HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

14 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Usher, Director, and Caretaker are the only Icons that are worth a damn for HHN imo.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're the only ones "worth a damn" but they're certainly my favorites. It may also just be coincidence that 2002, 2003 and 2009 were my favorite years.

I would still prefer to see some new Icons though. Like, completely new. Not tied to lore (Lady Luck, Bloody Mary) or other characters (Chance) or past events (Eddie).

Give me something fresh damnit.

• Like 3

I always thought a fortune teller would make a pretty decent Icon with the right backstory and look. Could film the commercial were 3-4 people go to some creepy, side of the road fortune teller tent inside a freakshow where she "predicts" how they will all die. Then, to kinda tie it all together put look-a-like actors in the houses that "die" the way she predicted in the commercial. Could come up with some really awesome looking fortune teller cards that are used at the gates to show off each house. Then they could make a SZ themed around the same freakshow that's shown in the commercial. Could then even put up a mini-stage in the zone were throughout the night she picks "guests" to come up and get their fortune read where she tells them how they will die and moments later that happens to them inside the zone. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marmoset said:

What fun would that be?

Regarding the Hollywood list. There are 3 things confirmed from it. The AHS house will feature 3 seasons not just Roanoke, one of them is go no go and that the list seems to be missing something...No?

Did Hollywood finally announce AHS?

Seems to me that list is now highly suspect since AHS wasn't announced. 

Unless, I missed the announcement. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Eh. Hollywood just had Roanoke apparently. 

Last year, Hollywood announced TCM later to tie in to the whole "Titans of Teror" thing.

Besides, it was the Hollywood list anyways. And the people who leaked only ever predicted shared properties, never confirmed.

16 hours ago, Grime said:

Today I learned inspecting a web page in chrome and CTRL+F for "jack" and other various terms, or just skimming the page, makes someone an "experienced code reader."

I LOL'd when I saw that as well. Granted there is some merit to the method as they have played their hand a few times this way. I remember all the house code names were embedded in the game pages for Lady luck.  

Texas could also be House of 1000 corpses, From Dusk Till Daw, Planet Terror/Death Proof, or The Town the Dreaded Sundown... But I mean of course it TCM. Meh. Throw for a loop Universal with Bubba Ho-Tep .

Honestly, other than the possibility of The Shining (and "creepy hotel" has been done to death anyway), nothing they potentially have in the works is peaking my interest really. So it won't be hard to skip this year at all. Krampus pulled me in last year. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

You're absolutely right. Hollywood hasn't announced AHS yet. While I'm not sure about the complete list it says two things. 

1. Arriving

2. Departing

• Like 2

2 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

This year already has a pretty shit hype train on it. I'm with JDW on this one.

e705cc63fc112a77ac0492692772853a9c0ca831ff90115706d57625218c5320.jpg

Although I didn't get to make it out last year. I may still go this year if funds are permitting since I work right down the road, just as an excuse to hang out after work on Fridays. Maybe take some pictures and people watch, have some drinks.

We'll see.

• Like 2

Well I am still surprised they are going for another round of three seasons. So what does that mean for 28? AHS will be done by then? Just the 7th season? I think the AHS house for this year will be great but I am just curious about AHS future at the event, like I am fine if they call it quits with AHS after this year but I feel that is unlikely and with all the seasons used up now it'll quickly go to TWD status and somehow become stale even though the themes each season are different. 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:57 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

*takes a deep breath*

I have reasons as to why King may have finally agreed. The first being A&D's treatment of classics. They've done fantastic jobs. The second is the abundance of King material being released. The Dark Tower (the premise does appear to be a continuation of the story. Will Roland have the horn though to make that obvious to us Constant Readers?), IT, Gerald's Game, Castle Rock, and the new coauthored book that is revisiting Castlerock. He's pushing out a ton of material. 

Now for my wild speculation about Uncharted Waters:

An entire event dedicated to the works and world of one person. My wish come true for an event titled "From the mind of Stephen King". We could have an icon: the Crimson King or Flagg. All his works interconnect. That's in full display in the Castle Rock trailer. Interestingly enough, when one views that trailer, one can see all those lines are synapses. It's a BRAIN or mind. Checkmate could be IT or The Shining or a Castle Rock house. It could also be The Stand or Dark Tower. All can be linked to a chess theme.  

I'm going to live in this delusion until it's thoroughly dashed. 

Honey, you and I are on the exact same wish list, delusion, whatever.  I would completely lose my shit if what you described were to actually happen.  I mean, seriously, in the world of Halloween events, HHN is my favorite thing ever.. in the world of horror in the huge general scope, Stephen King is my favorite, my idol, the man who shaped my childhood, my view on the world, my love of horror.  To combine the two .. I can't even fathom.  Honestly, after the event, I could die a happy woman.

• Like 1

It's funny, if the entire event is Stephen King I would be extremely pissed off and think that it is pathetic and "safe."

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

Well I am still surprised they are going for another round of three seasons. So what does that mean for 28? AHS will be done by then? Just the 7th season? I think the AHS house for this year will be great but I am just curious about AHS future at the event, like I am fine if they call it quits with AHS after this year but I feel that is unlikely and with all the seasons used up now it'll quickly go to TWD status and somehow become stale even though the themes each season are different. 

Guess they'll do a "best of" house like they did last year for TWD :(

And we're already seeing shit, generic marketing folks. A boring announcement for an expected IP on the existing website's template with no teaser for this year (meaning, remember how Jack was teased at the end of, what was it, 24? Nothing this year).

58 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

And we're already seeing shit, generic marketing folks. A boring announcement for an expected IP on the existing website's template with no teaser for this year (meaning, remember how Jack was teased at the end of, what was it, 24? Nothing this year).

I mean seriously... there wasn't even an interesting design or photo for AHS on the website just the name of the house in front of a gray backdrop.

Also, Since this is Speculation.... my mind has recently gone to thinking about HOW in the world they would do a Shining house if they even got the property... I mean with the Exorcist they proved they could make something out of a one room situation. But I would NOT be hyped on seeing Jack pop out from some doors with an axe for the entire house. And the blood elevator.... something tells me we'd get some lame projection similar to FvJ. Room 237 could be cool although they'd definitely censor the tub lady. I guess there could be a decent snow maze with.... wait for it.... more Jack's with an axe

I'd be way more hyped on an IT house.... Seriously Have you guys seen the new 29 neibolt street house? Its Terrifying!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rikku said:

I've been thinking about this as well. Add on the fact that this next season of AHS is based on the election and there is no way Universal is going to get political in a HHN maze, I feel like we won't see season 7 come to the event. Part of me feels like they might getting through all the seasons quickly so they can toss together a permanent maze based around AHS. With AHS being on TV for at least 3 more years (7-9) they could open the year round haunt in the spring and "plus" it during HHN like Hollywood did with TWD. Plus, if they plan ahead, they could set aside some extra space to expand the house with the new seasons if popular enough.

This way they will know what works and what doesn't work for all 6 seasons and add/cut elements to make the whole experience even better. Plus, walking through all 6 seasons in one maze would be worth the wait since we would be looking at a 8-10 minute long experience so they could pulse the queue during non-HHN times. Plus, it would be another attraction they could market and help with the crowds from F&F. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

It's funny, if the entire event is Stephen King I would be extremely pissed off and think that it is pathetic and "safe."

Guess they'll do a "best of" house like they did last year for TWD :(

Critical, sometimes you can be such an asshat.  If they were to incorporate Stephen King into the whole event, it would hardly be "pathetic and safe".  Just the opposite, actually, since it's known they have been trying to get him to work with them for a lot of years.  Do you really think that after working so hard to land such a prize that they would allow it to be "pathetic and safe"?   Please.  This isn't TWD where it was a hugely corporate thing.  This is a LOVE thing, and we all know what amazing shit they pull off when they truly love a property  (see:  Halloween, American Werewolf, etc).  Don't always piss in the Cheerios, ok?  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Grime said:

Y'all wanna sit here and act like fucking children be my guest. Can't say I didn't try.

I'll check back in a few days when we're talking about HHN again. Later.

Well that escalated quickly.  I didn't think "asshat" was some horrible put down to create such a hostile retort.  How about chill a bit?  I have no personal issue with Critical.  I'm used to him.  Sometimes he makes excellent points, and i will say so.  However, part of discussion is sometimes calling someone on being an asshat if they are.  The idea that doing an SK event would be "pathetic and safe" is simply ridiculous - based on nothing but an amped sense of CYNICAL, not CRITICAL.  I seriously doubt CA is going to take that as personally as you did.. so who is acting the child?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

...and cue him shitting all over AWiL and Halloween in 3.....2.....1.... 

AWIL's 1st iteration and Halloween 1 were amazing houses. The Exorcist and a lot of their other "love projects" for IPs are horrible.

5 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

If they were to incorporate Stephen King into the whole event, it would hardly be "pathetic and safe".

I don't mind being called an asshat, not a sensitive person lol. That said, I disagree (hence why I said "I would think..."). In my opinion it is pathetic (wasting an entire event on non-scary properties) and safe (replicating a movie to a haunt is way easier than coming up with something from scratch AND it is safe since people already know his works thus there is less risk).

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Sometimes he makes excellent points, and i will say so.

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

However, part of discussion is sometimes calling someone on being an asshat if they are.

I would agree, some others won't.

On a lighter note...

Catacombs from #HHN 20 is rumored to return for #HHN 27 in Orlando as one of the "original" haunted mazes.

So, another interesting piece of info about "It". It shattered the world record for most number of views in 24 hours for it's first trailer. It was viewed 197 million times in 24 hours beating FF8's old record of 123 million. You know the powers at be are going to be trying even harder to lock down this IP now. Going to be interesting to see if they can finally convince King to let them create houses for his IP's. 

• Like 2

• Gambit pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic