Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

36 minutes ago, Tobias said:

While nothing is set in stone until the official map comes out, I was a little surprised at first. But then it hit me, SS 25 would be a thoroughly big enough space for a house that's featuring two seasons instead of one.

Except... Look at the new map again... It shows it'll instead share SS24 with Tooth Fairy, and that the Yeti house will go in SS25..

Edited by HHN Pro 2

15 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Except... Look at the new map again... It shows it'll instead share SS24 with Tooth Fairy, and that the Yeti house will go in SS25..

In 24 the entrance to SS25 was in the music plaza, so they could move it anywhere along that strip.

Edited by Luigi18512
  • Like 1

Something I was thinking about is I bet the soundtrack/sound design this year will be incredible:

Stranger Things already has a great soundtrack. Then you've got the Ghostbusters theme, Rob Zombie practically built some of the scenes in his movies around the music and the absolutely lit Killer Klowns soundtrack. Tooth Fairy and Depths could be absolutely hauntingly ambient as well as Graveyard: Hide and Seek. Alternatively we might also get something ala Return of the Living Dead if the idea that partying teens wake the dead if they go that route.

What really got me thinking though is the music choices for a house set in Appalachia. It'll be missed opportunity if they don't have music playing when you enter like they did in Dead Waters.

The first 55 seconds of You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive that then blends in to something oppressively ambient would stop me in my tracks.

• Like 2

Could Tooth Fairy be part of the Scary Tales franchise? But I hope that house is as dark as the one in Knott's was, I really liked that house over there.

But reviewing the map again and if it is that line up, I'm not mad at the list this year (except for like I said maybe Ghostbusters, but will see I'll try to give it benefit of doubt), it is quiet the eclectic line up....very unusual or at least from what we have seen at the event recently. Not to many really striking fear or really pushing the horror in horror nights....will still be wonderful as always it just is interesting....not trying to totally stir up the debate again of gore vs no gore and all that from a few pages back just again it is an interesting line up

• Like 2

Bill and Ted approves of the page number. 

52 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Could Tooth Fairy be part of the Scary Tales franchise? But I hope that house is as dark as the one in Knott's was, I really liked that house over there.

But reviewing the map again and if it is that line up, I'm not mad at the list this year (except for like I said maybe Ghostbusters, but will see I'll try to give it benefit of doubt), it is quiet the eclectic line up....very unusual or at least from what we have seen at the event recently. Not to many really striking fear or really pushing the horror in horror nights....will still be wonderful as always it just is interesting....not trying to totally stir up the debate again of gore vs no gore and all that from a few pages back just again it is an interesting line up

I really hope toothfairy isn’t part of scary tales. We just had it last year and it wasn’t that great last year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USHER6998 said:

Bill and Ted approves of the page number. 

I really hope toothfairy isn’t part of scary tales. We just had it last year and it wasn’t that great last year. 

Oh I agree I don't think it should be part of the Scary Tales brand, just curious if that is a possibility.

• Like 2

Hopping on here to see what everyone is thinking. This was the year I was going to skip and for sure attend the 30th. I live in Canada and it gets costly to travel and especially if I bring my kids. Well I found cheap flights so now I have a scheduled trip! (kids are not attending HHN- don't worry)

I am excited for the rumors because I love the idea of more original than IPs. I just hope this isn't being treated as throwaway year from the higher up fiance ppl. They're riding on the success of stranger things and I *really* hope the other mazes will have a decent budget too! Maybe budgets were increased due to the success of last year?

An underwater maze sounds amazing!! Graveyard has so much potential too. Not sure about house of 1000 corpses.. anyone know what that is about?  Something creepy and  haunted would be awesome. There is also no Blumhouse from what I can tell.. I'd rather see another original.  I too am on the fence about ghostbusters but I do enjoy the comedic houses.. they're a little refreshingly different which mixes up nicely.

What is everyone thinking? Have the leaks been better controlled? I see no ideas for scare zones yet.

oh and PS- there better some great effects in these mazes. I have really enjoyed where they have been going with it- snow in the shining, the storm in poltergeist- wind and rain effects.. it was so good and really added to the experience. I really hope they continue with it. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rikku said:

I'm not sure if it's going to be apart of Scary Tales, although it would be cool but it'll probably be it's own thing, Universal probably something new, I think it'll work very well and as for the lineup this year, it looks very stable this year, they have people definitely raising their eyebrows about certain things but when everything comes together for the event, I bet it'll be an awesome year for sure, especially if the originals are giving better treatments as they were given last year, it will be awesome.

14 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Something I was thinking about is I bet the soundtrack/sound design this year will be incredible:

Stranger Things already has a great soundtrack. Then you've got the Ghostbusters theme, Rob Zombie practically built some of the scenes in his movies around the music and the absolutely lit Killer Klowns soundtrack. Tooth Fairy and Depths could be absolutely hauntingly ambient as well as Graveyard: Hide and Seek. Alternatively we might also get something ala Return of the Living Dead if the idea that partying teens wake the dead if they go that route.

What really got me thinking though is the music choices for a house set in Appalachia. It'll be missed opportunity if they don't have music playing when you enter like they did in Dead Waters.

The first 55 seconds of You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive that then blends in to something oppressively ambient would stop me in my tracks.

I've always wanted a Return Of The Living Dead-esque house coming to the event and it'll be awesome to see it coming true in this original, I'm very interested in this house, if it's another chapter of The Graveyard Series since first one Carnival Graveyard and this one about Hide & Seek, each one is about different themes. It'll be really cool if that's what they are doing this house.

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

Oh I agree I don't think it should be part of the Scary Tales brand, just curious if that is a possibility.

It might have the feel like it should be but definitely be a entirely different thing. I really hope they give us some details and sneak peeks into showing us what we are going to be seeing in this house and nightmarish they are going with it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I've always wanted a Return Of The Living Dead-esque house coming to the event and it'll be awesome to see it coming true in this original, I'm very interested in this house, if it's another chapter of The Graveyard Series since first one Carnival Graveyard and this one about Hide & Seek, each one is about different themes. It'll be really cool if that's what they are doing this house.

There isn’t a “Graveyard” series. The phrase on the list (that being: “Graveyard: Hide and seek with kids”) isn’t a title. It’s a location and story description. The house, as presented, is playing a game of hide and seek in a cemetery. 

It wouldn’t directly connect to Carnival Graveyard in any obvious way, if it connects at all narratively. They’re two completely different ideas and concepts.

A4ED8FA8-C439-4383-A71F-DD9A024A44FF.jpeg

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Legacy said:

There isn’t a “Graveyard” series. The phrase on the list (that being: “Graveyard: Hide and seek with kids”) isn’t a title. It’s a location and story description. The house, as presented, is playing a game of hide and seek in a cemetery. 

It wouldn’t directly connect to Carnival Graveyard in any obvious way, if it connects at all narratively. They’re two completely different ideas and concepts.

Oh okay, well the concept sounds really cool, I can’t wait to experience, hopefully Universal will give us a video as a sneak peak for it and stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Could it be an open floor plan?

8 minutes ago, ultimateforce said:

I went through Carnival Graveyard probably 5-8 times and I don't remember seeing things from multiple angles.

I think there were a few rooms in that house that you walked through multiple times at different angles. There was one where you could see people way ahead of you in the same room because you go through that room again later in the house.

Just now, Luigi18512 said:

I think there were a few rooms in that house that you walked through multiple times at different angles. There was one where you could see people way ahead of you in the same room because you go through that room again later in the house.

I remember the room where you're "outside" and the carnival ring leader pops out with a gun, that's about it for places you see twice. 

12 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Maybe they will be Children Of The Corn type kids.

Hearing that reminds me of wondering if we would ever see the return of the Children from the Skoolhouse lol, but honestly would love to see Children Of The Corn come to the event in the future but with King definitely wouldn't be a go but Universal always knows how to find a way to use it as some sort of concept and The Skool and The Skoolhouse were both awesome.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Hearing that reminds me of wondering if we would ever see the return of the Children from the Skoolhouse lol, but honestly would love to see Children Of The Corn come to the event in the future but with King definitely wouldn't be a go but Universal always knows how to find a way to use it as some sort of concept and The Skool and The Skoolhouse were both awesome.

Certainly have no problem with the Skoolhouse returning however after two years of Trick 'r Treat I don't need them that soon and that is kinda what worries me about the Graveyard Hide and Shriek is it just another kids in masks type deal? I just hope not since we have had a lot of that recently.