Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

9 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I had my audition tonight. 
 It was Interesting. 
 I won't know anything till 4 weeks. 
 I hope to be back to scare you.   

my areas that I need for total conquest of scaring. 
 most of soundstages 21, 22, 25, B79, new Blding. 
 San Fran, Central Park and Mib, south street. 
 I get hired this year, It would 7th year scaring and 8th year with the company. 

This is fantastic!  I suspect you'll be back scaring us all this year.  Please let us know where you will be.  Do you pay attention to the Nightmares shirts when you see them?  That's how I know which scareactors are part of the Nightmares family.  We wear our shirts constantly.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

It was Interesting. 

Wish the best of luck and hope to see you in a house or in the fog \m/ :) \m/

14 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

It was Interesting. 

Congrats!  WHEN you get hired, let us know where to find you!  We all know you're going to make it. 

Can you rank your roles over the years from best to worst?

7 hours ago, Legacy said:

They plan everything to the day. It's basic project management. With everything that gets coordinated few an announcement (graphics, blog post, website update, social media plan, and press releases), they have to have a hard date. It also helps them try to avoid announcing at times where bigger media things are occurring so HHN won't get swallowed.

Thanks for the education!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I thought we'd be getting an announcement today!  What the hell?  And why is it so quiet in here?

Yea super quiet on here....guess we are all just waiting for an announcement? Also the other tickets won't go on sale until after the BOGO sale ends on June 5. And no one has anything to speculate about scare zones so I guess here we are .... and wait

• Like 1

I'm really just honestly waiting around, I don't wanna play the "soon" card, obviously something is going on behind the scenes with the event, Murdy has been more talkative about HHN but not releasing anything probably until Midsummer's Scream where we usually we would get something from Hollywood but as for Orlando, I mean it's just been really dead quiet unless they are asked something weird questions and they'd respond but idk at this point.

8 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I'm really just honestly waiting around, I don't wanna play the "soon" card, obviously something is going on behind the scenes with the event, Murdy has been more talkative about HHN but not releasing anything probably until Midsummer's Scream where we usually we would get something from Hollywood but as for Orlando, I mean it's just been really dead quiet unless they are asked something weird questions and they'd respond but idk at this point.

I am no insider and this forum is my only way of knowing. But do we really know for sure that “something is going on behind the scenes” it really could just be a slow period since we have the spec map as detailed as we have and they are just low on announcements and quiet with Hagrid’s about to open. I mean not trying to say you are wrong but it could just be possible that we are on hold until Hagrid’s? I think they can get one more announcement in before Hagrid’s but I imagine a lot of the focus is on that right now.

Also just re-watched a video on YouTube of HHN 26 scare zones, and I personally liked the Chance In Hell scarezone but remember it getting a lot of crap that year. Then made me ponder on 28 with Chucky and I hated that zone and thought his jokes were awful and yet that zone got a ton of praise. I would always bolt through that zone or avoid it altogether .... but in essence the two zones are the same.... it may just be pure aesthetics as I love Chance, and bought as much Chance merch as I could lol.... idk it is just something to ponder as why does one work and the other doesn't as the joke and pick on guests scare zone seems to be a trend at HHN right now. Even though Chance In Hell worked for me I think it would be great if that style of scare zone took a break for a couple years. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I’m so excited to move to Florida this weekend and be able to see scarezone construction as it gets closer to the event!!

I just moved here 18 months ago, right before the 2017 event.   It's been rad being able to go to HHN as many nights as I always wanted to, something I couldn't afford to do when I lived up in Chicago.  Have a good move!  We moved to Central Florida because my girlfriend took a job down here, I didn't think I'd like all the heat at first, but being here definitely has its benefits.  Sure I miss beef sandwiches, but I've learned how to make my own.  Survival at it's finest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

Also just re-watched a video on YouTube of HHN 26 scare zones, and I personally liked the Chance In Hell scarezone but remember it getting a lot of crap that year. Then made me ponder on 28 with Chucky and I hated that zone and thought his jokes were awful and yet that zone got a ton of praise. I would always bolt through that zone or avoid it altogether .... but in essence the two zones are the same.... it may just be pure aesthetics as I love Chance, and bought as much Chance merch as I could lol.... idk it is just something to ponder as why does one work and the other doesn't as the joke and pick on guests scare zone seems to be a trend at HHN right now. Even though Chance In Hell worked for me I think it would be great if that style of scare zone took a break for a couple years. 

I enjoyed both the Chance and Chucky scare zones, although admittedly for entirely different reasons. I love Chance too. So seeing her get that spotlight was great. I don't live in Florida so until last year with the BOGO I only got one night each year. The time I spent in the Chance in Hell scare zone, I spent listening to Chance talk to guests, or to herself. I enjoyed her arguing with herself on the speaker more than I should have. Although with only one night I wanted to make sure I got to see the icon (so far the last icon we've had). As for the Chucky scare zone last year, I watched Chucky insult people once, and it was fine. What I actually enjoyed about the scare zone was the other characters. I thought it was cool seeing what "toys" were brought to life in the scare zone. I also enjoyed the set pieces of the barrel of monkey and easy-bake-oven. It might have been Chucky's scare zone, but there were other characters and set pieces to discover without paying any attention to Chucky.

4 hours ago, Rikku said:

I am no insider and this forum is my only way of knowing. But do we really know for sure that “something is going on behind the scenes” it really could just be a slow period since we have the spec map as detailed as we have and they are just low on announcements and quiet with Hagrid’s about to open. I mean not trying to say you are wrong but it could just be possible that we are on hold until Hagrid’s? I think they can get one more announcement in before Hagrid’s but I imagine a lot of the focus is on that right now.

Well yes, their focus on HP and the other day was with The Today Show cafe which makes me think we were going to get an announcement but it got changed because of the announcement of the restaurant but I mean I could see ourselves getting an announcement later on, I'm just not holding my breath on it,  but hopefully we'll get something that'll get us hyped up, some teaser video, finally the ticket sales or something. The Hagrid's coaster has been getting a lot of hype and I cannot wait for it, I'll definitely try to be there opening day for it or hopefully they do soft openings for it, it looks really cool. I honestly wouldn't doubt we'd have to wait till June for some announcements which would still be cool if they got that route.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

I honestly think a lot of people are just antsy, including me, I'd admit, I think it's not that we think we are behind the scenes but knowing what has been happening in previous years with Universal, somethings can repeat again you know, meaning like ips falling through or originals being change, dates and all that stuff, still coming off the withdrawal of last year, you can tell a lot of people are excited and very antsy about what's coming to Orlando, Hollywood has been very vocal a little more about their Hollywood event and seeing how Orlando has been only vocal but other events taking place at the park has kinda gotten people wanting to know more about HHN which honestly definitely seems too soon, which is why I think they'd honestly start in June and work from there because we only 4 months there, they'd probably have enough time to release everything, that's why I'm honestly not holding my breath and willing to wait but hope they'd give us a little more insight or more sneak peaks into the event, at least for the Stranger Things house and Nightingales because you'd think they would have made a original teaser video for the house but it looks like they could be saving it for later? I'm not sure but hopefully we get something in the coming weeks. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

that's why I'm honestly not holding my breath and willing to wait but hope they'd give us a little more insight or more sneak peaks into the event, at least for the Stranger Things house and Nightingales because you'd think they would have made a original teaser video for the house but it looks like they could be saving it for later? I'm not sure but hopefully we get something in the coming weeks. 

At one point someone said one of the originals could sort of serve as an icon house. Do you think maybe there's a special character in the Nightingales house? That might explain not releasing a teaser video yet, trying to save the surprise of someone who appears in the house.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

I've been told the originals will not have announcement videos this year.

Wow that's a real bummer and they were just starting to make a lot of cool ones too from last year and 27, hopefully they'll do em next year, maybe they'll give us at least sneak peek photos behind the scenes of the houses hopefully. I mean at least they could give us that.

4 hours ago, kablue said:

At one point someone said one of the originals could sort of serve as an icon house. Do you think maybe there's a special character in the Nightingales house? That might explain not releasing a teaser video yet, trying to save the surprise of someone who appears in the house.

I mean there would be a reason for a crossover, this doesn't seem like a crossover though, I think the only icons for that house would just be the Nightingales themselves, I think there could be another house that maybe has an icon-esque quality to it but not this one. It sucks though that we won't be getting teasers this year, I do hope we get some sneak peek photos into this house because it definitely sounds like it's going to be really cool though.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, Rollingbeatles said:

I just moved here 18 months ago, right before the 2017 event.   It's been rad being able to go to HHN as many nights as I always wanted to, something I couldn't afford to do when I lived up in Chicago.  Have a good move!  We moved to Central Florida because my girlfriend took a job down here, I didn't think I'd like all the heat at first, but being here definitely has its benefits.  Sure I miss beef sandwiches, but I've learned how to make my own.  Survival at it's finest. 

I'm sure you don't miss the crappy Chicago weather though.  SO OVER IT!  FYI, Buona Beef ships via www.goldbelly.com.  Just sayin.  :)   Also, if you miss the perfect Chicago dog, sometimes we do big open house promos at our escape room (www.dare2escape.com), and we've been known to serve real Chicago food - last time, it was actual Vienna beef hot dogs.. Chicago style.  I did crack up at the looks on some of the faces when they saw what we put on them.  However, a lot of people tried it for the first time and asked for more.  Maybe we'll do beef sandwiches next time, and you can come by and get a taste of home.

I'm completely bummed that there will be no video promos for the originals.  I thought they did an excellent job with those last year.  I always look forward to all the promo videos and have all of them saved on my YouTube account.  Sometimes, we just watch them all for fun.  

I know we go through this every year - everyone complaining about how long it takes to get announcements.. but it's just hard not to complain about.  I think the reason we are all here - the love of this event - naturally makes us impatient and demanding... like toddlers.  Doesn't make us bad.  Just makes us nerds.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I'm sure you don't miss the crappy Chicago weather though.  SO OVER IT!  FYI, Buona Beef ships via www.goldbelly.com.  Just sayin.  :)   Also, if you miss the perfect Chicago dog, sometimes we do big open house promos at our escape room (www.dare2escape.com), and we've been known to serve real Chicago food - last time, it was actual Vienna beef hot dogs.. Chicago style.  I did crack up at the looks on some of the faces when they saw what we put on them.  However, a lot of people tried it for the first time and asked for more.  Maybe we'll do beef sandwiches next time, and you can come by and get a taste of home.

I'm completely bummed that there will be no video promos for the originals.  I thought they did an excellent job with those last year.  I always look forward to all the promo videos and have all of them saved on my YouTube account.  Sometimes, we just watch them all for fun.  

I know we go through this every year - everyone complaining about how long it takes to get announcements.. but it's just hard not to complain about.  I think the reason we are all here - the love of this event - naturally makes us impatient and demanding... like toddlers.  Doesn't make us bad.  Just makes us nerds.

Admittedly I am part of a HUGE number of IL residents ready to leave.... living close to Orlando for no other reason than HHN as many nights as possible would be worth it alone!!!!

• Like 2