HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Music houses ain't gonna happen again. Only reason AC happened was because of Hollywood synergy. I don't think Mike (or the rest of A&D) like any bands enough to use them, especially using them over movies and tv shows, which are way easier to appeal to an audience in maze form.

I like pro wrestling, but I have no desire to see WWE or any pro wrestling at the event, unless it's part of a comedy house of sorts. Just dosent fit with the event, IMO. Again, more of a Hollywood thing IMO.

Or to be less general, a John Murdy thing.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

https://hhnunofficial.com/2016/10/22/did-universal-just-secretly-announce-a-house-for-hhn27/

Makes a pretty interesting argument for The Amityville Horror.

Apparently that site is very clickbaity (so says people on OU) but I wouldn't mind Amityville making an appearance. I would say it deserves an appearance as one of the 70's / 80's more well known classics they haven't tackled yet.

9 hours ago, clash said:

not famous enough. 

as far as metal and popularity goes I think they should do a house based on Slipknot. Slipknot is probably one of the biggest metal bands of the last decade, everyone knows who they are or at least recognizes their masks. their music is played on mainstream radio and their concerts are very big. I can't think of any other recent band that would be as big and that would have the theatrics for a house (besides maybe Rob Zombie) 

Im not even saying that as a slipknot fan or im not hoping they do a house on them because i love them or anything, I haven't really liked their last 2 cds and i dont listen to them often.

But their masks and their music videos and their theatrics would translate very easily for a house. visually they already resemble characters from a haunted attraction and the sets would be easy to do just following their music videos. I think Universal could have a popular house if they tried to get the rights for ahouse. (they could even sell the masks at the stores and make money that way as well)  

That's great.. but what does Corey Taylor think of a possible Slipknot maze? LOL (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

On 11/15/2016 at 6:01 AM, clash said:

not famous enough. 

as far as metal and popularity goes I think they should do a house based on Slipknot. Slipknot is probably one of the biggest metal bands of the last decade, everyone knows who they are or at least recognizes their masks. their music is played on mainstream radio and their concerts are very big. I can't think of any other recent band that would be as big and that would have the theatrics for a house (besides maybe Rob Zombie) 

Im not even saying that as a slipknot fan or im not hoping they do a house on them because i love them or anything, I haven't really liked their last 2 cds and i dont listen to them often.

But their masks and their music videos and their theatrics would translate very easily for a house. visually they already resemble characters from a haunted attraction and the sets would be easy to do just following their music videos. I think Universal could have a popular house if they tried to get the rights for ahouse. (they could even sell the masks at the stores and make money that way as well)  

I'm admittedly biased as a Misfits fan, but they're huge right now. Last show they got top billing over Rob Zombie. Even if not specifically Misfits, horrorpunk would still be cool. Something like Return of the Living Dead II. Zombies, Mohawks, chainsaws...

Edited by Brandon_Voorhees
  • Like 2

I will keep up with the spec all year but for the first time in like a decade Im not gonna make HHN in 2017. dammit. Family Disney trip in Feb and a new baby at the end of April.... vacation time and money will be depleted WAY before the haunt season! LOL

As far as the snow globes... that speculation makes total sense. I bet that house will make a great facade entering a sound stage! very cool. Personally I think the movie is meh though.... buts its iconic for sure!!!

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I will keep up with the spec all year but for the first time in like a decade Im not gonna make HHN in 2017. dammit. Family Disney trip in Feb and a new baby at the end of April.... vacation time and money will be depleted WAY before the haunt season! LOL

As far as the snow globes... that speculation makes total sense. I bet that house will make a great facade entering a sound stage! very cool. Personally I think the movie is meh though.... buts its iconic for sure!!!

Hope you make it man. Use Couchsurfing and airbnb, a bus, whatever, to get down. Can't miss out on a tradition! Congrats on the baby.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:29 AM, criticalanalysis said:

Hope you make it man. Use Couchsurfing and airbnb, a bus, whatever, to get down. Can't miss out on a tradition! Congrats on the baby.

thanks man! Yeah I might have to come down in a whirlwind weekend sans wife. Of course I might have divorce papers waiting for me when I get back if I do HHN w/out her. Its literally her favorite thing to do! Like all of us I guess!

• Like 3

On 11/1/2016 at 1:44 PM, foREVer56 said:

Absolutely. I don't care what properties they decide to make. If it's lacking the heart that this year lacks, it's going to feel off. 

My spec:

1. AHS (obvi)

2. TWD (Unless they decide on doing the year round attraction, this year's house was well enough received that higher ups will not see a need to ax it yet.)

3. James Blum movie (Either Insidious 4 or Conjuring. Murdy's got a thing for him it seems, and Insidious has been received exceptionally on both coasts. Either would draw a large crowd, and has potential to be very scary. Personally, I'd rather Conjuring.)

4. 70's Classic

5. Either Chucky or SAW (They keep selling Chucky merch so I feel like that's coming at some point. SAW is coming back next year and is still well known enough that it could draw a crowd. I would love to see them redeem themselves after 2009's missed opportunity. I would hope they put it in an environment with A/C this time ;) )

6. Classic movie chosen by A&D (I'd love something Evil Dead related, but this could be anything.)

7. sequel to an original (Would love to FINALLY have a Nightingales sequel.)

8. Original

9. 3D house ( I honestly wouldn't mind if they kept doing this as a cost effective way to have a 9th house. Just give me new layouts every year with great scares and I won't mind the same, mundane neon 3D walls every year. Or, if they would like to be creative again, take inspiration from The In-Between and break the stereotype that all 3D houses are cheesy and not scary. I know they have it in them.)

Shows:
1. B&T

2. AoV, or some other dance show. Both coasts have proven this is a success.

3. Vamped up Horror Makeup Show (Most cost effective way to add a 3rd show: higher nighttime actors, change the show up a bit, make gorier/edgier, and boom. Takes an extra few hundred people off the streets, raises capacity, raises event value.)

Zones:
Some form of apocalypse in NY

4 others. Zones are normally original so you can't guess what themes they decide to do.

I love the hordes in designated areas, but it would be nice to have a year devoid of chainsaws. Does EVERY horde have to have them?

I have been saying for YEARS that we should have Horror Makeup Show at HHN - but it would be a revised version of it - seen ONLY at HHN.  They could make it relevant to whatever the "theme" or big IP or icon was that year.  I love, love, love that show - and I would totally take time out of my HHN night to watch it.  

• Like 4

Since we are now speculating and wishing, I will put out there what's on my wish list:

1.  Phantasm - I think this would make a GREAT house because there are so many iconic scenes in this movie.  Plus, you know they'd have to put the mortuary in there which is creepy all by itself.. and then the Tall Man would show up and go after you.. OMG, I would love it!  I know Mike loves this movie, so I have hope.

2.  Trick R Treat - cannot believe we are all still waiting for this to happen.  This is another classic that deserves the HHN treatment.  I firmly believe A&D would throw as much love into it as they did with Halloween.

3.  Vamp 55 house - I enjoyed the hell out of this scare zone as I know many did.  They have an endless opportunity with this idea to make it into a great house

4.  The Mummy - based on the original Universal monster pic.  I know they are remaking it, and I am hoping it stays true.  This was one of the first horror movies I watched as a very young kid (probably 8).  I had finally talked my Father into staying up with me for the Friday Night "Creature Feature", and this was the movie. He fell asleep, and I watched and then screamed so loud when the Mummy woke up that my Father rolled right off the couch.  It's a fond memory of me with my Father, and now that he's gone, it's a bigger deal. <end sappy wishful thinking>

5.  An original based on a funeral home.  I think Howl-O-Scream does a hell of a job with Zombie Mortuary.  I truly love that house.  I'd love to see HHN tackle that kind of theme without making it a "zombie house".  If it was claustrophobic in parts and full of all the creepy funeral home stuff, I think it could be very effective.

6.  As stated above, I would be thrilled to see the Horror Makeup Show "limited engagement", only shown at HHN.  I would want a script written relevant to that year's theme/icon/biggest IP.  I would want them to roll some footage of said IP/theme/icon that gives us the behind-the-scenes feel, and then move on to the show to further indulge us. I would want the same sarcastic humor. Hell, bring in some of the known Face Off makeup artists to be the 'straight man' on how make up is done, and roll with it.  It'd be awesome! I would attend that show the way some of you attend B&T

7.  The Walking Dead can f-off already

8.  Bring back the Halloween feel in the scarezones.  I know, I know, 25 was an anniversary year, and they went "all out".  I don't expect that level, but I want SOMETHING.  And for god's sake, can we please have pumpkins??  Also, I want a quality scarezone like Grown Evil or Evil's Roots put back in that spot.  I was so disappointed in Banshee's Lair, I literally almost cried.

9.  What was the year where they had the scareactors on the bungees in the streets where Chance's scarezone was this year?  I'd love to see something like that again.  Scareactors on bungees are amazingly effective.  At HOS this year, one of them came flying out of the trees and scared me so badly, it took my breath away.  I don't scare easily, so that's saying something.  When was the last time HHN had scareactors on bungees?  Gothic?  Or was there something after that I'm forgetting?

10.  American Horror Story - yes please.  However they want to do it.  Asylum in 27, Coven in 28, Roanoke in 29?  I don't care as long as they do it.  I loved AHS this year - it was the highlight for me, hands down, don't even have to think about it.

17 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

1.  Phantasm - I think this would make a GREAT house because there are so many iconic scenes in this movie.  Plus, you know they'd have to put the mortuary in there which is creepy all by itself.. and then the Tall Man would show up and go after you.. OMG, I would love it!  I know Mike loves this movie, so I have hope.

they could use projections too for the sphere. Make it look like its all over the place. creepy series too.

18 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

8.  Bring back the Halloween feel in the scarezones.  I know, I know, 25 was an anniversary year, and they went "all out".  I don't expect that level, but I want SOMETHING.  And for god's sake, can we please have pumpkins??  Also, I want a quality scarezone like Grown Evil or Evil's Roots put back in that spot.  I was so disappointed in Banshee's Lair, I literally almost cried.

You and I are Team Pumpkin. #teampumpkin

Agreed. Central park needs pumpkins for that traditional Halloween feel. Every.... single... year.

• Like 2

I'm sure that a lot of people would want something like this in those potter areas.

Do you guys think it's possible?

I went three times to USJ before I was able to see it once, due to rain, the lottery system, and the amount of people they can actually fit in there.

I think the christmas thing they do is easily possible but this I don't know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spencer_cruentus813 said:

Simple.... bring back the world of terra

Cruentus!!! Hhn 2005 didn't get the justice it deserved!! A remake would be amazing! Forget Ip's if your to young to rememer 2000-2005 you don't know what you missed!!! 

I wasn't too young, but I'm definitely interested in elaboration!

17 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

So The Mummy trailer is out. Does not look like a pure horror movie, very action...but Untold looked that way as well. 

It does come out a few months prior to HHN, so cross fingers it dosen't bomb...probably what those at Universal are doing.

Can I say how pissed I am they picked Tom Cruise for this?  I mean, really?  

• Gambit pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic