HHN 27 Discussion

Mark M.

If you are all correct about these things making it ok, my excitement level has just notched back up.  I don't live in Florida, but my Mom and stepfather do.  I have a business there, too.  I also have a lot of dear friends.   So, I was friggin stressing all damn weekend like I WAS there with you.   And yes, I was thinking about HHN as well and wondering if all that great work they did would be destroyed and opening night would be delayed.

My family is ok, my friends are ok, my business is ok - and now HHN will still be opening on Friday with most of everything intact.  It's a Halloween miracle!  I can't wait to get down there!  See you all in the fog on Friday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Considering the third movie takes place during an indoor stage competition with instruments, etc. it actually makes perfect sense.

However, this is (apparently) the last movie of the series. Would be kinda silly to open a new show based on the series that had it's last movie release 2 years before the live show opened. Just can't see it being a thing Universal would think would work in the parks. 

Now, back to HHN discussion, I am so happy the pumpkins and corn made it!!! Was really worried about both. With the amount of movement the tree branches had I figured all the pumpkins would be gone. I wonder if all the lighting inside them still works? Hearing conflicting reports about employee preview tomorrow night. Anybody hear anything official? 

Happy to hear most everything is ok with everyone down there on here,  first off!! Secondly, HHN opening friday, and not suffering any real loses that we know is another huge bonus!

Lastly,  The T2 replacement....does anyone hear if it could be "secret life of pets" at hand? I know it was a rumor before...i'm just thinking animal actors will be out with nintendo going up...so maybe, replace real animals with fake ones (lol)??  

4 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Something to keep in mind regarding reviews this first week. Multiple rehearsal nights apparently were cancelled and thus some actors have apparently not even gotten half an hour to practice their role. 

Keep an open mind, is all I'm saying. 

Oh yes.. because the two whole nights that they get for rehearsal makes such a big difference :rolleyes: Employee preview is the ONLY real "rehearsal" they actually have because they're dealing with actual guests (and usually worse guests because they're employees). Honestly, scareactors usually don't "find their groove" with a role, until AFTER opening weekend. They need the human contact to play off of.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Badge said:

However, this is (apparently) the last movie of the series. Would be kinda silly to open a new show based on the series that had it's last movie release 2 years before the live show opened. Just can't see it being a thing Universal would think would work in the parks. 

Now, back to HHN discussion, I am so happy the pumpkins and corn made it!!! Was really worried about both. With the amount of movement the tree branches had I figured all the pumpkins would be gone. I wonder if all the lighting inside them still works? Hearing conflicting reports about employee preview tomorrow night. Anybody hear anything official? 

The Fast and the Furious franchise was supposed to end 4 movies ago. As long as it's a cash cow, it's unfortunately not going away.

8 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Oh yes.. because the two whole nights that they get for rehearsal makes such a big difference :rolleyes: Employee preview is the ONLY real "rehearsal" they actually have because they're dealing with actual guests (and usually worse guests because they're employees). Honestly, scareactors usually don't "find their groove" with a role, until AFTER opening weekend. They need the human contact to play off of.

Definitely can attest to this. In fact, the sweet spot for scareactors is around 3 weeks in. It's when you've developed into your role and the managers have given you notes to the point where you've honed in on the direction, intensity and frequency of your scare. At the beginning of the run you're still trying to figure it out, you're sore because your body is performing repetitive movements you're not used to, and you're working hours that are totally abnormal(at least for me). In the middle of the run, you're stretched out and in the groove with all that I said above. At the end of the run, you've had it with the guests and you're sort of phoning it in because they've added a ton of nights from the previous year and your one "hell week" turns into 2 or 3. The last couple of nights you're able to turn it on because it's almost over and you want to empty the tank with everything you have.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Something to keep in mind regarding reviews this first week. Multiple rehearsal nights apparently were cancelled and thus some actors have apparently not even gotten half an hour to practice their role. 

Keep an open mind, is all I'm saying. 

When I look at week 1 reviews, I personally only look at what they say about the design of the houses themselves. To me that's what is always the most exciting about this first week, and you can also tell if the houses have potential for later when you read into this stuff from day 1

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, duh1011 said:

When I look at week 1 reviews, I personally only look at what they say about the design of the houses themselves. To me that's what is always the most exciting about this first week, and you can also tell if the houses have potential for later when you read into this stuff from day 1

It's also when all of the elements are in tact and the guests haven't punched holes in the walls, stolen things or complained that the area is "too slippery," "too dark" or "too scary."

• Like 4

I'm very lucky that the only loss I've damage near me (about 15 minutes south of Universal) are trees, hoping everyone else is doing ok wherever you are in the state! 

I'm getting very, very excited for Friday-now that the pumpkins came out unscathed, I'm hoping they'll put Sam back (or get Sam scareactors) if they already haven't! 

I was just at will call at the main entrance getting my tickets while on lunch.  For anyone going tonight, there is absolutely nothing up on the main entrance/archway.  Didn't see much looking down Avenue of the Stars towards NY.  You'd never know HHN was two days away.  I'm sure everything will be back by Friday.  Not sure how long it takes to hang the few signs at the archway, at least for this evening.  FYI.

EDIT:  This was literally my first time setting foot on property since HHN 26 ended - as far as my final night went.  It was a little surreal.  And also sucked knowing I have two more days to wait.  And yes, I know for all of you that have much longer to wait, it sucks more...

Edited by Pandry

10 minutes ago, Pandry said:

I was just at will call at the main entrance getting my tickets while on lunch.  For anyone going tonight, there is absolutely nothing up on the main entrance/archway.  Didn't see much looking down Avenue of the Stars towards NY.  You'd never know HHN was two days away.  I'm sure everything will be back by Friday.  Not sure how long it takes to hang the few signs at the archway, at least for this evening.  FYI.

EDIT:  This was literally my first time setting foot on property since HHN 26 ended - as far as my final night went.  It was a little surreal.  And also sucked knowing I have two more days to wait.  And yes, I know for all of you that have much longer to wait, it sucks more...

The archway can be done over night since it's nothing complex anymore. There was also not much down the street heading to New York before the storm besides the hanging black strips. Typically that area doesn't get many props because of the parade that still happens daily. Whatever props they do put out, get placed during the hour(ish) long downtime after park close but before HHN opens. With it being a total selfie zone (why do you feel like killing your actors eyes universal?!?!) I can't see many props at all. I see it being just a giant mess of actors with guests chasing them down for a picture. 

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

The archway can be done over night since it's nothing complex anymore. There was also not much down the street heading to New York before the storm besides the hanging black strips. Typically that area doesn't get many props because of the parade that still happens daily. Whatever props they do put out, get placed during the hour(ish) long downtime after park close but before HHN opens. With it being a total selfie zone (why do you feel like killing your actors eyes universal?!?!) I can't see many props at all. I see it being just a giant mess of actors with guests chasing them down for a picture. 

This.

I see the only zones with major decor already being mostly completed (Invasion, Purge, TrT).

Hollywood will probably have quite a bit as well, but those will probably be float style ones that they roll out during change-over a la Vamp last year.

Not sure where I read/saw it, or if I heard it on the Scare Zone podcast I listened to this morning, but someone said the "Selfie Zone" has some new stuff up but mostly "IP Signs" for the IP houses featured in it.   Hopefully someone else picking up their tickets who has an AP will sneak in to snap a couple pics :)

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Not sure where I read/saw it, or if I heard it on the Scare Zone podcast I listened to this morning, but someone said the "Selfie Zone" has some new stuff up but mostly "IP Signs" for the IP houses featured in it.   Hopefully someone else picking up their tickets who has an AP will sneak in to snap a couple pics :)

That may have been me on the other forum this morning. Here's an actual tweet with pictures now.

• Like 1