HHN 27 Discussion

Mark M.

Yeah, one has to take the biggest grain of salt with scare zones at the moment due to Irma butting in. (After all, AoV's stage needs to be built back up again before they can perform.)

Now if there's still nothing out a couple weeks later, then there's problem. But until then, give them time and all the zones will be up 100%.

Hearing incredible things about nearly all of the houses. Quite a few people are having a tough time making a top 5 list because their top 5 could be put in any order because they are all so good. One person said it is the best HHN has been in at least 10 years as far as houses go. Nothing but extreme praise for Dead Waters and it's insane facade that I can't wait to see in person! Blumhouse is the only bad house from basically everybody I have talked with. Said Sinister your in and out of in about 30-40 feet and then Insidious and Purge have some copy/paste rooms from their previous houses. 

As far as Scarezones go, I am hearing great things about Purge (surprisingly) and Trick'r Treat (mostly just the visual look of it...not so much the scares). Invasion seems to be a let down. Alters of Horror and especially Festival of the Deadliest don't seem finished. Festival had NO props. Simply strange rock music and lights with actors. Even still, the zone is NOTHING like I pictured it and I don't think props will fix that. I was expecting a Festival of the Dead type zone with bright skull masks, neon colors, fun music, etc. Still going to go into the zones with an open mind because of Irma. Hopefully by next weekend (at the latest) things will be in full swing in the zones the way they were intended.   

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Festival of the Dead type zone with bright skull masks, neon colors, fun music, etc.

Man if we ever got a true successor to Esqueleto Muerte from 2010 I would be thrilled. That zone was the shit and one of my absolute favorites to watch. Wondering what my "hang out" zone will be this year.

Edit: Can't seem to find the info on their site for hours. Are tomorrow and Saturday running until 2am?

Edit 2 - Electric Boogaloo: Found them. 1am.

I'll give them a full week to pull things together.  With the team they have in place, it's more than possible.

If a Broadway show can retool, add songs, choreography, set pieces, props, etc in one or two days, with the actors learning these things at a moment's notice, then HHN can learn from their mistakes and give us the show we deserve.

I haven't been to UO in a couple years up until I went to Citywalk for a movie and some drinks a couple weeks ago and holy shit it's like going through a TSA checkpoint. With security as tight as it is at Citywalk, will there be another chokepoint of metal detectors at the entrance to the park like I'm used to? Or will this relieve some of the pressure at the turnstiles to the event?