HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

Some tidbits from the HHN Hollywood Q&A on Twitter last night:

1. All IPs this year

2. No direct repeats or "back by popular demand" mazes this year

3. No comedy mazes ala This Is The End this year

4. AWIL was supposed to be in 2012

5. They did save lots of UCM props and set pieces before House of Horrors got destroyed

6. Jurassic Park queue maze has already been designed and teased as an absolutely "killer" maze

7. Mummy queue will be used again for a maze

8. Deals are still being made for the line-up

9. There is one maze that Murdy is "absolutely afraid to design"

Edited by horror lover

7 hours ago, horror lover said:

Some tidbits from the HHN Hollywood Q&A on Twitter last night:

2. No direct repeats or "back by popular demand" mazes this year

6. Jurassic Park queue maze has already been designed and teased as an absolutely "killer" maze

9. There is one maze that Murdy is "absolutely afraid to design"

2. That was worded carefully, as to not say no returning IPs, I'm sure. This could be to not reveal there is at least one returning, or to not reveal none are returning just yet. 

6. Killer? Obviously FvJ. ;)

9. Hmm. I'm starting to get the feeling that at least part of the lineup this year isn't as obvious as we think. 

9 hours ago, foodstampsFTW said:

I see how you can think that, but I don't think FvJ would go in JP, I'd be disappointed if it didn't go in 747 or some other soundstage

There was a rumor that it was gonna happen in 2011 but got scraped and we got WTMN in JP so he already had an idea on how he was gonna do it in JP if it's true I presume it'll probably end up there.

2 hours ago, Mr.HHN said:

There was a rumor that it was gonna happen in 2011 but got scraped and we got WTMN in JP so he already had an idea on how he was gonna do it in JP if it's true I presume it'll probably end up there.

Like I said, I can see why he thinks that, it's just we access to a soundstage now, why wouldn't he want to go bigger with that huge of a property , also it's rumored to be in 747

3 hours ago, Freak said:

Word on USHForums says that Murdy may have finally locked in the Exorcist this year despite Murdy having to go through a LOT of workarounds to make it happen. That could very well be the house he is afraid to design.

Oh shit, this is one film which utterly terrifies me. Dunno if I could cope with a house!

6 hours ago, Freak said:

Word on USHForums says that Murdy may have finally locked in the Exorcist this year despite Murdy having to go through a LOT of workarounds to make it happen. That could very well be the house he is afraid to design.

If he did lockdown exorcist I doubt he'd be afraid to design it considering he has had it designed for the last decade. It be more of a reliefe to do it than anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

With A lot of the construction finishing up there will finally be tons of breathing room

When I was at the entrance a couple of days ago, there was a TON of space on the main entrance. It feels a lot more free. I don't think we're out of the woods yet for construction. A reliable source on Inside Universal suggests that Cartooniversal may not see any of 2017. Unless they don't plan on getting rid of it until after HHN's run, then we could see more walls around Cartooniversal. Other than that, it's going to be all about the lower lot for a while. 

Oh, I'm terrible at getting pictures, but if you are able to dig through InsideUniversal's Twitter, they posted a picture of the former Gibson entrance. It's not a HUGE open space and that could be a sizable space to hold a JP queue-scale house. Just have the queue in WaterWorld and have a staff member moderate restroom traffic and the queue. 

I think that's actually a pretty good venue location. It's not the biggest but I think they could make it work.

So think about this: If they used that venue, and the rumors about HoH 2.0 are true, how many mazes would we (potentially) have this year?

There's Gibson Entrance, HoH/TWD, Parisian, Mummy, Stage 28, JP, Backlot, and SS747. If Universal really wanted to, we could end up having 8 mazes.

On 2/23/2016 at 1:02 PM, zombieman said:

I'd be afraid to design it, too.  Don't see any way in hell to adapt that franchise to a haunted house.  

So much more you can do with a generic theme of demon possession, but being stuck with that rigid IP?  No way.

I can see them do it, now if it will be good... well. I mean if they do what they did with AWiL it would just be picking out scenes from the beginning to the end. *Sigh*

But I do agree, if they went with possession that is not attached to the IP it would open up so much in what they can do.