original

-Dollhouse Sequel

-Havoc 3

45 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

This is what I hope we'll see for next year, and this is with 12 houses, 6 IP's, and 6 originals.

IP's:

-Stranger Things 2

-Killer Klownz 3D

-Chucky's House of Horrors (Based on Child's Play Remake)

-Slasher

-Leprechaun 

Originals:

-Slaughter Sinema II

-New Original

-New Original

-New Original

-Dollhouse Sequel

-Havoc 3

Havoc would be a good way for them to stretch the dough for 12 houses, no doubt.

I think @DocNiktMarr's idea of a wide-open toy store house could be put to good use via Chucky.

So my sort of prediction for five of the hypothetical six IPs would be:

ST2

Killer Klowns

Chucky "open floor" house

HoB 3 (importation of Hollywood's from this year)

Hellraiser