HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

Well, it's a new year AND a new speculation season. I think it's time to pick things up a little bit as the site's been dead around the holidays.

Keep in mind that the slate is already close to being locked (If it hasn't already) and that there will likely be several television shows being featured this year. 

We've mentioned some things already in wishful thinking, but here are my early predictions:

-The Walking Dead: (Duh). Screamscape also reported the Walking Dead will be the theme of the rumored year-round haunt to occupy the new building that replaced the House of Horrors. Inside Universal is backing this rumor up too. Supposedly, it's to open in the Fall when HHN starts and then stay open after the event ends. So yeah, safe bet it's coming. 

-Krampus: Dark Christmas scare zone was popular. Murdy has always wanted to do something with Daughtry. Modest success at the box office. It's a Universal property. Why the heck not?

-The Conjuring: Sequel coming out this year and the paranormal theme seems to work well with HHN. I'm pretty sure several people requested it. I think it's for sure happening. Going to put my bets on JP overflow. 

-Freddy Vs. Jason: This is happening for sure. There's no way that it's not. Critically appraised in Orlando, almost everybody wants it, and it would bring back the two most iconic slashers ever into one house. One of the leakers of last year's line-up from IU said that he's pretty sure this will go in 747. 

-American Horror Story: I know there were creative issues with Ryan Murphy, but I just having a feeling this may finally be the year we get it. You see that clip in the show where they make that shameless plug-in for Universal? I mean, c'mon. That's gotta be a prophesy. MANY people want this. Now that Walking Dead's spotlight is starting to fade a little, maybe they will allow this for HHN. We'll see.

-Alice Cooper: I know Murdy wanted to finish the trilogy for a while and this would fill the role as the obligatory 3D house. I'm completely jaded on the 3D stuff and I don't want to see it ever again. As long as Murdy can make a descent conclusion to the Cooper trilogy, then I wouldn't mind seeing this. It would be nice to see the 3D go back to the roots of HoTC. That's the kind of 3D they need to stick with. The one from the past several years looks way too cartoonish. 

-Hellevator (If we get a seventh house): If this happens, that would be three TV show houses this year. It's a Blumhouse show and Murdy loves working with Jason Blum. I can see Murdy doing an original story for it as you are the contestants on this horror show. They did a Face Off maze, so why not for Hellevator? 

-Purge Terror Tram: There's a new Purge movie coming out, so why not keep the theme with minimal change? That's always what they've done with this anyway. 

So those are my early predictions. What are your thoughts people? 

• Like 1

I'm thinking all the same mazes however I think we might see a Purge maze. Orlando had one, never saw it in person however through reviews and videos I heard/saw that it was a fairly decent maze that was pieced together last second. If given the proper time to design a maze based on the purge I feel like it could make a good maze, and given that Purge does have a third movie scheduled for next year and it is universal so promotion of the property. I feel like the purge could possibly be the new 3 attraction property similar to TWD. Maze, scarezone, terror tram. 

Im really hoping that most, if not all of those mazes come to fruition this year. The lineup makes sense. I've also read on the IU forums that the upcoming AMC show Preacher is a rumored IP to be coming this year. Makes sense considering Seth Rogen, the show's producer I think, has worked with Murdy this past year on tite. Also kinda hoping for Ash vs. Evil Dead at some point. Maybe not this year but eventually.

2 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I'm thinking all the same mazes however I think we might see a Purge maze. Orlando had one, never saw it in person however through reviews and videos I heard/saw that it was a fairly decent maze that was pieced together last second. If given the proper time to design a maze based on the purge I feel like it could make a good maze, and given that Purge does have a third movie scheduled for next year and it is universal so promotion of the property. I feel like the purge could possibly be the new 3 attraction property similar to TWD. Maze, scarezone, terror tram. 

Being that I saw it first hand, I thought it was just okay. It wasn't great, but for a maze that was thrown together at the last minute, it wasn't too bad. I personally wouldn't be too excited for a Purge house. I think it just may be for the Terror Tram.

1 hour ago, HorrorNut316 said:

Im really hoping that most, if not all of those mazes come to fruition this year. The lineup makes sense. I've also read on the IU forums that the upcoming AMC show Preacher is a rumored IP to be coming this year. Makes sense considering Seth Rogen, the show's producer I think, has worked with Murdy this past year on tite. Also kinda hoping for Ash vs. Evil Dead at some point. Maybe not this year but eventually.

I saw that post too and Preacher seems possible. I guess that could fill the slot of my speculated Hellevator maze. Ash Vs. Evil Dead would be a problem for Murdy as he would have to cast a lot of Bruce Campbels. 

I also want to point out that there are a lot of "e"s in my speculated line-up. No "Q"s, "B"s, or "Z"s, either. :)

I loved the purge house. I thought it worked so well because it was a last minute change. It really helped set the chaotic tone. The graffiti on the walls, how dark it was, the heavy metal music in the background, pure adrenaline and I loved going through it, very high scare factor as well.

this is probably what's coming this year

The Walking Dead 

Krampus

Alice Cooper 

The Purge(Terror Tram + House)

Freddy vs Jason

The Conjuring

Ash vs Evil Dead(hopefully)

About Preacher, the show isn't debuting til mid 2016 so I don't know if there will be enough time to do it this year, maybe 2017

Confident guesses: FvJ, The Conjuring (these are both pretty much guaranteed at this point, imo)

Solid guesses: TWD (more evidence for Hollywood to do it than Orlando, which I'm still seriously doubting), The Purge (new moive, hasn't been a maze in USH yet, Uhni picture, already have costumes and masks), something Evil Dead related (Ash was well recieved and both creative directors are big ED fans), Krampus (for reasons already stated)

Plus an original 7th. Possible Purge TT as well.

TWD and FVJ are pretty much given.

3. Krampus- did well, uni property, highly demanded on Murdy's Twitter plus John and Mike been wanting to work together 

4. The Purge- I'm hopping maze mostly since Universal Hollywood higher ups are too chicken sh*t to give outside characters speaking roles anymore the dubs of actual scare actors killed it for me... But can't wait to see new masks from 3. 

5. The Conjuring, honestly did not enjoy it as much as Insidous 2 or 3 but I can see it being a top notch maze if a lot of it legal problems get into the way but who knows just as long as it does not offend moms against fun. 

6. Ash vs Evil Dead- it's doing well so fingers crossed.

I agree on AHS like Deadinside said that time has gone. Also I want to say Preacher is basically DC/vertigo comics' version of spawn a lot of cool looking sh*t but nothing that I think would work as a maze though I have not seen the trailer for AMC's show but I don't feel it would translate well but that's just my take don't let it effect your prediction. 

I'm hoping that The Forrest does well enough love the whole mythology of the real place and Japan itself but unless it does well and Murdy has seen it or Uni pushed it i won't hold my breath

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, SirOwenDisney said:

It has begun & the question remains, is it an easy one or is there more than meets the eye. Because there is something screaming out at me immediately when I see this code name but can it be that easy? Nah.

what was your guess?

2 hours ago, JDW said:

Hmmm. It's either Freddy Vs. Jason or the Conjuring.

1 hour ago, SirOwenDisney said:

The Conjuring. That's what I am thinking it can't be that easy.

What if it's so easy, that it would be the last thing the fans would guess. It's an ingenious carny plan. Also, if it is true, then you guys will not be getting the Conjuring.

This might be too much of a stretch, but with Murdy who knows so i'm just going to throw it out there.....I know Hatchet has been requested by some fans on here, which matches one of his tweets...Jim Permatteo is actually the only victim in the movie who actually gets killed by a hatchet...the actor who plays Jim, Richard Riehle, is from Wisconsin. I feel like they would be able to reuse a lot of the AVP materials for a Hatchet maze as well.

1 minute ago, Freak said:

Hmmm. It's either Freddy Vs. Jason or the Conjuring.

What if it's so easy, that it would be the last thing the fans would guess. It's an ingenious carny plan. Also, if it is true, then you guys will not be getting the Conjuring.

Again, nothing saying this is California only. He said he deals in West Coast only which means he's only talking about his, leaving it to Mike to discuss ours. I don't see any way we don't share this. FvJ not sharing made sense but this is definitely a share if it is The Conjuring. 

And I understand carny ways myself so that's why i've been able to successfully crack his code names the last few years. It's not a guarantee this is Conjuring but it certainly sounds like it. FvJ has been there before but never together so technically FvJ hasn't been there, just Freddy & Jason(& Leatherface) not Freddy VS. Jason.

5 minutes ago, deadbydawn said:

Friday the 13th takes place in New Jersey, and A Nightmare on Elm Street takes place in Ohio. 

I know, doesn't need to be where it takes place just a connection. Just a thought as well I could be wrong and it can be something completely different.

• Like 1