HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

In regards to your "Uncharted waters" clue, that could just mean "something that hasn't been done before." Which could be anything. Idk. I'm always skeptical about these sorts of things until we get an official word anyway.

Volcano Bay is water-themed, opening in May, and is "uncharted" in more ways than one. But I can't imagine them incorporating a water park with an alcohol-fueled horror event at all. A 4-month old (at the time of the event) one at that.

Edit: Didn't see   "I'm not sure if Hollywood is in on the fun. I would suppose that they would be. All things considered."

So Hollywood could not be in on the fun if that were the case anyway. It was a hell of a stretch though.

The speculation continues onward...

50 minutes ago, Grime said:

Volcano Bay is water-themed, opening in May, and is "uncharted" in more ways than one. But I can't imagine them incorporating a water park with an alcohol-fueled horror event at all. A 4-month old (at the time of the event) one at that.

Edit: Didn't see   "I'm not sure if Hollywood is in on the fun. I would suppose that they would be. All things considered."

So Hollywood could not be in on the fun if that were the case anyway. It was a hell of a stretch though.

The speculation continues onward...

The water slides will be left unharmed by the drunkerds hahaha while water adds onto the clue it doesn't really have anything to do with this year's event

Edited by marmoset

*another deep breath* I've been needing to take them all day.  The IT trailer drops tomorrow. My years in this fandom have me hoping that means in 1 minute.

I've found a reason for Mr. King to cave. A creative one. Not creative as in fanciful, but as in something a creator would need. 

IT part 2 will not happen unless IT part 1 is a success. Most creators need to see a work completed. HHN would be more than free advertising. It would be paid to advertise there. It would open IT to a new demographic. A larger audience. The youth who do not fondly remember the miniseries. Those who did not grow up seeing the commercials for his books. It would be a way to assure a greater success.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

IT part 2 will not happen unless IT part 1 is a success. Most creators need to see a work completed. HHN would be more than free advertising. It would be paid to advertise there. It would open IT to a new demographic. A larger audience. The youth who do not fondly remember the miniseries. Those who did not grow up seeing the commercials for his books. It would be a way to assure a greater success.

I would love your fantasy of an all king event to be true, that would be awesome!

I don't think HHN could possibly make any real difference with IT's boxoffice.  The HHN commercials and stuff are so localized that it wouldn't mean much at all.  The park itself during the day wouldn't do much for guests.  As for HHN itself, I'd say that a safe assumption is that 50% of the people who attend are at least somewhat fans of horror movies and know who King is, what IT is, and are aware of the movie and pretty much already know if they're going to go see it or not.

How many individual people go to HHN?  I have no clue, but let's say it's 1 million.  Between everybody that buys FFP, RoF, etc, etc, I'd say a majority of people on most nights are attending multiple times.  Average price of a movie ticket is say $10.  if every one of those people weren't going to see the movie before and were convinced to go see it, that would only add $10m to the whole gross.  That's nothing.  Yes, pulling the math out of my ass, but it illustrates my point.  I believe the movie only cost about $30M, but the marketing budget and making all the prints (though many theaters are all digital now) and doing the dubbed or subtitled versions for foreign markets, etc, etc, etc will probably add another $30M to that.  The rule of thumb is you have to double that total domestically to make a profit and international is mostly gravy.  The Great Wall with Matt Damon cost $150M, made only $45M in the US, but nearly $300M overseas and the company still wrote down a $75M loss on the film.  (http://deadline.com/2017/03/the-great-wall-box-office-china-hollywood-analysis-future-coproduction-xxx-1201938044/).

A relatively small audience like HHN, who are already predominantly horror movie fans (and anybody going to the park during the day is already presumably a movie fan to a degree) isn't going to have much of an affect on the success of the movie.

1 minute ago, timbo8 said:

i mean it i was surpise being announced soon

Ah, that makes sense.

Still, glad they decided to do the remaining three seasons instead of just doing Roanoke like people were saying.  (Kind of wish Asylum had it's own house, but oh well)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itsjosie said:

I'll finger-paint you a house if you tell us! :rolleyes:

What fun would that be?

Regarding the Hollywood list. There are 3 things confirmed from it. The AHS house will feature 3 seasons not just Roanoke, one of them is go no go and that the list seems to be missing something...No?

21 minutes ago, marmoset said:

What fun would that be?

Regarding the Hollywood list. There are 3 things confirmed from it. The AHS house will feature 3 seasons not just Roanoke, one of them is go no go and that the list seems to be missing something...No?

Any clues as what may be missing? Just a little clue?

5 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I really don't want Jack back again. Don't get me wrong, I like Jack but it's time a different Icon gets the spotlight put on them again. Plus, Jack without Chance just seems wrong and I'm not sure they want Chance back again for what would be three years in a row. Granted, they seemed to be setting up a "story", if you could call it that, with her house last year and the video that played outside. 

I am surprised the Usher has not come back yet. For 25, his mini-stage always seemed the most popular. With all the IP's, the Palace Theater is the perfect setting. I just feel like he is an underused Icon. Save Jack and Chance for the 30th anniversary.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Mildly off-topic, but

" It is deep within this maze of seemingly mindless letters and numbers that some interesting words are popping up for the experience code readers among us.  So what are they? "

Today I learned inspecting a web page in chrome and CTRL+F for "jack" and other various terms, or just skimming the page, makes someone an "experienced code reader."

Give me a fucking break.

Back to the topic though, I agree with Badge on the portion of giving some of the lesser icons a little limelight. I personally don't care for Chance, and would prefer Jack alone. Just my 2 cents. But if we are getting a ton of TV and Movie houses, the Usher or Director would be a good pick.

But I could always use more Usher or Director, regardless.

• Like 3