HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 hours ago, Ecto_Freak said:

BTW A&D didn't want to do Dracula Untold... It was forced upon them(same with Hollywood)

Yup.. I had to laugh at Murdy's tweet when discussing the maze 

"Chris and I decided on this film when it was just a script".. Yeah right, sure you did... 

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 1

On December 8, 2016 at 5:00 PM, horror lover said:

Yup.. I had to laugh at Murdy's tweet when discussing the maze 

"Chris and I decided on this film when it was just a script".. Yeah right, sure you did... 

correction *Chris and I were told we were doing this film when it was just a script"

On 12/6/2016 at 5:59 PM, ForeverEvil1 said:

So The Mummy trailer is out. Does not look like a pure horror movie, very action...but Untold looked that way as well. 

It does come out a few months prior to HHN, so cross fingers it dosen't bomb...probably what those at Universal are doing.

Something to note quick: Mike confirmed on Twitter that the Social Team was in official control of the Twitter (as part of his "stepping back" he mentioned last year) but he said he will try to give updates when he can.

he did confirm he was taken through the first maze creative today (same day as Murdy has completed a rough draft of his first maze, just to point out).

So basically, updates gonna feel slower than ever.

11 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Something to note quick: Mike confirmed on Twitter that the Social Team was in official control of the Twitter (as part of his "stepping back" he mentioned last year) but he said he will try to give updates when he can.

he did confirm he was taken through the first maze creative today (same day as Murdy has completed a rough draft of his first maze, just to point out).

So basically, updates gonna feel slower than ever.

Yea I tagged him in a tweet and he wrote back saying its a social channel.

I wish they did do yr round stuff for the die hards

So for those of us that travel and request off huge chunks of time off for HHN it is never to early to start planning and begging work for time off lol. I just noticed that Halloween 2017 lands on a Tuesday. Which I can't remember what HHN has done when it lands on a Tuesday. Think it'll be open up through the 29th then open again on the 31st then closed for the season? Or with the Nov nights this year they will extend into the first weekend of Nov? But still be open on 31st? Probably will be crazy slow but they have to be open on Halloween night even if it is a Tuesday! lol! Obviously we won't know till we know but I am curious what initial thoughts are. 

14 hours ago, Rikku said:

So for those of us that travel and request off huge chunks of time off for HHN it is never to early to start planning and begging work for time off lol. I just noticed that Halloween 2017 lands on a Tuesday. Which I can't remember what HHN has done when it lands on a Tuesday. Think it'll be open up through the 29th then open again on the 31st then closed for the season? Or with the Nov nights this year they will extend into the first weekend of Nov? But still be open on 31st? Probably will be crazy slow but they have to be open on Halloween night even if it is a Tuesday! lol! Obviously we won't know till we know but I am curious what initial thoughts are. 

Well, Halloween fell on a Tuesday in 2006, and on a Wednesday in 2007 and 2012.

In those years, HHN was open on Halloween night, so I think it's a pretty good bet that it will happen on Oct 31, 2017.

They have not had HHN on a Monday or Tuesday unless it was Halloween, so the 30th is unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2016 at 6:47 AM, Jediwhit82 said:

Alien Covenant trailer looks a lot more horror ish then Prometheus did. If they wanted to make a house for it, or for both it and Prometheus it would be pretty cool.

See, while I agree Covenant would be awesome, Disney owns the attraction rights to Alien. Then again I'm not sure if Prometheus falls within the "Alien" franchise, as it could be the same as AVP where it's a stand alone franchise and therefore the attraction rights are theirs for the taking.

On 1/2/2017 at 11:51 AM, ChanceTheClown said:

See, while I agree Covenant would be awesome, Disney owns the attraction rights to Alien. Then again I'm not sure if Prometheus falls within the "Alien" franchise, as it could be the same as AVP where it's a stand alone franchise and therefore the attraction rights are theirs for the taking.

From what I understood Disney doesn't own attraction rights to Alien despite it being highlighted in the Great Movie Ride. HHN used the AVP brand because Fox said it would allow HHN creative to have more design flexibility than if they used Alien which then the Fox team would've been a lot more strict on HHN about design choices. Either way I'm both an Alien and Predator junkie and I am more than welcoming of either of their return to HHN, AVP or solo. 

My wishlist is pretty simple:

Trick 'R Treat - Krampus was done this year...TrT's turn.

Evil Dead - based on either the old movies or the new Ash vs Evil Dead show (or BOTH...even MORE epic!)

Return of the Living Dead - Long shot, but there was already mention of "punk zombies"...why not based on THIS IP?

Retruning house, Nightingales would be great...someone mentioned Catacombs, LOVED LOVED that house and recall that being my FAVORITE house that year. Felt like I was in the middle of an italian Gore flick set like Burial Ground or similar!  Must've done it 3 or 4 times the one night I went that year.

My "out there/probably NEVER EVER happen" wishlist:

Dead Alive aka Braindead (Peter Jackson New Zealand Gorefest) - My kids and are were watching this the other night (they were watching for the first time) and THEY actually came up with the idea...scene after scene they were like "imagine this basement set at HHN?"....mannnnnn!

Shaun of the Dead - Be GREAT for this movie to get its own house. Universal has the rights...but is it popular enough?

Edited by jorgito2001

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, hunnylvr said:

Can I say how pissed I am they picked Tom Cruise for this?  I mean, really?  

A Scientology house would be terrifying!  Miscavige as the Icon.  They'd probably go for it if it showed Leah Remini being killed in every scene.

9 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Murdy says the second maze for Hollywood is tricky. Trickier than any maze he's worked on before. Trickier than The Exorcist.

Now, he's only talking about Hollywood, but we often share many of the IPs.

USHForums is speculating on Hellraiser, which I think would be a definite share.

It's one of the last "bigger" horror franchises that hasn't gotten the treatment. 

• Like 1

My HHN '17 Speculations and Hopes.

Speculations (Realistic)

-Icon: New or Old, I don't really care as long as there is one and it isn't Jack or Chance.

-Ahs: Basically a guarantee. Hoping the maze is a little longer this year. (Especially Asylum)

-Saw: To coincide with the new film this year.

-James Wan Maze: Conjuring Or Insidious. (Hoping for Conjuring)

-Vamp '55 Maze: SZ was really popular last year (and well done) hoping to see it expanded into a maze.

Speculations (Hopes)

-Amityville: Really hoping Universal continues the classic movie trend we've seen in the past few years (Halloween, Exorcist, Etc.) From what I've heard there's going to be a new Amity movie this year, though it was supposed to come out last year.

Vamp '88 Maze: The maze could be set 30 years after the Scarezone. Seeing how popular the 80's setting from Stranger Things and the upcoming It remake is, It would make sense to capitalize on this nostalgic trend.

-Twin Peaks: With the new season coming out near HHN I could see a possible TP maze. Personally I would love to see this as Twin Peaks is one of my favorites pieces of media. They could do a recap of seasons one and two and a bit of the new season. 

Edited by Indyweasley

On 1/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, Dr. Jimmy said:

Murdy tweeted the first code name for a maze yesterday. This is for a maze at HHN in Hollywood, of course, but it is likely an IP and quite possibly one shared with Orlando.

LEMONADE

What could it mean?

What it means is that I won't bother caring about code names since they're often ridiculous hard to guess :)

• Like 1