HHN 2016 Discussion

So this year was a great year. Just like DTH said, not a single weak maze. Personally, I even thought Exorcist was good. Murdy did the best with the material he was given.
For a while, it even had the longest wait times. Terror Tram was fantastic. High energy, great story, even the music sets the mood as soon as you get on the tram.
There were also a lot of victim roles in TT, I honestly thought there was some crazy person pushing down guests and beating them up for a minute. As for individual mazes, a quickie review...

Halloween: B-
Krampus: A
FvJ: A
American Horror Story: C-
Exorcist: B
Purge Gauntlet: B+
The Walking Dead: B-
Texas Chainsaw: B
Terror Tram: B
Route 666: B
Jabbawockeez: C+

Im going again today, I'll post a full review after tonight.

50 minutes ago, XD005 said:

So this year was a great year. Just like DTH said, not a single weak maze. Personally, I even thought Exorcist was good. Murdy did the best with the material he was given.
For a while, it even had the longest wait times. Terror Tram was fantastic. High energy, great story, even the music sets the mood as soon as you get on the tram.
There were also a lot of victim roles in TT, I honestly thought there was some crazy person pushing down guests and beating them up for a minute. As for individual mazes, a quickie review...

Halloween: B-
Krampus: A
FvJ: A
American Horror Story: C-
Exorcist: B
Purge Gauntlet: B+
The Walking Dead: B-
Texas Chainsaw: B
Terror Tram: B
Route 666: B
Jabbawockeez: C+

Im going again today, I'll post a full review after tonight.

Route 666?

My group was originally gonna go on second night but we went opening night instead. Looks like we lucked out. I consider myself very thankful to have done every single maze last night plus JP and see the show. I know many others were nowhere near as fortunate, but you really gotta hustle for this event. 

• Like 1

Yeah, this year, the lines were really rough.
Not having HP open pretty much destroys capacity and flow.
I've seen a trend of people going straight to Exorcist. I'd almost say you kind of have to choose between getting a short line for Exorcist or getting the backlot mazes.
Early entry is a MUST. There was a ton of FoL pass-holders as well yesterday and even that line was backed up. We ended up getting there at 6:50, only reason we got to do everything is because we lucked out and got a FOL pass.

5 minutes ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

Hopefully they at least open one of the HP rides

That's what I was thinking. That would help with capacity tremendously.
Forbidden Journey would probably suck up at least 15% of the crowds. I thought JK Rowling didn't allow Uni to have HP open during HHN though?

1 minute ago, XD005 said:

That's what I was thinking. That would help with capacity tremendously.
Forbidden Journey would probably suck up at least 15% of the crowds. I thought JK Rowling didn't allow Uni to have HP open during HHN though?

Orlando has Gringotts open.. But I think Universal would have to surrender a cut of the profits to JK and Warner Bros. for having HP open during the event.

6 hours ago, DTH316 said:

Since I never waited longer than 50 mins for a single maze on opening night, I really hope people take my tips in the planning thread into consideration haha. 

However I know people are still gonna make the mistake of doing Exorcist first, but whateva haha

Agreed, your gameplan is the best shot at getting everything done this year. Would you be okay if I utilized your tips in a HHN Guide for beginners video? 

Also, here's a walk through of The Purge Gauntlet! 

58 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Agreed, your gameplan is the best shot at getting everything done this year. Would you be okay if I utilized your tips in a HHN Guide for beginners video? 

Also, here's a walk through of The Purge Gauntlet! 

Just let em know it's DTH's master plan ;)

And actually, Potter open would increase capacity since more people would be allowed into the park now. 

UNLESS that is the issue in the first place. Maybe they used their new cap for the entire park with Hogwarts open and didn't calculate  what they would need to subtract with it closed, thus resulting in too many tickets sold. This was actually an issue a few years ago when Terror Tram closed early on Thursday's and Sunday's, they didn't realize there was less placement of people to go, so they dipped capacity to help even it out.

• Like 1

Yeah, there is a big problem with managing capacity.
Did anybody get a massive backup at Terror Tram? Those shipping crates are a neat idea but they need to figure out a way to hold people
at the Plaza or disperse the crowds a bit more.

Who's going on the 29th?
I'm anticipating more manageable crowds.
I'm trying to work this year but HR doesn't answer the phone so I guess I'm coming 2017 so I'll just enjoy it.